Winona State University Reviews

Winona State University has a beautiful campus that is close together within Winona. The professors are quite enthusiastic about education there. The science and engineering department is especially excellent, as it provides the students with great learning opportunities.
The HERS (Health Education and Rehabilitative Services) department at Winona State is focused on learning and the students' success. Not only do the professors teach the material, but they relate it directly to our future occupations and are compassionate at what they do.
I am a current 1st year student here at Winona State University. First, let me say that the education I am receiving is better than I had expected. Love the professors and the opportunities the University provides me.

Yes, the dorm food is actually good. I know that sound nefarious but compare to Wisconsin and Illinois Universities, The food is good.

No for the bad. I was told by the university that joining the Lourdes Freshman Experience was going to be amazing. It is not. In fact the dorm is run with an iron fist and if you decide to live there you will be like most and leave the dorm by the second semester. I am still here but I will honestly say that it is quite lonely . most rooms have been vacated and with the security roaming the halls for even the smallest noise after 11pm, i am sure there are better experiences elsewhere in campus. Do not be sold this bill of good and therefor I cannot say my living experience has been positive. Stay away for Lourdes!
Start Your Review of Winona State University
good college- VERY boring. I decided to transfer after two years... (preventative measure, so I didn't die of boredom)... that being said, professors are great as well as 35% of the students
I am currently a freshman and I absolutely love Winona! I don't really have any complaints at the moment. The size of the school for me was perfect, the location is beautiful! Some people are worried there isn't much to do with the next big town being about a half hour a way but honestly there's a ton! I think the tuition and fees are fair amounts as well compared to other colleges.
My experience at Winona State University was wonderful and it still continues to be. I like Winona for many reasons. Some reasons will be their campus safety, strong academic programs, care for students life like how International students are welcome at Winona University is so amazing and makes you feel at home. I love Winona State University.
I received my undergraduate degree at WSU. The school helped me transfer some difficult credits in order to get me my degree as fast as possible. Now I'm on my way to the rest of my career as a Physician Assistant.
I love the small town feel and how beautiful the campus is. I found life long friends, and I enjoy my classes. I have not experienced a bad professor yet! They are all super approachable and easy to get along with.
It is a very good school. All the buildings are in close proximity to one another so you don't have to walk to far. All the professors that I had were all super helpful and very nice. They have really good tech people to help solve your problems and they are all really nice as well. The campus supports all types of benefits and all the sororities hold fundraisers and have fun things going on all the time. I would definitely recommend this university to anyone.
Like the size of school and campus. Everything is within a close enough area to get around easy. The university is an outstanding in learning facility and in sports. The training staff for athletes is very caring and helpful when you need them. Lots of people to help when you need it from enrolling to just average day to day questions. Most of the professors are understanding when you are missing a class on game day. Nice having a doctor and nurse right on the campus for when you are just not feeling well and need just a quick look at. Happy to be a student at Winona State University.
The professors seem to care about the students and their success. The area is great and provides a lot of outdoor activities.
It is one of the most beautiful campuses that I have ever seen. Especially in the fall, it is so pretty. They are also so many places to do homework that cater to everyone, quiet and louder places. The professors are reasonable and really want you to succeed.
WSU was a great 4 years of my life. The bluffs are beautiful and the nearby Lake allows the community to kayak and more for a small yearly fee. The campus is really pretty and has been updated in a lot of ways--there is a caribou coffee and snack shop in the library (the library is beautiful, spacious, and bright btw!), they have added another newer coffee shop in Somsen Hall as well. Yes like all colleges there are a lot of old buildings, but they have charm and history. The Wellness Center is amazing--relatively updated and very modern looking. The food court has also been remodeled and looks great as well. Overall, I had a great time at the school--true, the city of Winona is a little bland, there is the typical movie theater and a couple restaurants that aren't chains, but its a small town. Typically, people can travel to La Crosse or Rochester for the nearest mall or other adventures. Honestly though, Winona State is beautiful and a pretty great school. Go Warriors!
As an international student,I remember being anxious about the thought of facing culture shock and not being able to fully immerse myself in the western culture.But WSU's friendly and welcoming environment made me feel welcomed and not far away from home.My WSU experience has been tremendous even if it has been less than two years.It’s given me the chance to connect and get to know a lot of people from different backgrounds that I can say will last a lifetime.It’s also challenged me in ways which allowed me to let go and grow and become a stronger individual.For that I'm really grateful and pleased of my decision.The things that I would want change is WSU should have more travel study opportunities and access to facilities and services which are more affordable which could later be one of the factors that hinder students from completing their education at WSU.
I am very pleased with my experience at Winona State University thus far. Being a medium sized school, I am very pleased to have had the opportunities to really get to know my professors on a first name basis. I feel that my education is really applicable to my future goals and that I will be very prepared for my future career.
The professors at this university are amazing. They are all very personable and helpful. Beautiful campus as well. People are very pleased with the nursing and education programs at this school. I think if you are considering this university, look at reviews on the other major programs if you are not nursing or education.
I love Winona State! It is the perfect size for me, an outgoing girl that doesn’t like to get lost in a huge crowd. I would like to see the professors getting more involved with on campus events.
Start Your Review of Winona State University
Beautiful college located near the bluffs, filled with gracious people. I just wish the downtown was a little more developed!
I attended the Winona State University Rochester campus for the RN to BSN program. Academic program was excellent, close to home, affordable, great location, Instructors were great. I did not live on campus nor really eat on campus.
I love everything about Winona State University. The people here are superb and the professors are awesome. There are also so many things to do around Winona, things like hiking, kayaking, biking, etc. Not to mention how beautiful the city gets in the fall with all of the changing leaves. My only complaint is the parking at school, there is literally no place to park.