Yale is an elite private university located in New Haven, Connecticut. It is a mid-size institution with an enrollment of 5,743 undergraduate students. Admissions is extremely competitive as the Yale acceptance rate is only 7%. Popular majors include Economics, Political Science and Government, and History. Graduating 97% of students, Yale alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $60,700.
NCAA Division I-FCS
Yale University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.64 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.64 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.74 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.101 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.36 responses
Yale University Reviews
I knew a lot of people who talked about Yale's community before coming here, but I honestly didn't really take it too seriously. However, after just a semester here, I see exactly what people mean and truly think it differentiates it from other top schools. Students aren't backstab-by or overly competitive; high school was honestly more competitive from my experience. Other students are always willing to share notes, form study groups, and generally be helpful. It creates a very positive environment which honestly is so healthy and makes college so much more fun.
It is good, but can be better! Academic environment is excellent. The city is very exotic. Amazing library! Shuttles are perfect. You can whereever you want in the city whenever you want! This makes you feel safe.
When I went there for my YYGS program, it was nothing but amazing. The staff was friendly there (especially the lunchladies) as well as the professors there. The campus is also beautiful!