Winston-Salem State University Reviews

1,106 reviews
Overall I love the school; I love how every year others, including myself, notice notice the growth that each school year brings. People have noticed my growth before I have. This school has some amazing teachers who really do go out of their way to try to help EVERYONE, despite the fact that the students can outnumber and overwhelm.
Well to be honest what I like about WSSU is that it is an Historically black college it is not that far and it has a beautiful enviroment and the staff are so friendly and they have a good sports team and last they have a wide variety of activities to do
I love the environment and positive energy WSSU gives off. It’s completely amazing and enjoyable! We’re always on top of our academics and campus events. We’re one big family.
Start Your Review of Winston-Salem State University
I like Winston-Salem State University because it is a median size school and most of peers are willing to help. I would like to see more courses to choose from within my major.
My first year experience was the best. I can honestly say I cant wait to see what the next years will bring. Getting involved academically or just to have a good time was never a problem. The food choice is something I would change for the better as well as the campus housing.
I wouldn't change anything about my school. We have some of the best students and factuality that I have ever came met. Some might think we are a small campus, we are all just one little happy ramily.
Winston-Salem State University is a great school to attend. Being that it is an HBCU, it still has a good amount of diversity. Student life is brought together through various activities from Greek life to activities planning board. I would encourage rising college students to at least take a visit to WSSU to get a feel of the Ram life.
As a Alumni, I truly enjoyed my time spent at SU. From the "homey atmosphere" to the Professors who actually cared and had compassion in their crafts to want for us to succeed.
Winston Salem is an very good, and interesting college. It makes you feel very welcomed, and a home like feel.
I Love the school. I would like to see more scholarships/grants offered for seniors whom have ran out of FAFSA. There should be more help for students whom is almoat done with school.
The experience is unmatched. It feels like a huge family. Whether it’s falculty, staff, students or alumni, you will always feel at home. We succeed in every aspect and they make sure that you are ready postgraduate whether it’s the workforce or pursuing a degree in grad school.
I like that Winston-Salem State University makes me feel at home. The staff there are very friendly and most of them will honestly help you in any and every way to ensure that you're getting the best help you need. Campus grounds are always well kept and looking up to par except for the older buildings that need renovation or just old, unused buildings. Although it is an HBCU, our campus is very diverse with different races other than African American students. I do however feel that there could be more lighting around campus at night time. Walking anywhere by yourself at night isn't really safe even in a lit up area, but there still needs to be more safe lighting all around campus and not just in specific areas. The dorms all need some sort of renovation done, most importantly the freshman dorms. The dorm I stayed in was very old, closed-space, and just needs to be rebuild altogether.
Overall it was an average freshman year. There were ups and downs from living space and keeping up with classes. Also worrying about what you’re going to eat everyday because you get the same food in the cafe every week. Keeping up with work when your professors don’t tell you, you have assignments in Black board or canvas. Finding time to study and chill time. Overall once you get the hang of it, it’s not that bad you just have to stay focus
The best thing is the warm blanket atmosphere that I received from other students and some professors. The teachers I had were very helpful and want you to succeed.
Winston-Salem State University is one of the best HBCU's. I love how everyone treats each other like family. We are honestly one big family.
So far in trying to get information on application is not progressing same information requested but not updated
My favorite part about my experience at Winston-Salem State University is the family like energy that the students, faculty, and staff have towards each other. You can tell that the professors and other staff genuinely care about your success and are interested in your future. All of the students try our best to act as one big family and take care of each other to further each others success. The school provides countless opportunities for us to step out of our comfort zone and grow as students and also as young adults. This made my transition from high school to college less stressful and gave me the confidence to pursue success
Start Your Review of Winston-Salem State University
I love how there’s really no judgment and everyone that I’ve met is willing to help and protect one another like family. If I had to change anything it’ll probably be some of the employees attitudes. I understand sometimes there could be bad days, stupid questions, or unnecessary rudeness from students which isn’t acceptable, but I feel as if employees knew what they signed up for when gaining their position. I’m a very nice person so catching the raft of anger an employee had with coworkers or my peers isn’t what I want. I was always taught that if you’re upset be upset with that person not everyone because the next person don’t know what you’re going through, or could be your blessing in disguise.
I liked that when you stepped on campus it was more of a family feel and the treated you like family. Also, the classes are not the large and the campus is not that big. I also love the fact that everyone is so nice and respectful. The dorms are so nice and spacious.
I love my HBCU. Professors work with students with any situation that comes up. It is a family environment and everyone just wants students to be successful.