Winthrop University is ...
NCAA Division I (without football)
Big South Conference
Winthrop University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.72 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management189 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science42 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services36 Graduates
Public Relations32 Graduates
Political Science and Government30 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.98 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.110 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.56 responses
Winthrop University Reviews
My uncle introduced and encouraged me to apply to Winthrop University. I refused to research the school because I did not believe Winthrop was the place for me; however, I toured the campus about three years later. One reason why is because of the campus's size. In my opinion, Winthrop is a smaller Clemson. Furthermore, the student ratio is 15:1. Another reason is the convivial atmosphere. Winthrop's faculties are organized, easy to find, and productive. For example, the student center has over four different restaurants and the workers are nice. The staff occupying these places such as the recreation center, bookstore, and admissions office are welcoming, helpful, and friendly. Last but not least, Winthrop has the graphic design program which is my intended major. Thus, I have been accepted into Winthrop University and I am looking forward to finish in two years. I love Winthrop. This is the place for me!
Overall, Winthrop University is a good college to put into consideration. The location is good because it is just thirty minutes away from Charlotte. The food on campus is always pretty good, but the café hours should be longer. The diversity is ok. It isn't as diverse and I would like it to be, but every makes you feel welcomed and no one is left out, not matter the race or gender. Greek life isn't too popular at Winthrop. The different organizations to have events, but there is never any random strolling throughout the day. As for parties, house parties are the best type of parties to go to. The environment is safe. There are smokers and drinkers, but no one will peer pressure you to try it. Winthrop is a good college to me and I do encourage others to apply!
I absolutely love Winthrop! It is the perfect environment for a student to learn and to grow. With more than one hundred ways to get involved, Winthrop is the ideal university to go to. Charlotte, NC is also 30 minutes away from the campus, so most students get jobs straight out of internships there. The small class sizes make you feel right at home and your professors truly appreciate you. The only things that I would change are the meal plans, as the food available on campus isn't exactly superb. I also would suggest that Winthrop spend more of its money on improving our dorms, rather than in our basketball coach's salary. Overall, Winthrop is a wonderful school and has so much more to offer than a lot of others. I absolutely love it!