Worcester Polytechnic Institute Reviews

Gorgeous campus and very friendly environment. Everyone is very nice and willing to help others. Definitely a collaborative school and will prepare you for a career after college.
You have to know what you are getting in to. The quarter system means you are taking 6 classes + labs in a Semester instead of 4 (in other places) . It is very intense. It is great for students who want to double majors or have minors. But it means you need to have a strong background from a College prep private school or from a school like Bronx Science. The first years you will have to take core classes (chem, phys calc) and you better have taken all those AP classes in High School because Professors are not available for office hours. They are involved in Research and lecture 100s of students in a huge lecture hall. Because the quarter is a short time, there is few tests. Those core classes have only 2 exams. Tutors are quickly taken and its hard to find one. In short it is no for students who come from public high schools.
I absolutely love WPI. The people there are great and the teachers are incredibly kind and helpful. The classes aren't too tough, but provide enough of a challenge. They have a wide variety of majors and classes to choose from. If you fail a class it doesn't go on your record, so this helps to encourage students to try things they may not necessarily be good at. There are also a wide variety of clubs to join and they are a great way to meet new people. My one complaint is with the food. It is usually pretty mediocre and they often serve the same things over and over again. There's plenty to do in the surrounding area, but you have to be careful how far from campus you travel because there are some more dangerous parts of Worcester. The dorms are alright, nothing too exciting or different from usual. Most of them don't have air conditioning and are often kinda cramped.
Start Your Review of Worcester Polytechnic Institute
I began my experience at WPI when I was a little girl going to my dad’s work, seeing his lab and wanting to be a scientist there just like him. I now attend school there and work in the psychology lab and study psychological science. WPI is on the smaller side and allows me to navigate, build relationships with my professors and easily recognize people all around campus. The reputation and opportunities the school has to offer are incredible. They really set you up for a career after graduation. One thing I want to see change is the diversity in majors and growing the humanities department. Science and math mixed with cultural studies, english, religion, language and psychology would make an even more well rounded individual and school. Overall I love my experience.
WPI has given me every opportunity to accomplish what I set my mind to. The people at WPI truly care about your success. You must take the steps to get yourself on the right path by joining professional societies on campus and taking on leadership opportunities. Explore the options in front of you and talk to other people about what they've done and what they wish they'd done. Learn from them and make the most out of your experience!
I'm a sophomore who's transferring out of WPI.

I don't regret the time that I spent there, but there are things I wish I'd known before. For one, while some students are great, many are very elitist about being STEM majors. I wasn't majoring in engineering, and often was treated like I wasn't as intelligent because I wasn't pursuing a "hard science degree".

In addition, project-based learning is a double-edged sword. A lot of your grade hinges on work that isn't your own. For instance, I was on a team that was rude and didn't do any work for a project that was extremely important for my grade. I was begging my professors for help dealing with this. They told me they would give me no help in dealing with these impossible people, but that MY grade would be docked if the work wasn't evenly spread out. I ended up getting a B on a huge project I spent over seven hours a day on.

TL;DR Expects too much of you, competitive and elitist students. Right for a very specific kind of person.
I love this college, the people are amazing, i learn so much here. The food is actually pretty good in the dining halls, and the campus is nice and small. I almost always see someone I know on my walk to and from classes every day. The professors really do care about you, and the campus is beautiful.
I loved wpi it was very nice. i went to the school for mechanical engineering and had an amazing experience.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute has a beautiful campus and great energy throughout all aspects of the college.
The school is growing rapidly with a brilliant student body. The general student body is also fairly open ad accepting of others. You will be able to learn just as much from your peers as you will from your professors.
Everyone on campus is welcoming and helpful. WPI became my home away from home. I've met some amazing people from different countries. I've tried different things that I never would of expected. There is so much to do at WPI including events, clubs, and greek life. WPI is a caring and generous community willing to always help out others.
I love the environment at WPI. I always feel welcomed where ever I go. The professors are really helpful and kind to those who ask for help. I love it here!
WPI gives students a multitude of opportunities. Students are allowed and encouraged to explore interests outside of their intended major. There are hundreds of clubs open to all students. There are also amazing opportunities to travel for IQP.
Very good school for those who are technically inclined and/or interested in engineering. I personally enrolled because I want to study computer science. I’ve studied here for one year and my experience has been amazing thus far, and the following years are looking even more promising. Any graduate can tell you that there is an excellent return on investment and that you won’t have any problem finding a job coming out of it. The dining hall is one of the best in the nation and has tons of variety when it comes to food choice. However, it is spotty and sometimes it's good and other times it isn't. The inconsistency is annoying, but most students only deal with it for their first year.
I am an IMGD major, and I love WPI. The professors want you to succeed, and will go out of their way to help you. They all have experience in their fields, and are very knowledgeable, especially in the game design industry. The work is intense, but as you get used to the workflow, you can't help but love it.
Wpi as a whole is not that bad. However, if you're there for Imgd it will be the worst mistake of your life. This program is run by children who will make fun of students with disablities and beat you down if you try question them. They let professors teach topics that they know nothing about and prevent you from learning what you want to.
I love the location and atmosphere of WPI. Most students are helpful to each other with school work and very friendly.
Start Your Review of Worcester Polytechnic Institute
I really like the counseling center here. I wish the tuition wasn't so inflated though, so people could actually afford to go here.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute has great programs and courses, especially for students majoring in interactive game and media development. I would, however, enjoy more visibility for students of color and LGBTQ+ students.
I am halfway through my first year and I love it so far. I enjoy the 7-week terms because I am someone who tends to get bored and the quick turnaround helps me stay focused on my classes. I also like that there are three extra classes built into our schedules. They can be used to take more classes you are interested in or they can be used as "built-in fails" because if you fail 3 classes you can still be on track to graduate in four years.