A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School Reviews

A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School was a very pleasant school to attend. I am very happy to have spent my 4 years of high school there. I had many teachers who mostly all cared about the advancement of their students. We were all provided with a laptop so that we could engage in our school work and always have a reliable resource at hand.
A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School has done a very good job in ensuring the students' success. I would recommend this school to any middle schooler in search of great high school!
Being at New Tech is like having a second family you can rely on. By being there you become part of the class family, we support and rely on each other for mostly everything. It has taught me that school is a good escape from the real world you get to meet amazing students, as well as teacher that, want the best for you.
Start Your Review of A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School
In my four years of attending this school I was able to come out of my shell and interact with peers hands on. Whether it was projects or group work everyone had the opportunity to collaborate with one another. I have met so many people and have made numerous friends. The teachers work well one on one with you if you're not at an understanding with anything as well which is good. One thing I would change is adding official activities such as sports and cheer team like a traditional high school. I personally believe I did not get the full high school experience because of it. There was so much more that could have been added.
I enjoy New Tech, but I believe there should be more activities and sports for the students. Other than this, the academics are very excellent and students gain understanding from classes. Our faculty and staff are very caring for our education and making sure we are sucessful. It is safe to say New Tech High School prepares the students for college and university.
When I first entered A.Maceo Smith New Tech High School, it was still new, but the teachers were amazing. I enjoyed how the teachers really pushed us to actually do something better with ourselves especially since we are a school in a low-income neighborhood. The outcome of attending this high school had a 99% college entrance rate with over $600,000 in scholarships from the graduating students.
I like that the teachers are very helpful to the students.They engage with us in all the activities we do.They help us understand the subject they are teaching us about.
A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School is a good small school that has helped me focus on what I want to do with my future and offers much academic help. It may not have many sports but it allows everyone to explore themselves.
I enjoy the everyday experience here.I also like the freedoms we get, it gets me pumped for college.
I am part of the class of 2018 and I have had fun for these past 3 1/2 years. I loved the teachers that I had because they were really involved with us and taught us information in fun ways. Therefore, is the reason that my freshman year was the first year that I ever really passed my history test because of the teacher I had. Over the years they have been creating more sports, so I am in the volleyball team and I love it.
Here at Maceo we are a technology bound school based off of “Trust, Respect, and Responsibility”. Maceo has a program called AVID, and it is a college readiness class that prepares you for the real world. We also offer Dual Credit classes as well as AP classes, to help you while you’re transitioning off to college and can already have a feel for it.
I enjoyed the implementation of different types of learning in the classroom. With our school integrating Project Based Learning and technology in the curriculum it made for a very diverse learning environment that encourages collaboration and technology as a foundation for higher learning. A. Maceo Smith New Tech Highschool helped me developed 21st century skills and successfully prepared me for a competitive global society.
To put it simply, New tech, is a school that actively seeks to improve the experience of their students. They have extraordinary teachers that'll challenge you to do your best and keep you eager to learn more.
I am three days from finishing my second year as a student at A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School and I am loving it. Being a student at this high school has allowed me many wonderful opportunities, such as meeting some of my closest friends, learning more about technology, being in leadership roles, helping to create something huge, and much more. Although we are a tough school and sometimes things become too much, which I believe is normal of high school, it is helping me to grow into a great person and build a better future for myself. Overall, as a sophomore student becoming a junior student at this school, I would proudly invite others from any type of background to come to A. Maceo Smith New Tech High school to come and spend the best years of your life here with us.
It is a place where dreams can be reality of you put hard work and dedication to it and also you find long time relationships with certain people you meet.
I graduated from this school last year and I loved all four years there. Even though teachers left, the environment stayed the same. The faculty was involved with the school and made sure we made it through. There were a lot of opportunities given and taken at Maceo.
I really like the experience of being at a new tech school, mainly because it is project based learning where you have to learn to put aside differences and work as a team. I feel like its a really good school to go to which tries to get you ready for college, but from graduated individuals I have learned that DISD doesn't really get you college ready. The only thing I really have to complain about is that they took along time to get teachers, and for a extended period of time we didn't have a Pre-Calculus teacher or Algebra, but now we do.
Start Your Review of A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School
Overall my experience here was fun because I got to be involved in a bunch of clubs they had to offer and I also got to help the community
I love this school so much.There's no fights and it's a fairly small school,so it's easy to get to your classes and everyone knows each other.
A maceo smith is very different from other schools. We focus on Project Base Learning (PLB) it prepares of for the outside world. We also get to use technology through the whole school.