A. Hamilton Preparatory Academy Reviews

I love Alexander Hamilton Preparatory Academy because it has gotten me ready for college and pushed me to complete my FASFA on the first day it was released. It made me complete my college essay my Junior year of high school. I honestly appreciate everything my school has done for me. One thing they could improve is the food but besides that everything helped me and encouraged me to go to college.
It was an alright experience some of the teachers were great and helpful. The students were alright.
Overall, the atmosphere is very nice, and the students are well behaved and honest. I am glad this high-school taught me a lot of cool, innovative things that I could use in my future life.
Start Your Review of A. Hamilton Preparatory Academy
I have been here for +2 years, and I must say that it is a pretty decent school. Not great, but not bad either. It is generally a stricter place than others, which has its ups and downs of course. Sometimes the work can be lacking though, same for the cafeteria food. The quality of the teachers tend to vary but there are indeed some duds here and there. My biggest complain would have to go to the bathrooms, since most if not all of the boy's bathroom stalls have been broken for over a year now and the toilets tend to be dirty too. Everything else is fine at least!
This school got me ready for college pretty well. I was able to take the SAT for free and I learned so much I didn’t learn before. I am very proud to be a student here.
I believe the faculty should listen to the voice of students instead of ignoring it. There should be more opportunities to experience different colleges. But overall these past 4 years have been great with my friends
I like the fact that they are adding more AP courses. Opportunities for students to prosper in these classes should be one of their priorities as they are time worthy and do a lot for future use. Knowing that the school has implemented these type of courses says a lot for how much effort and time they are putting in for their students.
I liked that at Hamilton, I got to experience a caring environment but still with the feel of reality. Teachers were not lenient on late work teaching us skills for the real work, but I did not like that it was not always easy to get in touch with teachers.
I've been attending A. Hamilton since the start of my high school career. I can honestly say that going to this school, I realized that they are very determined in steering each student into the right path. As a preparatory school, we specialize in college readiness as they help students get accepted into 4 year colleges. The teachers and administrators are very supportive and are impeccable when it comes to delivering lessons. I can vouch for their persistence and determination as they helped in cultivating my own ideas and opinions. They ultimately taught me how to be myself along with teaching me important academic lessons. I know have the structure I need to survive in college which I am grateful for. If I could change something, it would be the environment of the school. This regards to the building its self and its many features. They could use some improvement.
Well at Hamilton they is pretty easy but you have to be consistent with your work. The thing that I don't like is how they give dominoes pizza almost everyday. Also I don't like how the math teacher don't elaborate on their explaining and teaching.
I wouldn't wish to go to any other high school if I could have done high school over. Mr.Meade, Mrs.Loftus, Mrs.Parker, Mrs.King, Mr.Liquori, Mr.Kelada, and Mrs.Kelada are my favorite teachers. I really enjoyed their classes. Math isn't my best subject, but because of Mr.Kelada and his wife, I did well.
The school is somewhat reasonably strict about there policies. They want the best for the students.
There are variety of extracurricular activities for students to join during and after school.
Great teachers. Always there for my child.
are shelters in place are very succsessful . Students think its a joke when at random . dont take it serously as they should
There a little clubs through out the school year and no one really particaptes
At atleast all the football games the seats are filled.
Start Your Review of A. Hamilton Preparatory Academy
Some teachers , not all , have a negative attitude tward students. One teachers I had showed favoritisim. The grading from one student another reflected that . I had the same wrong as another student . they recived a better grade then I did.
Extracurricular opportunities at my school are things you can try out, but require talent such as the art club or drama club. Some clubs little to none show up. Many students do not partake in these activities as they go home to do nothing after school, or make excuses to not join any club at all.
My school is located in an area where there is some violence, and that violence or violent mindset can linger into my school. Therefore many students want to be rebellious and it can affect the study of others who do not seek trouble at all and just want to succeed. What makes my school unique is the amount of the black and hispanic population changing some curriculums in all schools in my area not just ours. However, if I were given the chance, I think I would do it over again because I have made some mistakes I know I could have avoided, unfortunately I chose a different path. Thus, lowering my GPA, but now Junior and Senior year I am making a change, I tried Junior year and I'm going to try harder my Senior year.