Graduate School - Newark, Rutgers Unversity Reviews

It is a wonderful experience to be part of the Rutgers University family and alum. The Rutgers name is well-known in the tri-state area which is beneficial when job-seeking and the education is exceptional and current. I would recommend Rutgers to anyone who is looking to further their education in healthcare.
Coursework is current and relatable. Professors and staff are willing to go out of their way to help you with school work.
Great professors and very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Campus is nice but could use some sprucing up.
Start Your Review of Graduate School - Newark, Rutgers Unversity
History program with NJIT was great, the professors were very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. Very helpful with feedback on papers. Class discussions were always thought provoking.
Great Professors, very knowledgeable and engaging. Many events and speaker series to attend outside of class.
The campus is good considering it's in Newark but there should be an orientation for students to get familiar with all the things they need to know to be successful at Rutgers Newark. Things such as parking, where to eat, location of buildings etc. should be readily made available.
I am a current freshman in Rutgers- Newark and I’m enjoying the activities held here. The professors are active and responds to with students, more than I’ve ever experienced in high school!
The information sessions were well organized and provided beneficial information regarding the programs offered. As well, the interactions were friendly and you felt welcome. Teachers in my department are available and want you to succeed in the program, as well as understand about balancing school and other personal responsibilities. The professors work with you to help facilitate required hours for school, as well as, understanding fulfilling work hour requirements. Another benefit, is most teachers are still practicing within healthcare, enabling them to impart up-to-date information and knowledge. The IT department is always available to answer questions or assist in trouble shooting problems with technology in the classroom setting or your own personal devices. Rutgers use of a shuttle system, with multiple routes, makes transportation easier. The biggest help is that the shuttle is free for all students, helping to save on transportation costs.
Great graduate education. Poor area and no student activities. Focus on your studies and utilize the mentorship and advisors and you will be successful.
Live in the on campus dorm and you’ll do a lot better.
The professors have the students' best interest to succeed. There is flexibility in the program; part-time or full time, depends on what is suitable for the student. There are both online and in-class courses offered.
My experience at Rutgers University Newark has been great since the moment I got an acceptance letter about Honors Living-Learning Community College. The program allowed me to be more connected to Newark from the class Local citizenship, where we have to visit a site in Newark that we would like to change. I got the opportunity to interact with citizens around the Newark community to learned how they live.
My experience at Rutgers this far has been phenomenal. Currently I am a graduate student in the MPA program. Between the people you meet and the professors that you get to engage with, I am not disappointed by my choice in graduate studies.
Rutgers is a hub for innovation and research. The professors especially the ones in the school of nursing are the best! the proximity to New York City makes Rutgers a perfect school for young people. Students looking to work also have a lot of choices. The Prudential Center is close by, major hospitals are a walking distance and many places to eat.
Loved the diversity and inclusion at this University! This is one of the most diverse college campuses in the United States and promotes inclusiveness and tolerance among students and faculty members. Great urban campus in the heart of the financial district of Newark. There is new construction happening all the time and there are great spots for coffee, lunch, dinner, as well as night life. Rutgers provides renowned education for its students and most professors deeply care about their students. There is an issue with parking on campus, but I hope that will be rectified soon.
I recently started the MSW program in January at Rutgers University. They have 4 different programs for individuals interested in obtaining a MSW. I chose to do the online program for my first two semester which is great for people who don't have the time to physically be inside a classroom. If you are good at teaching yourself and managing your time, that would be a great program for you ! I will be taking classes on campus now so that I can interact with the professors and students more. And hopefully graduate earlier than I originally planned ! This is a great MSW program. They make sure they give you enough experience so that you are ready for the real world.
It is a great University with excellent teacher and resources. The student formation is remarkable and its location is very accessible.
I will be starting graduate school at Rutgers University this Fall and I am incredibly excited. Rutgers University offers a top-notch education and produces well-rounded students who not are academically strong but also have experience in community service and research. I am confident that after finishing my graduate studies at Rutgers University, I will be ready to conquer any field I pursue next.
Start Your Review of Graduate School - Newark, Rutgers Unversity
Some of the professors are great. I would like more interaction with online professors. It can be frustrating trying to get in contact with professors for onlone courses. I wish there were more courses offered in class.
I love the diversity, the food, and the environment. But I’ll have to admit that parking, the majors, and the quality of professors needs improvement.
Very happy so far, but only in first semester. Very well organized. Everyone seems to care about the students here.