Yakima Valley Community College Reviews

Overall I really enjoy Yakima valley college. The campus and class sizes are small, this makes it easier to get time with professors between classes.
I really like how all of my instructors know my name and we get to have that connection. The Grandview campus isn't big, just two buildings and a library so it's nice that I don't get lost. What I would like to see change is to have more classes down here because during the winter months I'm sure it'd be difficult to try to drive up to the Yakima campus.
i like that its a small college community, so the classes wont be as big as a university. What i would like to see change is the diversity, more of different races and cultures.
Start Your Review of Yakima Valley Community College
My experience was great, with a lot of great professors who give you a lot of one on one time if needed. Also the recourses are amazing! The writing center and math center helped a lot! There are tutors in both and in the library as well which have your books you need for cheap! Campus is small which helps with getting where you need to go!
I like my teachers, they are willing to help you if you feel like your getting behind. The counselors are willing to help you with anything you need. The students are great and it’s easy to talk to people
Yakima Valley Community College is pretty affordable compared to most universities around me, it is closer to home and it is a fairly small school. Great if you do not like really crowded areas. I like it because the classes are easy, the professors are outgoing and and the people who attend the school are friendly and nice. I enjoy attending this college, I mentioned earlier, it is closer to home and it is not so crowded. The only thing I did not like was the financial aid people making me go back and forth, lets consider it takes at least half an hour to get there from my house because they kept making everything complicated. Overall it is a good school.
The professors at Yakima Valley Community College are very helpful, they want their students to succeed and they make sure that their students know that they are always available for them. students are friendly and are very approachable. the dorms at Yakima Valley Community College are somewhat pricey for their size but their is always a calm atmosphere and everyone is very respectable to the rules.
The things yvcc offers for students is really nice. Like the free one on one tutoring, or the different clubs you can join for class help.
Professors are tough but they challenge students to work hard. Nice campus, friendly atmosphere. I recommend this college to anyone looking for just a two year degree or if you plan on transferring to a 4 year college.
I enjoy the campus and the range of courses and degrees offered. I like that they are able to help all members of the community. I see students ranging from young running start students to students well into their sixties just enjoying an art or foreign language course. The staff, for the most part is always willing to help you out if you have any questions.

The one thing that I have struggled with every quarter I have gone is my financial aid. When I tired to figure out all my issues with the office I had to take time off of work because the financial aid office is only open 3 hours a day, 4 days a week and it just seemed like I would never get any questions answered. I would be very nice to see the office open longer hours, with more staff so that myself and the long line of other students I see out the door on a daily basis can get the help they need.
Cheap well built college that has a variety of options to help you get to a 4 year college or even get a 4 year degree at YVCC.
For a community college, you think that you won't get the same education as going away to a university or even seeing it as a joke. But at YVC, I have gotten some of the best education I have over my whole educational career. Being in a small community college forces you to focus on school and not partying or joining a frat/sorority. YVC doesn't have the most kind office workers, but the teaching staff is exciting and active with their teaching methods.
I attend the Grandview campus, it is a nice and quiet place. The student center is a good place to go eat and relax between classes. The staff is very friendly. Also, many places to go and study and get tutored.
Yakima Valley Community College, located in Yakima WA, is a small college but has various opportunities for college students. There is a variety of classes to choose from and counselors are always there to assist you when you’re unsure of what classes to take. The instructors actually care about their students not just about their grades in the class. They make an effort to get to know their students and are willing to make time to help them. It’s definitely a cost effective and affordable college which also provides dorms located close by. Typically, community colleges don’t provide students with dorms but YVCC does. It’s a great college to choose if you’re looking to start in an affordable community college to then transfer to a 4-year university, or just remain there. Regardless, I recommend YVCC to all.
There are evening classes which I can go to but no weekend classes. Also there is no a lot of time in the evenings for certain classes.
The core system is in place and it works but I feel as it needs refinement.
I have heard it is very easy to transfer credits from this school and look forward to getting it done.
Start Your Review of Yakima Valley Community College
There are many services to help there is a writing lab, math lab, a student help program. Bookstore has very reasonable prices.
It's a good value for my money and will get me the basic classes I need to open for the full undergraduate degree I need to get into at my 4 year school.
The classes are small and focused I feel like I can learn and pass my classes.