Xavier University of Louisiana Reviews

1,068 reviews
XULA is a great school to attend. I feel it’s a place you can really call home. Friendly faculty and staff for the most part.
Xavier University of Louisiana is a college that welcomes everyone with open arms. The faulty and administration really care about all of their students. The school provides many resources that help you to succeed ; for example the biology and chemistry tutoring sessions and centers, the health and wellness center that provides counselors for personal and academic help and etc.... Xavier University of Louisiana is a great school and should be at the top of everyone's list for a college.
I enjoy being in such a tightly knit community as well as the cultural emersion that being at an HBCU provides. As a premedical student, the environment at Xavier pushes you to be the best you can be to become a strong applicant for medical school or any other health professional school for that matter. However, the experience there is not for everyone as it is academically intensive and doesn't have much of a party atmosphere. But the lack is remedied by the fact that the school lies in the Crescent City.
Start Your Review of Xavier University of Louisiana
I LOVE TH CAMPUS! It's not too big nor too small. For the most part, the professors are very willing to help you WHEN you apply yourself. They keep it real and I love that. The dorms could be better but overall I love my HBCU!
I love the Administration and all the students. This school is the perfect school for an African American women like myself.
The school is smaller than most universities so the professor student ratio is quite favorable. The material is very challenging but is giving to you in a way that helps you. The students really work hard to do well in their studies and everyone helps each other so that everyone can achieve their goals and graduate. There is a great science program that produces many doctors, pharmacists, engineers etc. but every other field of study is just as good and the school also has a strong since of community.
I love that Xavier University is a HBCU. Xavier university is known for helping a lot of black people succeed in life. Xavier university provides a catholic church for their students i love that.
I like that Xavier is a small school. I can talk to professors much easier. However, Xavier has a lot of rules that don't necessarily make me feel like I am a college student. For example, there's a schoolwide curfew, even on weekends. We have specific hours that we can have visitors. It literally feels like I'm still at my parents' house sometimes. The classes are also incredibly difficult; I feel that I struggle more than if I were taking the same classes at a different school.
The school has great academics and provide many resources to help students. There are many clubs and on campus activities. I learn about new clubs all the time. The students are very welcoming. Of course, all professors are different, but upper classmen are willing to share the professors' strengths and weaknesses. The classes are ALOT of work, but it;s worth it at the end.
I enjoyed my time at Xavier University of LA. It's a good academic school and although it's not a typical university with frat and sorority houses and massive dorm parties, -being by Downtown New Orleans solves this problem- it provides its students with the academic knowledge to succeed in any profession that one desires.
Xavier University to me means a gateway to more opportunities. I have a lot of older mentors who attended Xavier University and are now working on the highest level of doctors, and I’d hope Xavier can bless me with same opportunity. I have researched that the university has remained first in comparison to Ivy League schools like Harvard and Yale University when it comes to bringing through the largest number of Black medical students, as well as Black students with Bachelor Degrees in Biology and Physics. That percentage rate is very exciting and drives me to want to accomplish my goal at Xavier. Xavier gives off a welcoming atmosphere of community and collaboration amongst the student body, the professors, and the faculty, making them seem like the type to help nurture and guide me throughout my time at Xavier.
My freshman year at Xavier University of Louisiana was amazing. The professors and advisers are always available to help you when you are having trouble. There are so many resources that are open for the students to use to help them. The campus is beautiful, and has an amazing environment.
My experience was great.!!! I met wonderful, empowering and inspirational staff members. Who looks foward to pushing me in my next steps of being a proud Xavierite..!!!!!!
I'm a first year student at Xavier and so far I can say that I'm proud to call myself a Xavierite. This school is amazing. The education here is amazing because the professors care about their students. There is nothing bad about Xavier except their street. Streets around Xavier are horrible. It's so bumpy and it's killing my car tires. I hope Xavier will fix it soon. Overall, I recommend students to go to Xavier.
I feel like I am learning more here than I would at other universities. All of the teachers I have had so far seem really dedicated to their jobs and enjoy the subjects they teach.
I'm a sophomore at Xavier and I love the school. It's a private school. You don't have to have a car to get around the city but I do have one. They have campus buses to take you every where.
The campus is small and easy to navigate outside. Inside the classes are numbered strange and you're likely to go the wrong direction the first time. There are quality resources for whatever you seek help in costs are included in tuition so utilize to the greatest of your ability.
Start Your Review of Xavier University of Louisiana
I love my major and my professors however the dorms and the dining choices really should be updated.
My overall experience at Xavier is truly one of a kind! Coming from California and moving to New Orleans was a transition. My Xavier family made me feel extremely welcomed.
my time at Xavier have been great. the professor care about you.the students are like family. I am not a party person but there are place that you can enjoy yourself and still be safe.