Wright State University Reviews

1,587 reviews
My experience at Wright State has been mostly positive. However, as an Active Duty Military member it is disappointing to me that they do not match the military tuition assistance rate. This forces military students to pay out of pocket to attend classes. Additionally, there is very little availability for online and evening classes which is very limiting for service members. However, I am pleased with the education that I am receiving.
I like the environment but I think the administration needs to look into the budget more. They are making cuts and it’s effecting the students more then they think.
I like how dedicated the staff are to making sure their students exceed. The staff show they care and show they are not there just for the money but to see students get through college with minimum issues. Also, the school offer many scholarships students just have to get out there and get the scholarships.
Start Your Review of Wright State University
i feel that parking definitely needs to be improved. we are a commuter school so a lot of people will be traveling to here and each year it grows. i think that we should try and build a parking garage.
Wright State is an excellent school. It is a large school but, offers that close-knit community. They faculty is great and genuinely want the best for their students.
Wright State offered me an opportunity to create a solid knowledge base in my field and enjoy my time doing it!
I love it here, it’s so Excepting to all and has many activities all professors are there to help you and even the academic advisors help plan you adventure through wright state!
The things I like about Wright State University is the fact that all the classroom sizes aren't too big but a big thing I would like to see change is our financial crisis.
The faculty actually care about you due to the small class sizes. They want to help in every way they can, they're just great!
Avoid WSU at ALL costs! A deeply corrupt and unstable institution so far in debt it's unfathomable. If you come here, prepare to lose lots of time and credits due to having to transfer. They committed HUGE H1-B visa fraud AND settled with the feds for $2 million for cheating people out of their student aid in still untold amounts. They still had to cut over $30 million last year. Even AFTER they pulled strings on the gov. (+20$million) Another round of cuts made it so they couldn't even afford to print paper in their own offices at one point. The labs are disgusting and outdated; they cut most of their cleaning crews. They cut a HUGE amount of faculty as well. Good luck having more than one option (if any) even for required courses in many cases. DO NOT take any of your math courses here especially calculus and up.
Just the morning of writing this; they now need to somehow cut ANOTHER $10mill+. The humanities here are delusional only come if you already have a victimhood mentality.
They are in a financial crises and have to make serious budget cuts. The only thing they seem to invest their time and money into is the basketball team.
I really liked the campus. It was so pretty and unique. Also, everyone is really nice and helpful there. They offer all the activities and majors that I am interested in. The dorms are SUPER nice, especially the Woods housing quarters. Just an overall great experience.
I choose Wright State because it is close to my parents, who I live with, it's close to base where I hope to work soon, and it was less expensive compared to other universities in the area. I like how some of the professors are very helpful. I do wish they are were as helpful as some. Changing up the tunnels a little would also be nice, they are kinda plain and creepy, also having more signs to know where you are going when you are new would be very helpful. Having the professors more accessible would be good, some are only there for class times or before/after, many students have classes back to back and can't get to the office hours well and the professors are not on campus enough to help students.
Wright state has a nice campus, the professors are nice, the dorms are spacious and clean. If you need help with something you can just ask and people are willing to help. The basketball team is pretty good. The local area has a lot of restaurants and things to do, places to work (mostly retail).
Everyone here has Raider pride and cares about your education. Teachers are always available to talk to and really helpful. They have had to cut back on some programs with budget cuts, but overall it's a great school and I highly recommend it.
What makes Wright State unique is the rather small classroom/campus size. It allows you to get a more hands-on approach to learning. Another plus are the professors. So far, I can tell that every professor I have had genuinely enjoys their job, and are happy to help you learn the material in any way possible. One thing that could be improved with Wright State is the budgeting, specifically into athletics. Wright State has many students who have great potential to be successful athletes, but with Wright State's financial issues, it makes it hard for some of these students to get a chance to show what they can do when some sports teams are being cut.
I really liked that Wright State had excellent professors and classes, but it is a very large school. Most students commute so there is not much chance for the college experience.
Start Your Review of Wright State University
For a student that has never gone to college before and is completely new to the Dayton area and knows absolutely no one at the school, Wright state is very welcoming. I have found a close knit group of friends that are so close to me they are considered family to me. For my short time of being at Wright state even though I will be continuing my college career there I have found that because it is a much smaller school compared to like OSU there are many more opportunities and amenities to the students. such as there is the tutoring center which to me is worth every penny of tution. it is free to all students and the math lab helps with anything you need. Because of the tutoring center I have been able to excel at German even though it is by far the hardest class I have ever taken.
The professors are great, and I enjoyed my classes. It's a safe campus with nice scenery and much diversity. The campus life is nice with many different things to do, and it's a safe area. The professors I had were very helpful, and always got back to me quickly if I ever had any questions. The food is good, and the dorms are nice. The only thing that I wish was different was how wright state assists transfer students. Since I'm in the process of transferring to a different college, they seem to not really care and don't get back to me quickly. They make transferring a very difficult process.
What I love most about Wright is the bonding the university has with rhe surrounding community and how the academics are a numver one priority!