1. Mesa, AZ
  2. 9-12
  3. Public, Charter

AAEC - Red Mountain Reviews

I have not had a major problem with school workload, and the teachers are easy to work one on one with especially with planning ahead.
There are many different opinions and views at this school but one of the best parts is how open people are and how safe they feel inside the campus.
Having the opportunity to take free college classes and have the chance of graduating with an Associates Degree is fantastic.
There are very few parents that show up at this school, so the support is very low and there are few activities to get involved with.
Some of the teachers at this school do not take control of their classes and allow disruptions. Overall the teachers do the best with what they are given.
The school has a very safe environment, making sure everything is under control.
There are many different clubs and organizations to be apart of in the high school and college.
Parents are very involved in their children's lives at this school.
Teachers want students to be successful in their class and will work with them to make sure every student has the ability to exceed.
there is never bullying at the school. Nor has there been any situation in which I do not feel safe
Anyone can make a club at any time, so long as they have a teacher to sponsor it.
This school has the best atmosphere. It is small, and everyone knows each other. There is no bullying or words of hate. This is one of the most unique high schools out there that attracts great individuals. It gives a great opportunity to get an associates degree that not many other high schools give. But what makes this school truly special are the amazing teachers.
The teachers at AAEC - Red Mountain are all wonderful. They are approachable, and will do anything they can to help a student. They will help if you need them, and have times available for tutoring every week. The teachers are knowledgable in their areas of study but will also try to help in any other subject if needed. The teachers set out a guideline and stick to it for grading and class room expectations.
Not very many clubs and they tend to disband
I would do it again for the free college
Most of the teachers dont take their roles seriously, and are more interested in being liked by a certain few students than the majorities education.
My school is small. No one feels unsafe. There never has been a threat in my four years of attending.
My school offers a variety of clubs and we are even encouraged to create even more. We have student council, FFA, Christian fellowship, student ambassadors, robotics club, drama, hiking, and many more. I would say FFA and Student council are the more popular clubs on campus. The school offers a Leadership class to help officers and members of clubs improve through leadership exercises, projects, and helping each other out.
I love it. At first I wanted to leave and kept saying I wanted to but ended up staying. My GPA before I started was okay but later on it sky rocketed. I have currently a 3.7 GPA it keeps getting higher and higher because I was able to get the help I needed when my teachers began to tutor students after school. The size of the school is unique, we are all closer and we actually get to know the staff and students. I made sure my brother attended this school because I want him to benfite in the same way I have.
My teachers care about their students, they go out of their way to find to help students struggling. If anyone needed help with homework or could not finish certain assignments due to personal reasons, teachers at this school are understanding and figure out how to make up their work. They also always try to encourage everyone to get involved with clubs and community service. If anyone wanted to help spread the word about charity work, teachers are their to announce it. Our teachers are close and always try to find ways to help improve the school, teaching styles, and activities.