York College of Pennsylvania Reviews

1,105 reviews
York College of Pennsylvania has an excellent nursing program. The professors are really there to help you and they want you to succeed. The small class room sizes are a benefit. I would like to see some changes to the school. The food is not very appetizing or it is the same week to week. The hours of the dining hall on the weekends are limited. Overall, it is a good school and cheaper than many colleges.
I really enjoyed my experience at York College, I made so many new friends. Also the ratio of student to professor is amazing you can really get some one on one time with your teacher if needed.
This college is very diverse and has a great atmosphere. The inclusiveness is excellent as well as the overall experience.
Start Your Review of York College of Pennsylvania
The college is oversold at ALL pre-enrollment events. After the first week, it is aparent that the food is severely lackluster and eating healthy is rarely possible, the shuttle system is inefficient, as a freshman you must park your car on the opposite campus (apparently living near your car is a "privilege"), and some professors are out to help you, but the small class size really just leads to a High School 2.0 situation. Most students being commuters or living within 45 minutes of their house means that there is nothing to do on weekends, unless you're a big fan of laundry and guessing what time the dining hall is open.
My experience thus far has been an amazing journey from timidness to confidence, inexperienced to knowledgeable, and unskilled to professional. York College does a great job at preparing you to be an equipped individual who is well-rounded and ready to take on any task. Also, the personal feel here, is second to none. My professors know my name and genuinely care not only about my performance in academics, but also my personal well-being. I would like to see more diversity on campus concerning race and ethnicity. However, each year there is an increase in diversity ratings and it's noticeable.
I enjoyed my time at YCP, but in hind sight I wish I had used my time more wisely and gotten involved in academic programs outside of the normal program. It's a good school for education majors because it gets you into the classroom freshman year.
The academics are very good at York College of Pennsylvania and at the end of the day it is what we all came here for. Even though the main reason for coming here was for my education, also came to build up my social skills because I did not give myself the opportunity to do that in high school. York does a good job at getting the students involve with the activities they hold. I wish there was more diversity when it comes to the student that attend the school. I'm there are ways to work on it though.
I enjoy going to york college very much. The york college experience is packed with excellent academics, very good teacher-student relationships and plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities; not to mention the different performances that come to the college. My all around experience has been amazing.
I like that it's a smaller school and it's a lot of hands on. The people and upper class are very helpful. It also a very clean school and the student also keep it clean . They also have a lot of active and group for the student to do or join and keep them busy.
I am currently enrolled at York College of Pennsylvania and I have to say I love it! The campus is sooo beautiful and small enough where you can wake up five minutes before class and still make it! My experience here has been nothing but great and it has to dooo with the kindness of the students, professors and even the workers. Everyone here is so welcoming and makes you feel at home even when you are living away.
I like that the apathy of the student body towards issues of racial injustice and equality prepare me for the real world. I was disillusioned that everybody cares about these issues, and coming to York helped me realize that most people don't. It prepares you for the real world, completely.
My experience so far has been very good. The campus food is either hit or miss. Some days there is good food, other days there is not so good food. As expected with any college classes, there is a heavy work load. It is manageable, but it can get stressful sometimes.
I love the small classes that YCP offers. The campus is gorgeous and easy to get around. YCP has the nicest professors and wonderful campus activities. The only downside I’ve seen is the cost of tuition, however YCP is a private institution so it’s okay I guess.
York College of Pennsylvania offers many different programs to many different people. Each program is staffed with friendly and very knowledgeable professors who will work with their students so that they are able to succeed in their career. There are many different opportunities that are made available for students including many sports programs, clubs, internship availabilities, career fair and much more. York is a fantastic school to start off anyone's college career and you are guaranteed to succeed.
York is a small, but beautiful school that provides many of opportunities if you put yourself out there and take them. There is many activities that happen on campus on weekends, although many people still go home. The location isn’t the best, but if you use good judgement you’ll be fine. Couldn’t see myself going anywhere else
I love how York College is small enough that you are able to be known personally by professors and peers, but large enough that there is still a lot of diversity among the student body. I like that the professors are always willing to help both in and out of class, and I truly love how pretty the campus is as well.
The small classes, greenery, and close relationships with my professors and major have made my last 3 1/2 years at York memorable and cherished!
Start Your Review of York College of Pennsylvania
It is a very nice campus. The area is not very nice when it comes to the dark night hours. If you come to this campus and need to go outside in the dark take a buddy. Other than that the college is very clean and nice.
This is my first year at York College of PA and it has been a good experience, I've made friends and excelled academically. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and everyone is very friendly. There are lots of things to do such as attending basketball games to movie nights. I've enjoyed going to school here, classes have been challenging but not so difficult that I have to study all the time.
I like the school because it is smaller and more intimate. Students really get to know one another around the campus. I would like to see the classrooms become more modernized, however; many still have chalkboards in use.