Wingate University Reviews

Pros: small class sizes, updated campus, easy to get involved in organizations, friendly staff and students, people know your name (you aren't just a number)

Cons: campus "shuts down" on the weekends, food is subpar, lack of parking and housing (even though they require you to live on campus all 4 years), campus doesn't feel safe (car break ins, lock downs, hardly any lights in parking lots), campus safety isn't helpful/readily available, tuition is high
Wingate is a special place. The people here love going to school here and enjoy life as a college student. All of the sports teams are highly ranked and win the conference almost every year. I like how they are so competitive and how it is a big part of life as a college student.
I’d like better communication with administration, better resources, and more teachers to actually teach classes. Incoming freshmen can’t take classes for their majors because there aren’t enough teachers
Start Your Review of Wingate University
Its a great University with many opportunities to join clubs , be a part of staff , Study aboard , make friends and even go to Christian group meetings. Help is right at your fingertips , you just need to ask .
wingate was an amazing experience. Everyone was nice and chill. once you were there, everyone would greet you with hellos and always had a smile on their faces.
I loved everything about Wingate. There isn't anything I would change. When I toured the school for the first time I automatically fell in love, it was everything I dreamed of and more. The tour guide Sarah was amazing and all the people we walked past said hi and were so welcoming. The dorms were so cute and just my style as far as set up and my admissions counselor Kayla answered a lot of my questions which just made me even more excited to start in the fall. I am also very glad that it is a christian private school!
I have experienced wingate by attending on their campus tours and other activities. I hope to attend in the fall of 2018 as a major in pre-med
Wingate Universtiy is a great university. It is a small campus but very easy to get around. All of the professors are great they help you with everything you need. The staff is great and very friendly.
The school is accepting too many students without the means to house them. They stick 3/4 girls in a room that is meant to be a traditional 2 person dorm. They won't tell you they're doing this until a week before move in day so you have no other options. The academics are subpar. The food is absolutely awful. Theres no where to park and when you have to make a parking spot because otherwise you'll be walking a mile from your car to the dorm in the dark (theres not proper lighting or safety buttons on campus) you'll get a parking ticket and if those parking tickets go unpaid they won't send your transcripts to another school so you can get out of there. There's many other issues such as no hot water, disgusting dorms including mold and rotting ceilings (helms). If you want to experience all of these issues and pay upwards of 20,000 to do it then wingate is the place for you. If not go literally anywhere else.
It is a lovely school! The advisors are very helpful and kind. I got to sit in on a class to see what a college chemistry class is really like. The campus is so beautiful with several fountains and water displays. It has an old timey feeling because of the older building.
When I had taken a campus tour, I could already tell that Wingate was an amazing institution. The class sizes are just the right size, the staff seem very friendly and welcoming, there are various amenities (fitness building, on-campus shops/dining facilities) to utilize, and I personally loved the diversity of students and clubs.
Wingate is an above average school in my opinion. On the good side, class size is small, instructors are (mostly) nice and approachable, people are decent and friendly, and the campus is really pretty. On the down side, there are not many events and fun stuffs going on. Overall, Wingate is a decent school, but don't expect too much fun/ events on campus.
The instructors are awesome and there is a good since of family throughout this university. The classes are interesting and the sports are great to watch and participate in.
I like the way that we all feel like one big family. The campus is absolutely beautiful. The professors are very accessible, as well.
Even though it is a small institution, they have everything that I need to be a successful student. All of the professors that I have had so far really want to help, and are available to help.
My experience at Wingate so far has been amazing. I am thriving well in a college with a small class size and various resources for success.
There's so many volunteer opportunities on campus that will help keep someone involved in the community. It gives you an opportunity to network and meet the different kinds of people you find on this campus. The library's service is always on point! They've always been so helpful and it's never been too crowded for me to get a spot at the computer lab or have a place to study. My professors were amazing in every way and I never once left the classroom with unanswered questions. Communication is reliable with professors as long as you attend classes as regularly as possible. At Wingate, you'll get a nice exercise because walking is mostly how students get around.
Start Your Review of Wingate University
There are things to do for everyone to feel involved in campus life. The small class size lends to a positive learning environment.
The moment I set foot on the campus I felt at home and welcomed. Their are so many opportunities and events that take place at Wingate University with I love. Something I would like to change is the meal plans for commuter students. I am a commuter and I found that the plans were not worth buying due to the prices.
The professors are readily available but the surrounding area is pretty boring unless you want to drive to Charlotte every weekend. Also, the cafeteria food is either hit or miss but the staff is amazing and hilarious.