Xavier University Reviews

1,004 reviews
I am really enjoying the courses I am taking to pursue Masters in Clinical Counseling. The professors are great as well.
I liked that there was an honors dormitory filled with student athletes and honors program students.
I like the feel of the community and the overall campus vibe. I enjoyed auditing two classes when I spent the weekend there with a current student. I am currently applying to begin at Xavier fall of 2019 as a freshman.
Start Your Review of Xavier University
If you are not a straight, white male from an affluent family, I would not go here. I frankly would be scared to send a daughter here (due to the nastiness of the guys that go to this school). Likewise, racism is prevalent throughout the student body, although the school tries to cover it up. The basketball team is cool and brings name recognition, but the school uses it as their only marketing tool, because frankly there isn't anything else that is that great about Xavier. I transferred out after my freshman year and wish I would have left sooner.
Xavier is an excellent college. It provides a challenging education while growing you as a whole person. The campus has grown in the past few years with many new buildings and state of the art areas to study and learn.
Xavier is a great university... and a great investment in my future. The move-in and orientation experience was meaningful, memorable and helped ease the transition. Upperclassmen made us feel welcomed and accepted. This university cares about the individual and wants each of us to make a difference in our world, now and in the future. Books are included in the tuition! There is a pizza ATM. Need I say more?
I love Xavier so far, it is the perfect fit for me and my major! I feel very at home when I am Xavier. GO X!
I am transferring to Xavier University. I fell in love with the campus and what the university offers for its students. The admissions staff and everyone I got involved with in my own transfer process were more than helpful and really demonstrated that me becoming a student was as important to them as it was for me.
To me, Xavier University was a an okay experience. I actually ended up transferring to a different school at the end of my first year. Don't get me wrong, the education and opportunities available from this school are incredible!! However, I was super bored on campus and struggled to find the group of people I fit in with. I felt that the school was very much like high school in the fact that you saw the same people everyday. They don't have greek life, which makes it hard to have those built in friends.
Xavier has gave me the opportunity to discover my passions and implement them into my professional purpose.
I would like the school to become more diverse and to really crack down on hate crimes/racist things done there instead of pushing it under the rug and ignoring it. Sports is more important than academics so take that into consideration. Food is decent, teachers are okay (some great, some horrible), it's really up to you to make this a good experience.
I just finished my first year at Xavier. I definitely loved the first semester from then the second semester because more people are open to meeting new people during the first semester. The second was a little rough since people had fallen into cliques since a lot of people are mentally still stuck in high school, but that's everywhere. I would highly recommend joining a club sport as it is an instant group of friends. Don't let this discourage you though! There will be cliquey people everywhere. Also if you are looking to party, I wouldn't choose Xavier. You can find parties, but most are overcrowded and get shut down.
Xavier is such a wonderful place to be! Every time I enter the campus, I feel like I’m home. Cincinnati is the perfect place to find internships, jobs, etc., + it’s home to the wonderful Skyline Chili.
Xavier University is a school that's located in my home town of Cincinnati, Ohio. Xavier is known for it's academics, campus life and athletics. As far as I know there's never been any real safety issues. The campus is set inside beautiful surroundings. The school is also very spirited, so enjoying sport activities is a fun and exciting experience. It's also veteran friendly which is a plus, since I'm a disabled veteran.
I obtained both my bachelor and masters degree here and have noticed the change in environment and professors. I also worked on campus throughout my junior year
I have just applied to Xavier. The admission process was exceptional and had great interaction with the department head.
Xavier is a great place to break your mold and figure who you want to with the school itself making you crazy. The faculty here are some of the most caring that you will meet and that goes with the general vibe, caring. Ive meet some great friends here that I know I could never forget. The only issue with the school is how mundane it can be. but that could just be my experience.
Start Your Review of Xavier University
such a good experience, so much fun. Made many new friends and had an amazing time. I definitely feel I made the right decision.
Xavier University is a diverse, accepting, and rigorous college. The professors here are always willing to help you through hard classes, they know their students on a first name basis which makes it easier to talk to them. The dorms are always cleaned, even living in a community style bathroom I have never experienced a problem. The social scene here is good, on weekends students usually go downtown Cincinnati which is only ten minutes away, and also basketball games are a huge thing here. All the sports teams are good and it is a big deal here. The students and faculty are also very accepting and we have a lot of diverse clubs that anyone can join. Some things I would change about Xavier is to have Fraternity and Sorority houses, and also it is pretty expensive to come here, but other than that I love this school and I would recommend coming here.
Xavier University is a wonderful university, but it is not the school for me. Class sizes range from 5-30, which allows teachers to really get to know you and take a personal interest in you. The campus is small which allows you to easily get to classes, and the food isn't half bad. The thing is, Xavier is too small, you always see the same people and at times campus can feel even smaller than it is, causing you to ultimately feel trapped.