Young Harris College Reviews

Online learning has been a good experience. It seems to micmic everything but the physical element of the classroom. The professors have provided plenty of communication and are always there to help. However, the involvement within the subject material might be lacking through online learning.
Good school and great environment. Students, professors, and staff are very caring. The campus and student body are very small but has decent facilities and a very nice updated student center. The dorms are adequate but dated and small. The college has good sports and decent funding for their sports. Some work on student involvement could prove useful, not a lot going on. Overall a good, but quiet institution.
Young Harris College, located in North Georgia, has a great scene around the college with the mountains at every corner. Being in the middle of the mountains gives an isolated experience that brings you closer to interact with your peers which has been great for me to grow more. This college has a lot to offer with financial aid opportunities and just the accommodations they give for new students. This school is so dedicated to its students even if they aren't perfect they do what they can.
Start Your Review of Young Harris College
My freshman year has been in the midst of the Covid pandemic which caused many challenges, but Young Harris acted quickly and efficiently to keep their students from missing any course content. I was able to attend lectures virtually and interact with classmates and the instructors in real time. Not only that, but professors made sure that we were accommodated in our unique situations.
Is Great here, everyone is so friendly. Because of the pandemic they make sure to you wear your mask. Most of students' classes are on online, but they let us walk around campus with safe distance of each other. The school got a system to make sure the students are safe from the virus. Also Because the school is located on the mountain, the view is amazingly beautiful.
I have some classes that are online. Some teachers pre record their lesson and others have video chat. They give many resources to help us pass the class. I don't really like online class, is very different from in person class. I don't learn well but the teachers are always available to help.
Young Harris College, located in North Georgia, has a very serene setting. Being in the middle of the mountains gives an isolated experience that brings you closer to interact with your peers. This college has a lot to offer, plus the food here is SPECTACULAR! This school is filled with so much Mountain Lion pride. From sporting events, to clubs, to random activities, YHC has it all!
Young Harris is very inclusive on different learning styles. Our professors go out of their way to make sure that people feel comfortable with online learning. If we have any questions at all, they are always happy to help us. Our campus is also very small so our student to teacher ratio is very small. This allows us to have more time with our professors to ask questions if we do not understand.
During the COVID-19 quarantine, Young Harris College acted quickly and efficiently to keep their students from missing any course content. I was able to attend lectures virtually and interact with classmates and the instructors in real time. Not only that, but professors made sure that we were accommodated in our unique situations.
Young Harris is a small school with big opportunities for community. There are amazing professors, insightful and caring staff/administration, and a multitude of scholarships specific to the school. 95% of students receive financial aid and/or scholarships! I wish Young Harris's diversity was stronger; however, there is a vibrant campus culture in which anyone can find groups that share their interests, hobbies, beliefs, and skill sets! Students know nearly all of the faculty and staff by name (and visa-versa)!
I did not get an online experience, but I do believe they would have done well with it. They weren't afraid of new tech.
My time at Young Harris College will forever be cherished. The culture is like family, and you can't beat that.
online can get inconsistent, some professors did wonderful work in the online setting while others struggled to do the bare minimum
the atmosphere (physical and social) of young harris is so powerful. the people there (faculty, staff, and students) truly make you fall in love with this little mountain town.
My experience at Young Harris College has been very enlightening experience that has taught many things while having fun at the same time. Loved that it was a small campus located in the Appalachian mountains of Northern Georgia, where there were many outdoor activities to do around the surrounding areas of campus.
I loved the small school environment! I felt like the professors were invested in their students and you were not treated like "just a number"
It has been great, they try to involve the students in many events. I wouldn't change much just some of the teaching styles.
Start Your Review of Young Harris College
Young Harris College is a small private school located in the mountains of Towns County. Getting to know new faces is very easy to do at YHC due to the size. The professors are very personable and willing to work with every student.
Young Harris was my top choice college and as a freshman I loved it but things went downhill following budget cuts and an entire group of new faculty/staff who came with the new dean. The new faculty and staff members have changed many things that should not have been changed. None of my experiences with trying to get things changed for the good of the rest of the students has even been considered. Despite all of the things I hate there are some genuinely sweet people there, especially in the dining hall, and the campus is beautiful.
Attending Young Harris College was one of the best decisions that I made. Young Harris is a very small private school, which was a big issue for some students there. The school had about 1,500 students. There was not a whole lot to do in Young Harris unless you really liked being outdoors so you had to get creative, but for me that made the experience that much better. I liked that it was such a small school. Professors were always ready to help and you were able to get one-on-one time if you were struggling in a class something you might not get with a bigger school. There was a strong sense of community at Young Harris and you really do become like family. I never walk somewhere without seeing a friendly face. One of the biggest downfalls of Young Harris is it on the expensive side, which I wish could be changed.