Marshall University Graduate Reviews

Marshall University is a smaller school, located in a tight-knit community. The campus is small, allowing a walking distance to every dorm and academic building. I have met some of the most amazing people through school, but also through athletic and volunteering events. The one thing about Marshall that I love, is that they truly do provide you with every opportunity for success.
I am about halfway done with my graduate of Master's in Leadership Studies. I have enjoyed the material and classes. I am taking one class at a time and the workload is reasonable. I have especially enjoyed the writing help center, and my interactions with Dr. Bethel of the leadership Master's program. His course was the most thought out and profitable that I have taken so far. Thank you Sir!
I haven't yet attended marshall as a student, i have worked there as a desk coordinator and i enjoyed it.
Start Your Review of Marshall University
The graduate student salary is low, but there is a full tuition stipend for all GAs. Huntington is an impoverished town and the opioid epidemic has taken its toll on a lot of people. The campus itself however is well maintained and secure.
I have had a great time at Marshall so far with my freshman year. Everything is done so well here, the people are so nice, there is so many things to do on campus. Overall just a great place to be.
I am so happy that I have chose Marshall University to continue my education. I was upset to leave home and my family. Marshall from day one has made me feel like home. EVERYONE is more then willing to help if you have a question about anything. I have made great friends, the teachers are willing to help and want to see you succeed. The campus is beautiful and with MUPD I feel very safe on campus. Marshall also has so many great activities for you to do and it makes for great memories and opportunities to meet new people. I am honored to say I am a daughter of Marshall. I will continue to represent this amazing school in everything thing I do.
I went to Marshall for undergrad, then to another university for my first graduate degree, and am so excited to be returning back to Marshall for my next degree. I love this school, its programs, facilities, staff, etc. I can't recommend it highly enough.
I like the classes and my professors are very helpful and understanding. I wish that some of my classes weren't at locations other than campus sometimes because it is harder to find parking at the VA hospital sometimes.
The main problem I think would probably be the city it is located it, Huntington itself I do not enjoy as does not have the best people sometimes, especially downtown regions at night. The academics so far has been decent as I am in graduate school here.
This is a beautiful place to grow and learn. I would like to see more online graduate classes offered.
At marshall university, the atmosphere of diversity and quality goes above and beyond. Marshall makes sure their students are well rounded and taken care of in any way or form.
A good medical program, though is in need of some solidity in terms of programs. Everything here is always changing and in flux, and this has worsened with the passing of the dean of preclinical education.
I began classes with Marshall as a high school student but chose another college after graduation. I transferred back to Marshall as a non-traditional student several years later and am very happy with the education I received. Marshall has a nice campus and professors who care about their students (at least in LCOB which is where I was mainly). I felt that the environment in classrooms fostered growth and challenged students enough to engage them without being discouraged.
I will be continuing my education through one of Marshall's graduate programs and would recommend others to this University.
Smaller teacher to student ratio. Easy campus navigation. New dorms and "Colleges". Many restaurants within walking distance, theater and Civic center arena within a mile or so. Great student center, football stadium is across the street. On the Ohio River. Ritter Park close by. Town is flat.
Everyone is friendly and professors are genuinely interested in your goals and assisting with your success.
Love the professors and classroom setting. The campus is beautiful making the college feel much more like home. The sports allow for a great student experience in a smaller town where everyone feels like a family.