York College of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.67 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.67 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration80 Graduates
Business Administration and Management55 Graduates
Behavioral Sciences44 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management40 Graduates
Public Relations37 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.80 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.104 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Colleges like York College of Pennsylvania
- BMillersville University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Millersville, PA
- 1,319 reviews
- B+Elizabethtown College
- 4 Year
- Elizabethtown, PA
- 624 reviews
- B-Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Shippensburg, PA
- 930 reviews
- BBloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Bloomsburg, PA
- 1,267 reviews
York College of Pennsylvania Reviews
My experience thus far has been an amazing journey from timidness to confidence, inexperienced to knowledgeable, and unskilled to professional. York College does a great job at preparing you to be an equipped individual who is well-rounded and ready to take on any task. Also, the personal feel here, is second to none. My professors know my name and genuinely care not only about my performance in academics, but also my personal well-being. I would like to see more diversity on campus concerning race and ethnicity. However, each year there is an increase in diversity ratings and it's noticeable.
The main campus is beautiful in the spring and in the winter when it is covered in snow, but when it snows they completely disregard the disabled. They push the snow into the wheelchair ramps outside of the buildings, and some of the buildings are not very accessible. The student union building has the disability bathroom located upstairs down a very narrow bathroom. On weekends the shuttles do not run, so disabled students on North Campus have to walk to main campus to eat, and thats if the dining hall isn't closed on that Saturday because of one of the many Open Houses that they close access to students for. Classes are normally good, and there's normally stuff to do on campus, but accessibility is an issue.
The college is oversold at ALL pre-enrollment events. After the first week, it is aparent that the food is severely lackluster and eating healthy is rarely possible, the shuttle system is inefficient, as a freshman you must park your car on the opposite campus (apparently living near your car is a "privilege"), and some professors are out to help you, but the small class size really just leads to a High School 2.0 situation. Most students being commuters or living within 45 minutes of their house means that there is nothing to do on weekends, unless you're a big fan of laundry and guessing what time the dining hall is open.