AAEC Early College High School - South Mountain Campus Reviews

AAEC Early College High School - South Mountain is an awesome high school! Students here get the chance to take college classes while still being in high school. We have an advantage to graduate high school with a Associate Degree. Our school is an agricultural school, so for students that love animals or want a career dealing with animals our school have classes to help them achieve their goal.
AAEC South Mountain is an excellent school. The school is perfect for those who wish to work on an Associates degree while doing high school. It is made up of two small campuses and you have access to resources at the South Mountain Community College. The school allows you to take college classes and collect college credits while you complete your high school diploma. This school offers a large variety of classes that focus on agriculture and animal related sciences. This school is smaller than your average high school which means that you get a more personal learning experience and you make closer friendships. Even though the school doesn't have large sports programs, it does offer many activities and programs in which students can indulge.
Here at AAEC we worked together and had much to do. We learned many things and honestly, it was better than me attending Mountain Point High School. Moving to AAEC was the best decision I could have done for myself.
Start Your Review of AAEC Early College High School - South Mountain Campus
AAEC actually cared about my education, at my old school most teachers were just focused on getting through the year and then passing us to someone else. At AAEC, teachers were actually concerned about my future and offered to help me in every way they could.
AAEC Early College is a great high school if you like small class sizes, community and the opportunity to take college classes for free while in high school (if you’re an AZ resident). The cons are that the school doesn’t have sports or a wide variety of clubs and events.
AAEC South Mountain is a very small school but that’s what’s great about it. It’s small size helps teachers focus and teach students better by having their attention. I mostly like this school because they offer you college classes while you also take your regular high school classes. The high school teachers and staff want students to succeed and get ready for college, students can earn their associates degree before they graduate from high school, it’s an amazing opportunity for students who want to get an early start on college.
This school is amazing if you really take advantage of it. This school isn’t about the typical “highschool experience”, it’s about securing your future, building it and prepearing yourself for it. If you take the right steps, opportunities and resources you’ll be doing the absolute best you could possible do for your academic future. You’re guaranteed for success. You can get by if you want to be like every other highschool student but you can go anywhere else for that. If your serious about your goals, this place is perfect for that. Otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend wasting your time nor there’s.
AAEC is an excellent school! I moved there my second semester of freshmen year and I've seen myself grow into a more focused and educated student. The teachers are all very friendly and pay attention to the students and their education. The class sizes are small so there aren't many distractions. The only suggestion I would make is to have more clubs/groups that get the students more involved with the school and show more school spirit.
The years I have spent at AAEC-SM have been some of the best and the most challenging parts of my life. AAEC-SM provides the opportunity of being able to take college classes at the neighboring community college, because of this I will be graduating from high school already having an associates degree. My school is located in the heart of south Phoenix and one of the poorest zip codes in Arizona, none the less we have come together as a school and have a positive impact on the community. I love my school for the chances it has given me, without this school college would have never been an option, now I hope to one day get a doctoral degree.
I absolutely love my school. The opportunities I have been offered are nearly endless. Not only am I a full time high school student, I am also a full time college student, and president of two different clubs. AAEC SM makes me excited for school. I went from being a straight C/D student in 8th grade, missing 71 days of school, and rarely leaving my house to having 12 hour school days and not trading it in for the world. My school has changed me more than I would have ever thought. My teachers care for me, help me, and work completely around my needs. I am able to conform my schedule to what I need, for the best results for success.
AAEC SM is an amazing school if you want to get a head start in college. It opens up several opportunities and help all their students grow not only as high school students, but as college students simultaneously.
I enjoyed seeinf how some teacher were really commited to teaching. Such as the math teacher, Ms. Martin, she was pretty helpful. I feel as if they need to reevaluate pay for some teachers, some definately deserve a raise. I like how they offer a chance to graduate high school with an Associates Degree. I would like them to have normal class schedules instead of block classes. A lot of students dislike having 2 hour breaks during some days.
AAEC-SM offers great curriculum and opportunities such as free college classes, destination field trips, and after-school events. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity AAEC gave me for taking free college classes and being able to graduate with an AA degree.
This school is a great place for a high level education learning. Not only do the give free high school education but they also give you free college classes. Which is an amazing experience!
AAEC South Mountain campus is amazing, it has quality staff, diversity, education, and opportunity's that no other school can offer. Yes the school is small, and we do not have many resources in large quantities, but everything we lack, we make up for in opportunities, such as taking college classes, and groups like STUGO and FFA.The students are able to take College classes and graduate South Mountain Community College with an AA degree a week before their senior graduation.
Overall the parent support at this school is astonishing. One time we had a situation where the students had planned a special event for the teachers all on our own, but it didn't take long before a couple of our parent met and decided they would take care of it all, the spending, the catering, everything was covered by our PTA. The outcome was super,our teachers were impressed by our actions and they continued to do a great job! Our parents truly care about our education and they will assist us in any way possible even of it is to have a little fun. Some parents continue to be active with our events and our school nights even though their children have long graduated, they still comeback to support our staff and our awesome students.
All of the teachers always go beyond their capacities when it comes to helping students outside and in the classroom. I particularly admire our mathematics department for the amazing job they have done at our campus and for continuing to bring in awesome scores every year.Their unique way of teaching, remembering the song "The QF", in order to memorize the quadratic formula, or remembering "sohcahtoa" for everything triangles. These little fun> and sometimes exaggerated funny memes, often do the trick for us students when testing comes around, and these methods are proven to work when our scores come back to be the best ones in the district.
Start Your Review of AAEC Early College High School - South Mountain Campus
Attending AAEC SM is the best decision I have done in my life. This has been the best opportunity that has been presented to me for the reason that it is helping me finish my education. Being able to attend high school and college at the same time is an amazing thing because it gets you one step closer to your future career.
While it is a great school and give high school students the opportunity to get free college they need improvement in student activities and technology.
I personally prominently feel safe in AAEC the whole school is gated and there are always teachers around. The school also has practice fire drills and lock downs in case of emergencies.