Yakima Valley Community College Reviews

I like the school very much, the teachers schedule's are very open so it is easy to find time to talk to them or get help from them. The campus is also very pretty, and small so everything is easy to find!
I attended Yakima Valley College for two years. The instructors were helpful and courteous. I recommend this college to anyone wanting to transfer or updating their professional skills.
I think yvcc is a great school to start at its very small, your close to your teachers and you get one on one attention you need it. I just wish they had more programs but its not bad if you just want to get the basics down first.
Start Your Review of Yakima Valley Community College
My experience at YVCC has been pretty great overall. I have been a running start student for over a year and the academics are way more suitable for me than high school.

Running Start: Definitely, do it if you're either advanced because this will give you a chance to actually earn college credits for free while you're still in high school.

College: If you're in the area, I would highly recommend getting a degree here even if you are planning on going to a 4-year because you can save money and time by getting a transfer-DTA degree.
My experience so far at Yakima Valley Community College has been excellent. I would highly recommend this college to students looking for a smaller, very qualified school. All of the professors have been helpful with all questions I may have had. The housing is an excellent resource for those away from home.
My experience at YVC has thus far been a great college journey. Their programs are competitive and the instructors strive to push you academically to achieve your most potential in order to receive your degree towards your new career. Only a few things I am not to proud of towards this college is their schedule online is not always correct, it is hard to reach someone by phone, and also the financial aid department is very small which can be both time consuming and confusing.
My life started changing in a positive direction once I started attending college at YVC Grandview campus. The people are great and the motivation for a better life is there.
I liked how it helped me get a head start on my education through its running start programming, which allowed me to attend its college while in high school at no cost at all.. A tip I would give someone is to pay attention in class and study. Put aside leisure time and make time for studying.
I like that Yakima Valley Community College has a running start program. All the instructors there are good as well. I think making sure students know when there are events going on around the college would be a good improvement for the college to make.
Overall I really enjoy Yakima valley college. The campus and class sizes are small, this makes it easier to get time with professors between classes.
I really like how all of my instructors know my name and we get to have that connection. The Grandview campus isn't big, just two buildings and a library so it's nice that I don't get lost. What I would like to see change is to have more classes down here because during the winter months I'm sure it'd be difficult to try to drive up to the Yakima campus.
i like that its a small college community, so the classes wont be as big as a university. What i would like to see change is the diversity, more of different races and cultures.
My experience was great, with a lot of great professors who give you a lot of one on one time if needed. Also the recourses are amazing! The writing center and math center helped a lot! There are tutors in both and in the library as well which have your books you need for cheap! Campus is small which helps with getting where you need to go!
I like my teachers, they are willing to help you if you feel like your getting behind. The counselors are willing to help you with anything you need. The students are great and it’s easy to talk to people
Yakima Valley Community College is pretty affordable compared to most universities around me, it is closer to home and it is a fairly small school. Great if you do not like really crowded areas. I like it because the classes are easy, the professors are outgoing and and the people who attend the school are friendly and nice. I enjoy attending this college, I mentioned earlier, it is closer to home and it is not so crowded. The only thing I did not like was the financial aid people making me go back and forth, lets consider it takes at least half an hour to get there from my house because they kept making everything complicated. Overall it is a good school.
The professors at Yakima Valley Community College are very helpful, they want their students to succeed and they make sure that their students know that they are always available for them. students are friendly and are very approachable. the dorms at Yakima Valley Community College are somewhat pricey for their size but their is always a calm atmosphere and everyone is very respectable to the rules.
The things yvcc offers for students is really nice. Like the free one on one tutoring, or the different clubs you can join for class help.
Start Your Review of Yakima Valley Community College
Professors are tough but they challenge students to work hard. Nice campus, friendly atmosphere. I recommend this college to anyone looking for just a two year degree or if you plan on transferring to a 4 year college.
I enjoy the campus and the range of courses and degrees offered. I like that they are able to help all members of the community. I see students ranging from young running start students to students well into their sixties just enjoying an art or foreign language course. The staff, for the most part is always willing to help you out if you have any questions.

The one thing that I have struggled with every quarter I have gone is my financial aid. When I tired to figure out all my issues with the office I had to take time off of work because the financial aid office is only open 3 hours a day, 4 days a week and it just seemed like I would never get any questions answered. I would be very nice to see the office open longer hours, with more staff so that myself and the long line of other students I see out the door on a daily basis can get the help they need.
Cheap well built college that has a variety of options to help you get to a 4 year college or even get a 4 year degree at YVCC.