1. New Haven, CT
  2. 4 Year

Yale University Reviews

I love the diverse campus and culture around Yale. New Haven is comparable to New York, one of the most diverse cities in the world and where I currently reside in. It is amazing and has some of the best restaurants and culinary foods available.
After being here for two years, I feel that I belong. It can take a while but there are amazing people here that devote themselves to the students they serve. At the same time, Yale is by no means perfect; it can improve in terms of diversity (racially and socioeconomically) and administration can be more responsive. Overall, however, I can't complain.
Yale is everything you dream of and more. Walking through these century-old libraries with the gothic architecture...you really don't get more Ivy League than Yale. As a graduate student, I sometimes feel a little removed from the main campus, but overall the college community is incredibly open and accepting. The opportunities that this school affords you just by name recognition alone makes it worth attending.
Review Your College
I think what makes Yale what it is is the people. Everyone here has something about which they're incredibly passionate, and you feel that in the buzz of energy around campus-- everyone is always busy doing something, meeting someone, or going somewhere. While it can sometimes be hard to find your niche (isn't it always, though?, especially with so many deeply invested Yalies, it's ultimately become a home and a place with so many incredible memories, so much academic and personal growth, and so much I'll miss when I leave. We're already planning our reunions.
Yale is the best school out there. It is ranked number one on the charts of schools, and it's an ivy league school so with a degree from this school, you'll have a great feature ahead of you.
Good sense of community. New Haven isnt great because its small. The liberal arts courses are pretty interesting. However they are adding two new residential colleges (and not hiring more professors) which will make it more difficult to get into popular classes.
Yale. Is. A. Top-notch. School.

Most of the students are very grateful to be there. They are all so hardworking and inspiring people.

Yale has many enviable resources and study abroad programs. I don't see why'd anyone wouldn't want to go.
this is the place which makes you feel like you're on the right track to your success. Professors are very supportive. If you are intimidated of the school's big name, you shouldn't be. Because it's the place full of humans that are just a little bit hyped
Even though I've only been here for two months, I already feel like Yale is my home. I love the people, the residential college system, the professors, and all my classes.
I don't think I've heard of a student not being able to find a position in the area they love
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I can't wait for my freshman year to start; I already am so in love with Yale
The Yale Health office is super helpful and approachable
Dorms are large and most have an extremely close and tight knit community. MORSEEEEE
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is more or less nonexistent on campus, only about one in ten are greek and the culture here makes it so that they don't except oddly fratty guys n gals
The game is an immense part of Yale student life. Basketball, soccer, and even hockey games get good attendance too
Professors are the finest of their fields and love teaching. Yale is one of the premier research universities, but a special emphasis is placed upon the undergraduate college. We have hundreds of amazing extra curriculars and an unparalleled course catalogue. Yale is a very special place, not the least of which is because of its people.
It's Yale - a degree from this school means something. Consulting firms are particularly eager to hire from the school.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
Review Your College
Campus police are always patrolling and I generally feel safe, but we are in a city and I wouldn't walk far at night on my own.
The college system is one of the best things about Yale.
  • 9 months ago
  • Housing
I am not a part of Greek life, but my best friend loves her sorority.