COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
While Winthrop University offices remain closed at this time, we are still here for you! Our Admissions staff is working remotely and can assist you with any questions or help you may need. Contact us at 803/323-2191 or email@example.com. We also encourage you to explore campus through our virtual walking tour experience. Click below to learn more about all the ways to connect with us! Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
Winthrop University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.91 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.91 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.117 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.129 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.56 responses
Winthrop University Reviews
1. They cater to those with disabilities VERY well. I was beyond impressed with how they approached my learning disabilities. Beyond astounding and far better than I could have ever imagined. I do not feel ostracized, but more valued as a student.
2. The staff and faculty are VERY caring, intelligent, upbeat, open-minded, and they often go above and beyond for their students. I love my professors at Winthrop. I have been able to form meaningful relationships with the faculty at Winthrop University, which is really incredible.
3. The campus is beautiful and unique. It is a smaller campus, but not too small. It is the perfect size, compared to the extremely large universities that force students to sprint from one class to the next.
Needless to say, I 100% recommend Winthrop University to anyone and everyone looking for a loving community and high quality education!