1. Kaneohe, HI
  2. 2 Year

Windward Community College Reviews

Windward Community College is truly a part of the community. The efforts at this college work toward building a stronger community on- and off-campus. This college also has a great team of student employees. Offering student-employee positions gives students a place to support themselves financially, and become a greater part of the community on campus. One thing I'd like to see change at Windward Community College is an increase of healthy food options that are affordable.
This is my first year at windward community college and I'm really satisfied with everything the college has to offer. They are one of the only schools in the area that has programs and tutors for people with disabilities. I'm greatful for that because my little brother has disabilities and knowing that schools are starting to care about helping further their education means a lot to me. All my teachers are very nice. They seem really passionate about what they do. The only thing I don't really like is that the buildings need to be cleaned and repainted on the outside. The structure is lovely it just needs a little touching up to do . Thank you
My experience at this school is very convenient. The classes are very flexible and so are the professors. Some professors will allow you to sit in on an earlier class if for some reason you aren't able to make it to your scheduled afternoon class; or if you aren't able to come to the morning class, you can sit in on the afternoon class.
Taking online classes are a little more difficult, in my opinion. Classes online are more of a self learning course. The workload isn't unbearable, but it is a little more challenging when you have four other classes. I would still recommend taking classes online because there are many available resources to take advantage of to make yourself a better self learner..
My experience at Windward Community College has been great. The professors really make the course material interesting and easy to understand . Because a lot of students are going to school full time, the teachers are really understanding and can be lenient with the assignments.
A Veterinary Technician degree from Windward Community College would open the doors to many jobs in the animal health field. It would give me the opportunity to work with exotic animals and animals in shelters that need help and care. I really want to make a difference for animals and prove that they're lives matter. This degree would just be the beginning to my journey in animal health.
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
My overall experience has been great at Windward Community College. The professors are really dedicated to teaching and helping the students understand the course to the best of their ability. Our school has amazing tutoring and study programs that have people waiting to help you with anything They even have a tutoring program for adults with disabilities, and the staff are extremely friendly. WCC is definitely one of the most helpful schools on the island.
beautiful facility, programs are easy to understand.
Love the people on campus.
Very intense and time consuming but the reward surpasses all of the hard work required to achieve your goal.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I feel a sense of family while attending Wimdward Community College.
its so great because my councilor really worked around my schedule
im not taking online classes but the classes alone are very good.
after i graduate i can still work on campus while going to expand my degree
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
the classes arent to small nor to big the professors teach very good
they have a really great on campus work program
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
there is a lot of work that comes along with it but overall i enjoy it a lot
The tutors here at my school are very helpful, the professors know exactly what they are teaching and they find the best and easy ways for all the students to understand. I really understand what they are teaching.
This semester there were a lot of wait lists for certain classes. I was on 3 wait lists until the week before school started when they added more classes. I transferred credits out of WCC to HCC in the past and plan on transferring credits to UH west Oahu later. It's easy because these schools are all part of the University of Hawaii system.
My online course last semester was very clearly laid out by the instructor. Interaction with other students was done through an online forum. Professor was available during office hours and we were required to meet with her face to face at least once during the semester. There was good study material offered online, books, videos, presentations.