Winona State University Reviews

I love Winona State! It is the perfect size for me, an outgoing girl that doesn’t like to get lost in a huge crowd. I would like to see the professors getting more involved with on campus events.
Beautiful college located near the bluffs, filled with gracious people. I just wish the downtown was a little more developed!
I attended the Winona State University Rochester campus for the RN to BSN program. Academic program was excellent, close to home, affordable, great location, Instructors were great. I did not live on campus nor really eat on campus.
Start Your Review of Winona State University
I love everything about Winona State University. The people here are superb and the professors are awesome. There are also so many things to do around Winona, things like hiking, kayaking, biking, etc. Not to mention how beautiful the city gets in the fall with all of the changing leaves. My only complaint is the parking at school, there is literally no place to park.
My daughter is interested in the teaching field. The new Education Village to open at Winona State University sometime in 2019 looks fabulous. The campus has so much to offer in general. We love that WSU is not too large, but large enough to have lots to do on campus & in the town of Winona itself. The forested bluffs are absolutely breathtaking in the fall. The female to male ratio at WSU is roughly about 61.4 to 38.6% which we also like. Everyone seems quite friendly on campus & in town, in general. The college's administration is willing to answer any & all questions that people might have about attending WSU. We loved the college, & we are definitely considering it as a top contender for her college education!
I loved the homey feel when I came to campus. The campus is great. I absolutely loved my dorm room - spacious, modern furnishings, secure building & fun activities. Lots of fun activities to do on campus.
I took a tour recently. It is a beautiful area and is a great school for academics, clubs, dorms, food, and workout facilities. I have toured a lot of schools recently and this by far has been my favorite! It has so many newer and up-to-date buildings/dorms on campus. I love it. I can't wait to be a student here!
Winona State University has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life. While the city of Winona itself has breathtaking nature surroundings all four seasons, there is much more that makes it a wonderful place to go to school. The campus is a very comfortable size that makes it easy to get to classes in a very manageable amount of time and the amount of students on campus feels just right - not too small but not too big, just right where you see people enough to get to know them well while also always having the opportunity to meet new people. The education I have received has been phenomenal in the Education program provided, my teachers overall have been up-to-date and passionate, and my advisors have always gone above and beyond to help me succeed. Finally, the community around is amazing with endless opportunities to get involved on and off campus, to find people with common interests as well as clubs where people can try new things.
A beautiful campus and town with tons to do on and off campus! Small classes with professors willing to do one on one work. Overall great school!
The campus is beautiful especially during the fall. For the most part everyone is very nice around here. There isn't much to do off campus and a lot of students go home on the weekend.
When visiting Winona State University, there was a large amount of information given to you. Overall the college is very clean and has a home feel to it. I hope in the future i'm able to attend at Winona State University.
It is a very beautiful campus, with friendly people attending. The courses are rigorous and interesting and I feel that I am preparing for real life beyond college.
Winona State University is a gem in the southeast Minnesota. The quality of engaged professors, the calmness of the town, and the beauty of the place (the mighty Mississippi, the overlooking bluffs and the lakes) are simply breathtaking. College of Business where I primarily work is an absolutely amazing college, both academically as well as in terms of programs. College of Business is a distinct college for innovative engaged teaching and learning with an engagement brand, which is captured by its tagline of #CreateYourMore.
Winona is smaller campus,which is nice to have smaller class sizes and more one on one with profs. The campus is located on the Mississippi River surrounded by bluffs and hiking. It is beautiful. The science, nursing and engineering programs are highly recommended here.
A very nice university nestled in a quaint town. Diverse student population, excellent campus , excellent professors and lots of opportunities for all types of social experiences. Lots of groups and Greek life.
I am currently a sophomore at Winona State. My first year was amazing, thanks to the wonderful teachers, people, and atmosphere here at Winona. He teachers truly want you to succeed in class, and will help you figure out what works best for you if you are struggling. The social life at Winona is also amazing, everyone is very nice and you never feel left out!
Small, compact university campus. Nice facilities and good faculty. Lots of student organizations and clubs to join. New fitness facility built within the past 5 years.
Start Your Review of Winona State University
Winona State University overall was a great college to attend. The professors were all great and very willing to help you excel in your classes. There were numerous times I utilized the professors office hours to ensure that I was doing what was expected of myself in the class. Also, the campus is set in a way to make sure that the majority of your classes are located in no more than 3 of the buildings so that you are close to all of your classes.
I liked the small campus at Winona, everyone is very friendly and there is a lot to do. It is also a very beautiful area. I hope definately recommend Winona state University to others.
The school is great academically, with many programs to choose from. There are many opportunities to get involved in things such as sports &/or clubs. Financial aid office could be more helpful