71st High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+65 Students
- B-61 Students
- B+58 Students
- A58 Students
- B+58 Students
- C55 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+46 Students
- C+46 Students
- A+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
71st High School Reviews
Review 71st High School
Over the last four years at Seventy-First High School I have remained content with what it has offered with only a few complaints, some of them being the safety, culture and parent involvement. I am not someone who worries about safety often, but I know there are students who do not feel safe or welcome walking the halls or in class. I blame this on the culture that has been adopted by some faculty, staff and students. For a long time, Seventy-First has held a negative reputation, so people think lowly not only of the school but also of the students attending. Because new students come in with such a bad image of the school coming in, their behavior reflects what society thinks of them. This behavior usually goes unchecked because their parents don't involve themselves in the their child's school life. Being a member of the school's PTSA, I have attended what I see as too many meetings where the parents that attend because they're apart of the board.
Seventy-First was a very diverse school and I did have many learning opportunities. Some things can be disorganized within the school like certain clubs, but your resources are there, you just have to ask. The head counselor is the one to talk to, none of the other counselors were helpful to me, if anything they gave me vague information that resulted in me missing out on vital things.
The instructors at the university I attend are very diverse. Each instructor have different experiences and skills. Some have traveled to different countries and studied abroad. With that in mind, each instructor has their own way of approaching the material that we, the students, need to learn. Some instructors give more grades than others but that just makes you work harder which ever way the grading is conducted. I feel that if you introduce yourself to the instructors one on one and tell them about yourself, they are more willing to work with you.