Yuba College Reviews

I've been going to yuba for a whole year now. It's been a great experience. I've meet great people who really want to help students have a more stress free experience with college. People are always ready to help the student with any question they might have.
Great instructors, they really help you with all the questions, classwork, Etc. I rated it 4 stars because the counselors are not much help. I had to see 5 different counselors because they couldn't set upmy educational plan correctly, and had no idea what my major was all about. I did my research and fixed my own classes, since I got tired of setting appointments and getting the same response. Overall, the school is good, just needs better experienced counseling.
The great part about Yuba College is that it's cheap. That being said, you really get what you pay for...
Start Your Review of Yuba College
All of my professors have been very nice, but some of the classes are hard to get into because they become full very quickly.
I'm in the EOPS Program and I like how all the EOPS and financial aid staffs helps the students with questions, but sometimes it gets a little busy and may result in waiting. For the campus, it is very clean with the grass mowed almost every week and there are tables and benches for people to sit and the cafeteria is always open. They also sell food and there is a bookstore that you can buy products such as papers, pencils, books, snacks, sandwiches, hot and cold drinks, mobile chargers, Yuba college shirts/sweaters, and even makeup!
I would like to see better trained counselors assisting students. Also, there needs to be a better communication channel between financial aid and students. One financial aid adviser will say one thing, then another will say something else.
I have had a nice experience with teachers at this college and really enjoy the people that I have met. Teachers are great to work with and really connect with their students on an incredibly personal basis. I've worked with teachers that have encouraged me when I was at the end of my rope and stressing. There is always a friendly competition between teachers and lively debates in classrooms that appeals to people of all walks of life.

As for the staff, some are great and some are just not good. I was off-put that one of the counselors in her personal life was against gay marriage and was confiding this in a classroom to a student after hours. It was not professional.
i love this school so helpful and caring amazing staff!!!! epoands is an amazing program the staff really knows how to make a student feel welcome and excepted no matter their situation
My experience here was fairly great. It was my first experience on a college campus and truly felt that way. There seemed to a very serious type attitude by the students and faculty but there wasn’t that shortness of fun and friendlyness aswell. Definitely recommend for a first year student.
I like how the staff are very patient and helpful. They understand every details and will help along the way with no hassle.
I enjoy the community at the campus, every time I’m there it feels like a safe and fun environment. The people are nice, and if you need help there always seems to be someone available to help you.
So far, my experience at this college has been okay. I think that the professors should try and reach out to their classes a little more. Out of all of my professors, I've only had one who didn't cuss at the class and actually expressed her appreciation for her students and showed how much she cared about us as students.
It has only been my first semester of Yuba College and so far it has been going smoothly. I have not been around campus for long enough to see what or feel how Yuba College really is. I think that if I continue to attend and progress as a student here more I may find more interests and like or dislikes.
People are super friendly and helpful. Counselors are smart and will help you with whatever you need.
Yuba is a great college with wonderful professors. Although the campus is somewhat outdated, it is very affordable.
Information isnt spread around efficiently to students and some of the staff act as though they are only there for a paycheck and dont care about the students
yuba college is great. It offfers many different classes in several different fields of study. it also has classes offered on-line and on TV.
Start Your Review of Yuba College
My overall experience has been pretty good. The staff is really helpful. The professors here are also kind and always ready to help. The food in the cafeteria is pretty alright. The environment is usually clean and healthy. Online classes are easy to follow along. Students can easily go to the library or tutoring if they need any help. The counselors are super nice and you can always ask them for help or just talk to them if you have any problems.
This community college is pretty nice. The academics and professors here are fantastic, and tuition is pretty low. I learned a lot here.
Yuba College is overall a great community college to start at if you want to. I was here four years and now im transferring. The staff is very helpful and you will learn a lot about yourself and the careers that interest you the most. If you are an athlete like myself then you will enjoy meeting new people every season and traveling to cool places. The best thing that i would recommend for anyone is to stay positive even when times are hard and to never give up in following your dreams.