A. I. Prince Technical High School Reviews

It wasn't to bad. It could of been better but thats cause I came from a town outside of Hartford so not alot of kids from my town came here. But i made some great friends along the way and the school will have stuff to intrest a bunch of different types of students.
In my four year experience at Prince Tech, I had a lot of experiences. It is a trade school so half the time is focused on trade and the other on academics. The academics is sped up because there is only half a school year to teach what other schools do in a whole year. There is also not much focus within the school itself to make students college ready. Counselors are helpful, but the prime function is to send students straight into the workforce. Overall. a good school for those that want to do sports but not pursue college.
I want to see the attitude of the administrators change and the environment even the students . It is negative a lot of the time.
Start Your Review of A. I. Prince Technical High School
I graded in the top five of my class from the shop Information Systems Technology with a 4.0 GPA. I found the aspect of a split curriculum to be refreshing. In academics and shop I was pushed further to explore my strengths and interests. I found great connections with my teachers and learned more than people give technical schools for. However, now a college undergraduate, I am finding the lack of academics in my high school years to be a downfall. I am not as proficient in my academic studies in college as someone who went strictly to a four year academic high school is. Over all I would suggest students who are unsure of their future careers or interest to attend a technical school to spark those interests. However, if they are sure of their interests and potential careers/goals to attend a four year academic high school to be better prepared for college.
At Prince Tech all of the teachers and staff work hard to make sure you are on the right path. They are all friendly and take the time to know you. If you need help you get help and no one is left behind. The only thing I would change is how small the school is. More kids should be accepted to Prince Tech and get to experience what I do.
Prince Tech is really only good if you want to enter into a trade right out of high school or continue your eduction on that trade. The school offers many trades such as Culinary, BioScience, Carpentry, Automotive, and many more. Once you earn your trade certifications, you may or may not need to attend College to dive right into that field of work. Other than that, the school is alright in general but may not be the best choice if you’re looking for something challenging.
Prince Tech is a great trade school, there's many shops to choose from. Then the teachers make sure students learning at the same pace . I would like to see more communication .
Prince tech prepares their students for real life. The teachers speak to you and give good advice to get the students ready for the real world. They work with you and treat you with respect. It's a great school to attend and you graduate with a trade!
The music department was personally my favorite. But everyone worked as a team to always make everything great.
The teachers are always there when you need them. They are always willing to help out students to better our education.
Teachers are very immature. My shop teacher sits and argues with students on a daily.
They are ovverdramatic and overbearing sometimes.
Coming from a volleyball and basketball player, I love the extracurricular activities. I personally believe that besides becoming successful after high school, sports is what motivates me to coming to school everyday and keeping up my grades. I also believe that for many kids that play sports, its become a stress reliever for things we have to deal with outside of school.
High school can be a very bad or a very good experience for some. Personally I would place myself in the middle, but more towards the good side. As the years have gone by, I have created a name myself as being one of the best athletes but still staying on my grades. Unfortunately I would say if I can go back to the high school process I would've went to another school. I believe teachers are not caring enough towards their students, especially for the student who genuinely need help in a certain subject. I've personally been in situations where teachers compare me to other students who are completely different from me and expect us to be like each other. In addition, I believe everything in life should be balanced and second chances should be acceptable. In my school, if you can be one of the best students, academically or just by your character, but if you mess up, teachers will let their personal emotions conflict with their work towards you.
Going to technical high school may teachers struggle with the fact that they have to teach kids the material in 80 days, opposed to 184 days like regular high schools. But due to this, many of the students feel as if the teachers do not care if the student has success in their class or not. Of course we are high school students and should be able to juggle things on our own but at times, teenagers are dealing with situations they have never dealt with before. Most of us think we are in the age where we should have a plan on what we're doing with our life but in reality, we are still kids and still learning about how to transition into the adult world. For this I would have to rate my school a 3/5 because not all teachers care or prepare you for what is coming our way.
The academics a my school are very different than those offered at other schools. The curriculum is very different and students are held up to a different standard than those of a public school.
My school has an in-school clinic, 3 unarmed security guards, and 2 armed state troopers. Once a month the whole school is required to practice fire drill evacuations, what to do in the event of an intruder coming into the school, and occasional gas leak evacuations.
Start Your Review of A. I. Prince Technical High School
Extracurricular Activities at my school include the Art Club, Anime Club, Tutoring, Cheer leading, Football, Basketball, Track & Field, etc. In my opinion, not many students participate in these afterschool activities but those who do are very committed.
What makes this school unique is that students switch from trade to academic classes about every other week. If I could do it all over again I would no choose his school again. I feel as though he teaching styles, and the curriculum taught at my hometown school are very different than those of my current high school.
The teachers at my school have various personalities. Some may be more stern than others. Some may actually teach, and some give you a textbook to read and find answers from. My favorite type of teacher is one who is knowledgeable about what he/she is teaching and enjoys what he/she teaches. That makes for a good quality teacher.