Winston-Salem State University Graduate Reviews

WSSU is a great HBCU. The only horrible thing about it - financial aid & office. Student life is amazing! It easy to find an awesome balance between work and play. SO proud to be a RAM!
The DPT program is good with caring professors. The administration of the university however is very poor. Financial aid is a problem every semester, emails and phone calls go unanswered.
As a graduate student, I am not typically involved with campus events. My program provides a strong education to prepare me to enter the workforce. The administration offices are very disorganized and difficult to deal with. Tuition is affordable compared to other universities.
Start Your Review of Winston-Salem State University
I chose Winston Salem State for grad school based mostly for cost. However, during an open house, I felt positive energy from the professors---a real desire to teach and make future professionals. This is something I find consistently with this school: there is a desire to foster an attitude of service, respect, and energy toward purpose. The campus is not in a good area, not the prettiest, and the food is just so-so. Really, my biggest complaints about the school are not feeling terribly safe walking to my car at night and problems with the administration. The administration actually drives me crazy. I have had lots of hold ups and run into barrier after barrier when trying to deal with financial aid and parking, etc. There are a few great employees, but largely I have encountered inconsistency, poorly designed systems, and unhappy employees unwilling to work with you, which is a shame because I love the PT department and all the hard-working people in the Health Sciences school.
Pride of the HBCU is great, but the administration needs more training. Working with financial aid is the biggest headache. Sports and teachers are awesome. Feels as if you are a part of a big family.