University of Iowa Graduate Reviews

I would like to see professors become more student centered verses them having their own agenda. They are instructors and need to learn how to teach what they are experts in. Other items I would change would be the parking at Iowa. Its cheaper to park in Chicago than it is to park in Iowa City. The city has a napoleon complex and pretends to be this "culturally unbiased" institution in which you see the dark sides of a ultra conservative state lay root in the very Pentacrest that this institution prides itself. Other than that...good party school, go hawks.
I am a graduate student that is doing the Des Moines, IA distance learning. It is close to where I live and allows me to not have to commute back and forth to Iowa City. I don't like that the building is downtown and that I have to pay for parking just to go to class.
I've really enjoyed the University of Iowa so far. The professors are very knowledgeable about the topics they teach and share experiences that help us learn a lot.
Start Your Review of University of Iowa
The University of Iowa offers exceptional educational experiences to those willing to take advantage of them. I like that most of the upper level courses are small with a decent faculty to student ratio.
The expectations are high, the faculty are top notch, the campus is beautiful and the campus is filled with diverse people. In general, I'm enjoying my experience so far.
My program is based out of Des Moines but all in all it's an amazing option for anyone interested in pushing themselves to the next level of knowledge and career. Instructors are industry savvy and not stiff academics. The quality of the students is unsurpassed. I'd highly recommend Iowa to anyone looking for a great program that meets the needs of busy adults.
Great school for your buck! There are so many opportunities for you at Iowa, if you're not finding them then you're not looking! Great professors who are excited and passionate about teaching and so many students that you can connect with! Great library and rec center for your late night studying and break needs!
Great school, a lot of fun! Many opportunities to get involved with many different organizations. Iowa City is a great city with lots of things to do. Campus is big, but not too big, and is beautiful.