COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Yale Admissions Office is responding to COVID-19 with updated policies. Yale is adopting a one-year test-optional policy for first-year applicants in the 2020-2021 admissions cycle and will not consider SAT Subject Tests. Rest assured that your community’s response to the outbreak—and your personal circumstances associated with it—will not negatively affect your chances of admission. Learn More
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA+
Yale is best defined by the word and. Yale is a research university and a liberal arts college. Its scholars are driven by innovation and more than 300 years of tradition. Yale students excel in the arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences, and engineering at the highest levels. Students of all backgrounds, beliefs, identities, and interests join a global community that values a multifaceted approach to undergraduate education.
All Yale undergraduates enroll in a single liberal arts college with 2,000 courses and 80 majors. Students are randomly assigned to Residential Colleges: close-knit communities housed in stunning buildings centered on courtyards. Each is a microcosm of Yale’s diverse student body, while preserving the intimacy of a small college.
Yale is committed to affordability and meets 100% of financial need - for all students, without loans. Yale’s policies mean that no student will ever need to decline a place in the class for financial reasons.
Yale University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.69 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Yale's Neuroscience Major
Neuroscience aims to understand how the brain produces the mind and behavior, with the goal of advancing human understanding, improving physical and mental health, and optimizing performance. This entails a broad, interdisciplinary effort that spans molecules to minds. Yale’s undergraduate Neuroscience major provides a rigorous but flexible course of study, spanning this broad field
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.79 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.106 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.36 responses