1. Prescott, AZ
  2. 2 Year

Yavapai College Reviews

I have attended Yavapai college for the last three years as a program that my high school offers. I have had no bad experience with any Yavapai College courses, and have always had a great time in each of my classes. Yavapai College has a beautiful campus filled with many friendly faces.
Yavapai College is a wonderful place. I have learned so much in the past few semesters, not only from the classes I've taken, but from the faculty as well. The majority of the people on campus, both student and employee, are nice, pleasant people. One of the things about YC that I have really enjoyed is getting to meet fellow students who are hungry for knowledge. It's encouraging and inspiring to meet people who are working so hard and diligently to earn their degree.
I previously went to a community college in Tennessee. Transferring to Yavapai was easy and the school accepted all of my credits. They were really helpful on me choosing what classes I need to take now to move forward in my degree.
Review Your College
The online courses are very useful in that it allows students to work and go to school. I've taken a couple of online classes that gave me plenty of knowledge of the subject and wasn't overwhelming. The online professors make themselves available online and even in person. The system yavapai has makes it really simple and convenient for students to interact with each other.
Yavapai has a direct link to many universities across the state which easily accept your credits. Yavapai has advisors specifically trained in helping students transfer and make the best option of what school after yavapai.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The courses are very helpful to real life job opportunities. The professors are very approachable and willing to help the students succeed in every way. The classes are smaller which makes it easier to get involved and to know your professor and classmates on a more personal level.
The school has a great reputation in the community and therefore businesses want to hire graduates from Yavapai. The school has an enormous amount of career center/ services that can provide information and tools for the student to make the best choice on a career.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I'm a nursing student and the nursing program is highly respected by the hospitals in the community. The instructors care about the knowledge you acquire so you can be the best Nurse and treat your patients effectively. The curriculum is not impossible or overwhelming and they are always willing to help. They offer a preceptor ship in your last semester which really is beneficial to getting your foot in the door of the hospital.
Yavapai college has helped me succeed in my academics by providing an avoidable and high quality education. Since the very beginning the staff has gone over and above to help me in choosing classes and funding. The college has become a place where I can truly grow and get involved. I wouldn't choose any other school to get my degree.
Transferring credits was as simple as I suppose it could be. of course, I'm only speaking for myself.
Again, it's nice and convenient to a certain degree , but for students who do better learning in a classroom environment such as myself it kind of limits my education ( for lack of better word)
I really cant speak on behalf of this matter at the current time.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The professors that I've met seem to have a good knowledge base. The courses are okay. Though some are only offered online which is kind of restricting when it comes to students who learn in a classroom environment better.
I haven't yet been able to access or identify all the possibilities listed above. The school seems very well organized, but I am unfortunately unfamiliar with the school and programs as a whole.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Once again., it's only the first week of the semester .
I barely broke the ice in terms of going through this semester.
I am just completing my pre-requisites and co-requisites right now. I have heard that Yavapai College has one of the best nursing programs out there. With the experience that I have had so far at Yavapai, I am exited to start on my major.
Review Your College
Professors are helpful and engaging.Tuition is very affordable.
I never had much of a problem with any teachers. The online classes were especially flexible and the in-class classes were typically fairly flexible. I was able to transfer pretty much all of my credits with ease, to the University I'm going to in the fall.
The online classes were fun and simple to navigate, for the most part. The classes taught me things that I will be able to use in my life and career. The instructors answered emails in a timely manner and tried to be as helpful as possible.