1. Worcester, MA
  2. 4 Year

Worcester State University Reviews

Worcester State is a hidden gem in central Mass. They've updated the facilities in so many ways! New dorms, new classroom buildings, and a brand new student fitness center make this school a great place to go to school.
I absolutely love Worcester State. I transferred to the school in fall of 2014, and it was the best decision I could've made. The faculty and staff at WSU are incredibly friendly and helpful, and the school seems to be run much better than my previous experience. The campus is very secure - it feels like its own community separate from the surrounding city. I feel safe walking through campus by myself. My experience living on campus has also been great. The dorms are more than suitable for college living.
They provide quality education for a fair rate. Faculty is involved and invested in education of their students. Athletics are poor but clubs are plentiful and diverse.
My personal experience at Worcester State have been a positive one. The campus is small in size making it simple to walk to and from residence halls to class. A majority of he professors are easy to talk to and understanding, though the difficulty level of each course varies. It is a heavy commuter school so there is only a handful of residents. This causes activities to be little to none on the weekend, including finding a place to eat. Overall the food is average. The buildings are able to accommodate for the number of students though some are much newer than others such as Sheehan Hall and the Wellness Center. It is always challenging to find enough parking which is frustrating.
You will get a good education for the price, and that is it. The campus life here is dead whether you are a commuter or resident. Many commuters have the "Go to class, go home" attitude and residents mostly lock themselves in their rooms rather than get involved. The college does its best to get students involved, but the student's priorities lie elsewhere.
WSU is among the best selections of all state-wide colleges in Worcester county and commonwealth. In participating so, WSU provides separate buildings for different subjects across majors, such as the Ghosh and Science Tech Building for labs, the Sullivan Building for lectures, and the LRC for Criminal Justice. What I would like to see is have the WRTA bus run routes to the college on weekends and have the Worcester Consortium back running, if both are possible due to limited gasoline cost and resource. Other than transportation amends, teaching and learning coincide with one another greatly on this campus!
Do not go here. There's nothing to do there. They try to bill you extra money saying you owe them more, and they don't put all the billing in one bill and then you try to correct them and they don't answer their phones and are out of the office. Would rather spend $50,000 at a school in Boston
If you get caught you're in deep trouble, but so many things go unseen
For my program, nursing, I'm confident in my ability to get a job with my degree from this school
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
Relatively small classes sizes aside from GenEd but even they are not huge
I personally have never felt unsafe but I also take many precautions
All dorms except Dowden (tradition al freshman hall) are fairly new and well kept, plus air conditioned!!!
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
Our new wellness center offers workout space for anyone (athlete or not), and awesome fitness classes too!
I've only been here a month at it already feels like home, wouldn't can it for the world!
Love the small class sizes. Professors really tend to be able to learn names of they want to.
I have yet to try myself, but I have heard from people within my major that they have had very good luck with WSU's name on their degree.
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I feel very safe on campus and I have never had issues with any of this
Dowden (freshmen hall) is absolutely awful and 80°+ year round. Wasylean is awesome though, full apartments with kitchens and living rooms!
We don't have Greek life at Worcester state university
We have a brand new wellness center after 2 years of construction!