Winthrop University Reviews

1,380 reviews
Winthrop University is an excellent four-year university for those dedicated to their degree study and not seeking a party scene.
Winthrop is a wonderful place to meet people from all cultures of life. Everyone on campus is friendly and non-judgemental. The professors are very helpful and are committed to help students succeed.
Love going to school here. Everything about it makes me want to keep coming back to learn more. I'll be sad to graduate someday but the memories I made will last me a lifetime.
Start Your Review of Winthrop University
Winthrop is a great university, but because it's a suitcase school I feel as though I am not getting the full college experience. I wish I had known this before attending and be prepared. But there are things on the weekends you just have to actively seek them out.
I am thinking about going here myself for college, and absolutely love it. Campus is beautiful, it is located right in the heart of North and South Carolina too.
At first, I didn’t want to go to Winthrop because of how close it was to home. But after touring the campus and taking to some of the students it didn’t feel like I was 30 minutes away from home. The university is very academic oriented and everyone is super friendly.
The environment of Winthrop is very welcoming. Winthrop is in a small town with not too much in it. The campus is beautifu,l but a bit outdated. Winthrop has great academic programs and opportunities for all majors. Although, the on-campus housing is very displeasing to the eye and needs some upgrades.
I enjoy Winthrop overall. The only real thing that bothers me is the lack of parking for commuter students. It sucks running late for a class and then having to skip or be late because I'm unable to find a parking spot in time.
Winthrop is a very diverse institution. I enjoy being apart of organizations on campus which are at a variety for any type of student. The help that Winthrop offers to student is at a abundance. Parking could definitely be something to work on in the future.
Winthrop University is a great college to attend because it is very family oriented. All the professors actually care about you and they get to know you outside of the classroom as well. Everyone at Winthrop helps each other succeed and work together to do so.
The campus is very diverse and always something going on. Nice little town and has a lot going on too.
I love that they make sure the freshmen feel welcome. Winthrop always has something going on for the students to attend or do. The professors are amazing! They really want their students to succeed and do well. The campus is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I have had a bad experience with anything that I would want to change.
Winthrop is an amazing school! It is unfortunate that they are so expensive and continue to increase their tuition each year because the educational experience is memorable. I had to transfer out of the institution because despite my 3.9, the scholarship amounts were little to nothing from the institution, but I recommend anyone that can afford it to attend!
Winthrop was my first choice and I could not be proud to call myself a Winthrop Eagle. Winthrop epitomizes the benefits of a liberal arts education - hundreds of student-led organizations and activities, encouragement to think and speak freely, a safe and welcoming environment to be yourself. I am two weeks into my first freshman semester and nothing has ever felt so right in my life.
I love everything about winthrop. The campus is beautiful, the teachers are great, generally small classes, student life is enjoyable, we are only 30 minutes away from a major city and the rock hill area is great for studenrs. The only issue is the cost of attendence is very high
This August I will be a junior and I must say I am very excited to continue my journey at Winthrop. There's lot's of clubs, good library hours for those all nighters you might find yourself pulling. The professors are amazing and understanding.
I love everything about Winthrop . When I went for orientation , I completely fell in love with the school even more . Everywhere I looked there were smiling faces and helping hands and I couldn't be any more lucky to have been accepted to this wonderful university . If it were up to me, I'd make the dorm rooms a little bigger but nothing drastic. This is the perfect size for newbies and I enjoy everything about this school from the close proximity of buildings to the food options. Winthrop is everything I need and want.
Start Your Review of Winthrop University
I really enjoy the experience that Winthrop gives to upcoming freshman students. Yes the school is expensive , but I love how they always reach out an arm to help push you to getting everything you need .
More renovations on old buildings. Some of the buildings could use some improvements concerning structure and old paint falling off. In addition, better time for contacting students regarding financial aid is critical and needs to be sooner than what most of their response times are.
I have loved my time with Winthrop. I've wanted to go here since I was in eighth grade and since I got here in Fall of 2015, it's been an absolute dream. Of course college comes with ups and downs but with the beautiful campus and friendly faces of Winthrop, it all becomes worth it.