Winston-Salem State University Reviews

1,063 reviews
My experience at WSSU is actually very nice apart from stressing deadlines but that’s just me procrastinating. The teachers are very helpful and as long as you stay on top of your grind and ask for help when you need it you will be fine. WSSU has multiple locations on campus that are made to help you for example, the writing block is in place to help you type papers, study hall is in place to make sure that you have a nice quite calm place to focus to do your work, and the library with the widest variety of books. My social life has spouted too. The diversity on this campus is amazing everyone is so inclusive and welcoming we literally are a ram family.
What I like about WSSU is the school Pride, everybody here loves to be a Ram! Also, the school provides enough resources to help you with your academics. In addition, they also have a lot of sports teams and orginizations that you can join so you will never be bored at WSSU.
The illustrious Winston Salem State University is everything I could've asked for in a university. There is a real family feel throughout campus. Winston Salem State has something for everyone whether you're interested in sports, academics, music, poetry, student government, or just socializing. They have an excellent School of Health Science which includes an intense clinical laboratory science program that prepared me to succeed as a medical technologist upon graduating. Without Winston Salem State University, I would not be where I am today.
Start Your Review of Winston-Salem State University
My Winston experience is everything. I walked through the doors a young African American male with no clue regarding my future. As I look back over my life Winston has taught me to embrace myself as well as focus on my career goals. I am never more focused and determined to step out those double doors in 2020 a proud African American man.
Winston-Salem State University has mostly caught my attention by making me feel welcomed. Everything here on campus is going great, just as how one day in the past i had dreamed of it.
Winston Salem State University is a great HBCU and we are family we have a great campus and if any high school student want to come to the best HBCU in North Carolina. We have a great football team who won the CIAA championship and also 11 championship
My experience so far at Winston-Salem State University have been amazing. I love the culture that is surrounding me, and the teachers who work hard to push us through.
Winston-Salem State University is an welcoming environment that make's future students feel like home. Students and staff at this University was very detailed, and helpful for any question's I had ask. I'm extremely excited to attend Winston-Salem State University Fall 2018!
WSSU is really an okay school. I really did not want to go here because I am from Winston salem and I wanted to be around a different scenery.
Winston is a great school to attend. Its getting very diverse and the instructors really do care about your education.
The academics are great along with the diversity on campus. My experience at Winston-Salem State University thus far, has been phenonmenal. The one change that should be made is the respect given during the summer from certain offices.
Freshman planning is very strategically planned. Administration can be tough but overall planning freshman year is great.
The students and faculty are overall very nice. They have one of the top nursing and psychology programs. They are getting a Chic-Fil-A on campus.
Winston-Salem State University has taught me the importance of networking, time management, and organization. Many college students tend to allow opportunities to pass, due to failure to openly network with staff. At WSSU, professors have assisted me beyond the classroom to push me closer to my desired career path.
I love this and it is the BEST HBCU in the North Carolina. We stand as a RAMILY and the teachers really care about you.
Attending Winston-Salem State University has given me hope and drive as an upcoming black man preparing to enter the working world after graduation. In today's society I see more men of color on the negative end than the positive in the working world. At Winston-Salem State University I've found professors who look just like me that are doing positive things in the working world, encouraging me and supporting me to be likewise. While matriculating in this environment I really believe I can be positive be a positive product in such a challenging world.

Through networking and word of mouth I connected early with these professors starting out in my freshman year. I would like to see Winston-Salem State develop a clearer, straight line or a required process to connect with willing professors.
I like that WSSU is diverse and everyone is friendly. I also like the professors attitude and availability. However, I think that communication skills between the staff could be better. Overall, I would definitely recommend this school.
Start Your Review of Winston-Salem State University
I live Winston and I am proud to be a ram. It is he best hbcu in Norh Carolina, well to me period and I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.
I toured this campus in April 2017. As a black person, I felt that I was home when I walked the campus. It really felt as if I were home. I live in CT so to be down south and find a school that actually made me feel welcome was a great plus. The tour guides were great, they even gave out their snapchats if we had any questions.
Everyone is so nice and welcoming and it's a really good school to go to and they have great programs to join. I'm very happy on the choice i made