Southern Methodist University Graduate Reviews

SMU is a great school with strong ties to top corporations in the DFW area. The faculty is highly educated, and motivated to bring you current events and topics, shaping your education with real world understanding. The campus is beautiful, and the students are all welcoming and bright. i couldn't be happier! Go Mustangs!
My academic advisers and Success advisers for the Master of Science in Data Science program are awesome. The are very prompt when answer email and looking for resources that will make my time in the program manageable. My advisers call me weekly to check in with me to see how I am doing and if there is anything they can assist me with. The customer service on campus is amazing. All persons took the time to listen to my concerns and make sure that I was okay. So, if you are looking for a good Data Science program, as well as an awesome university to attend that care about its students, then Southern Methodist University (SMU) is the university.
SMU is a private school which offers world-class programs taught by experienced working professors! My program is for working professionals so all my courses are from 6-9pm! The campus is safe and beautiful. Professors want to help you succeed!
Start Your Review of Southern Methodist University
SMU is providing excellent customer service and my professors take the time to answer all my concerns and are always encouraging and supportive.
SMU is a great school with wonderful facilities and amazing professors, depending on what your major is in. The students can be pretentious. The Greek life is very dominant here. You're either Greek or a nobody (Greeks refer to them as GDIs).
It's a beautiful campus with highly rated law and business colleyes. From my experience so far the science, especially geoscience department is highly under-rated. My professors have both impeccable backgrounds and projects for those who want to work in industry or remain in academics to proceed into high levels of research.
I really enjoy the friendliness of the students and faculty at SMU! Saturdays during football season are a great chance to meet people on the Blvd and to take a study break. Lots of people enjoy Dedman Rec Center, where you can meet new people while you get your sweat on. Plus, there's plenty to do in the DFW area!
-Good student to professor ratio. - The Lyle school of Engineering has a high female ratio.
- Classrooms are well equipped and distant students have access to recordings of teachings, which I think is really cool
- You're given $100 print credit as an engineering student
This university is amazing! I feel like it has really opened doors to new opportunities while also having a fun atmosphere.
I think Southern Methodist University is great for students who are looking to broaden their perspective on the world, particularly if they have an interest in Human Rights.