Abbeville High School is a public school located in Abbeville, AL. It has 388 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Abbeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B60 Students
- A45 Students
- A39 Students
- B39 Students
- A36 Students
- C+34 Students
- B-34 Students
- C-29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Abbeville High School Reviews
My attendance at Abbeville High School has been the best experience. I have been blessed to be granted teachers, administrators, and friends that, all, care about the well being of an individual. My favorite experiences at this school vary from the many class projects we have encountered, to the competitive athletic events I have been in. The uniqueness of this school is originated by the character of everyone's heart. The ability we have to come together and work hard to accomplish better is a quality most schools do not have. This factor, upon many, is the reason i would not trade reliving any of my high school years without Abbeville high school.
Overall I consider Abbeville High (AHS) a great school. The teachers are very helpful and patient, however my school is limited in some things do to lack of funds. Abbeville is a great home environment.
Extracurricular activities at this school are outstanding. The club organizations are educational and helpful. Also, the sports are very competitive, hard working, and educational too. All the coaches and administrators show much support in helping us with our education and our performance. the level of difficulty in every club organization and sport suits the ability of our standards. We aim high and strive to go beyond our level of achievement.