Yale University Reviews

All of the students at Yale are kind and are passionate about something. There is a community for every kind of person. Diversity can be improved. Many students of color have reported racial incidents on campus.
I was able to really find my niche and find my people there. I specialized in what I wanted to study, and was able to explore education in ways I had never previously known were possible.
Yale University has an amazing atmosphere, a dream school for anyone wishing to major in anything. The campus is not too large and it feels comforting.
Start Your Review of Yale University
This is a great private school for students prospecting to go on to law school or business school. Also, if a student is medical-oriented, then there is a wide variety of laboratories for research.
I don't need to tell you that Yale is a world-class university with renowned faculty and seemingly unlimited resources. But you might not realize that it is also an extremely open and welcoming community where you will find every single type of person you can think of, and where it is possible to have literally any kind of social experience you like, whether that means Greek life, D-I varsity athletics, international trips with your music group, working on top-notch publications and productions, clubbing every night, or never leaving the library. Whatever you are looking for exists here. If you would like to not only be in awe of your peers, but feel at home among them, Yale is your place. It really is so much more than a school.
It's an amazing university, full of talented students and brilliant staff. Yale does a fantastic job of giving you a well-rounded, liberal arts education.
I"m not yet enrolled at Yale, but my experience with the college so far has proved positive in every regard. The school sets a high priority on helping every student to excel, with an atmosphere that is challenging and relevant to our society.
Great! A beautiful campus with so many resources to have an amazing college experience. Highly recommend
Yale is, like most things, what you make of it. It has resources that couldn't be dreamed of in most schools (dorm rooms, residential colleges, fellowships, advisors, career offices). But sometimes the richness of the opportunities confuses and overwhelms people to the point of not really taking advantage of them as fully as they can.
Great college. Felt like i made a great choice to attend Yale. Teachers are excellent and are interested in teaching. Students are very friendly and the atmosphere is very conducive to learning. Enjoying the sporting community, the arts atmosphere and the student life. Very easy to get around campus and feel very safe. Weather has been great thus far. I feel challenged in my classes and i have to work hard to stay ahead. Great class opportunities. Flexibility in choosing major and easy to talk to professors about college goals.
The students are extremely kind, the professors are very involved and available, and the campus is beautiful.
Yale offers a great breadth of academic courses, thus allowing students to explore different majors that they may be contemplating. The group approach to studying courses involving math and science can be beneficial or detrimental, depending on how one best learns. The campus is spread throughout an urban city, so one has to use awareness as navigating an "open" campus. Student life is improved by creating bonds with the advisers, deans, and peers that Yale matches one with to avoid isolation. Interest groups also keep one inspired while attaining academic goals. Lastly, dorm life, in general, is good including gym, laundry facilities and junk food splurge nights.
There is definitely a large adjustment to be made in your first year when students are first exposed to many realities quite different than in high school. Going from the top of the class to just trying to beat the average can be intimidating, but the amount of resources here is truly amazing. Many people are looking out for you and want to help, so although the academic adjustment was quite difficult, the competition is manageable because for the most part, people are very helpful and supportive.
Check out the open yale courses online! Amazing resources! I cannot recommend this enough. As a member of the class of 2022, I am obsessed with everything about this college and I can’t wait to step foot on campus!
I applied to Yale on a whim, mainly to please my parents. Both of them were graduates of prestigious universities: my Dad was a Columbia alum, and my Mom was a University of Chicago alumna. I got wait listed, which was WAY more than I would have expected to have gotten, based on the fact that I wasn't an excellent student in high school, and it took me all four years and extensive tutoring to get a passing grade in AP Mathematics, and a passing grade on the NYS Regents exam in Math also. However, I was ultimately rejected (NO SURPRISE) but, I actually spent quite a bit of time at Yale visiting during my time at Hampshire College, and I have to say, I think I would have LOVED being a Bulldog. It's an amazing institution, and since I was a theater student, ostensibly I could have gone to Yale Drama for grad school, and probably should have. This was the ONLY Ivy I applied to, and I truly think it's the most artistically inclined of the Ivies.
Everyone at Yale is very self-motivated, and that can be both very refreshing in the classroom and overwhelming. Regardless, Yale provides plenty of support to transitioning first-years with their residential college system and access to the multicultural centers on campus. It is extremely difficult to fail at Yale because of all of the people: Professors, Frocos, College Heads, etc. that are around to cheer you on along the way.
I lived at Morse College, great food, great dorm, and great people. I think it is one of the best locations on campus, right in front of the Payne Whitney Gym.
Professors are great; my personal favorite is Physics Professor Daniel Prober. Best moment in his APHY 120 course is he took off his shoes while listening to a student presentation LOL.
Start Your Review of Yale University
Yale has been an amazing place so far. It brings together people with interesting stories who are super kind and overall really great.
Not worth the money, quality of education no where near the other top ranking schools. It's just historically significant, but doesn't serve high ranking at all
Yale is a highly diverse university with exceptionally friendly and helpful faculty, staff, and students. The food is beyond exceptional, taking sustainability, food waste, health, and nutrition in mind when it comes to every dish. I'm always learning new things each time I step foot on campus. I can't say enough about this place!