Wingate University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
South Atlantic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.33 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Most Popular Majors
Human Services44 Graduates
Elementary Education24 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management23 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration16 Graduates
Public Relations14 Graduates
Corporate Communications13 Graduates
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.44 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.45 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.24 responses
Wingate University Reviews
Review Wingate University
Wingate University is a great place to continue your education! I transferred there after obtaining my two year, Associate's degree, and it was one of the best educational decisions I have ever made. There are a ton of majors and minors to choose from and the professors are top notch. The administration at Wingate truly care about the students and do all they can to help. The student life at Wingate is incredible! There is always something going on! I really enjoy attending this school! I have one more year left and I will have my Bachelor's degree!
I am involved in greek life. I would encourage anyone to go through. I have really grown into myself and learned a lot about who I am thanks to my organization. Greek life encourages diplomacy, understanding and acceptance. This experience can really help you prepare for the real world. Greeks are not really a concern of non-greeks, we coexist well! The housing is not ideal, there is a greek village on the north-west portion of campus. Each organization has two separate apartments with 4 private occupancy rooms in each. This area is very social and allows you to meet other greeks and non-greeks!
The campus is beautiful, staff are personal and friendly, and there are tons of opportunities for all students on campus. It's perfect for anyone wanting a personal college experience and lifelong friends!