Worcester State University Reviews

Many of the professors are great but there is not enough parking for all of the commuters that go here.
Really like the campus and teachers. The food sucks and there is a big gap in diversity but the clubs are cool.
Honestly, I am a proud student of Worcester State. I always recommend students to apply to Worcester State because of its strength in academics and relationships with professors. In addition it is an affordable school in a local town that is getting more and more renovated. Its a great school to definitely put on your "apply to" list.
Review Worcester State University
What I like most about Worcester state university was the staff are very eager to help. They are there in person or via email, they want to see you succeed and do their best to help and to be hand on. The college is a very diverse campus I would say that there are equal opportunity for all who really want it. . I would recommend this college to any one weather young , or older going back to college. Most of all it is public transportation assessable.
After moving to Worcester, I was nervous to about start my college life in a new state. I first began with a 2.9 GPA but ended the semester with a 3.6 GPA. And it's all thanks to the amazing professors at the University. They know what they are teaching and are very helpful to students who need a bit more of help.
I was a transfer student to Worcester state half way through my sophomore year. This was the third school I have attended and I didn't have a good academic record going into my first semester. The classes and professors changed my attitude completely. I have finished each semester now with impressive grades and I worked really hard to get where I am at. I am so happy with my decision to give Worcester state a chance because the experience I have had there is life changing.
Worcester State is a small school with a small campus. It is mainly a commuter school. Classes are small and there are professors much better than others. I recommend using Rate my Professor to help choose classes. The food in the pod is average depending on the day while the food in the Student center is much better but costs more money.
Teachers care about student success, small campus means you'll always run into a familiar face, #1 nursing school in the state of Massachusetts, incredibly affordable for a great education
Worcester State University offers a diverse community in a residential area of Worcester Massachusetts. They have recently upgraded and built many new facilities. The latest being the Health and Wellness Center. It is a state of the art facility used by all students not just student athletes. Two new residence halls have been constructed within the last 7 years. Dowden Hall, the freshmen dormitory has been renovated in the last three years. Athletics are incorporated well into the student body. It's nice to go to a game and cheer on our Lancers with your friends. WSU offers many different majors and minors. Faculty to student ratio is low enough so that you're not just a number sitting in big lecture halls. Most faculty have worked professionally in their chosen field and are eager to share their professional experiences with students. Faculty are very approachable, for whatever reason. It's not uncommon to see faculty members eating lunch with students.
This school is a hidden gem among expensive colleges nowadays, with a low cost, great education, wonderful resources, and excellent staff what more could you ask for?!
Worcester State is a hidden gem in central Mass. They've updated the facilities in so many ways! New dorms, new classroom buildings, and a brand new student fitness center make this school a great place to go to school.
I absolutely love Worcester State. I transferred to the school in fall of 2014, and it was the best decision I could've made. The faculty and staff at WSU are incredibly friendly and helpful, and the school seems to be run much better than my previous experience. The campus is very secure - it feels like its own community separate from the surrounding city. I feel safe walking through campus by myself. My experience living on campus has also been great. The dorms are more than suitable for college living.
They provide quality education for a fair rate. Faculty is involved and invested in education of their students. Athletics are poor but clubs are plentiful and diverse.
My personal experience at Worcester State have been a positive one. The campus is small in size making it simple to walk to and from residence halls to class. A majority of he professors are easy to talk to and understanding, though the difficulty level of each course varies. It is a heavy commuter school so there is only a handful of residents. This causes activities to be little to none on the weekend, including finding a place to eat. Overall the food is average. The buildings are able to accommodate for the number of students though some are much newer than others such as Sheehan Hall and the Wellness Center. It is always challenging to find enough parking which is frustrating.
You will get a good education for the price, and that is it. The campus life here is dead whether you are a commuter or resident. Many commuters have the "Go to class, go home" attitude and residents mostly lock themselves in their rooms rather than get involved. The college does its best to get students involved, but the student's priorities lie elsewhere.
WSU is among the best selections of all state-wide colleges in Worcester county and commonwealth. In participating so, WSU provides separate buildings for different subjects across majors, such as the Ghosh and Science Tech Building for labs, the Sullivan Building for lectures, and the LRC for Criminal Justice. What I would like to see is have the WRTA bus run routes to the college on weekends and have the Worcester Consortium back running, if both are possible due to limited gasoline cost and resource. Other than transportation amends, teaching and learning coincide with one another greatly on this campus!
Do not go here. There's nothing to do there. They try to bill you extra money saying you owe them more, and they don't put all the billing in one bill and then you try to correct them and they don't answer their phones and are out of the office. Would rather spend $50,000 at a school in Boston
Review Worcester State University
If you get caught you're in deep trouble, but so many things go unseen
Relatively small classes sizes aside from GenEd but even they are not huge
For my program, nursing, I'm confident in my ability to get a job with my degree from this school