Williams College Reviews

WIlliams is a fantastic school full of talented faculty and students. Staff is deeply caring and kind. Academics are very strong and the level of individualized attention per student is really unique.
To whom this may concern, I wish to express my dissatisfaction with Williams College. I arrived for my reunion last summer to rekindle my relationships with fellow classmates. I was utterly disgusted with the behavior of both the students and faculty. When I graduated from Williams in 2012, the community was much friendlier. Talking to some of the students baffled me, to say the least. I felt that they were extremely arrogant and downright disrespectful. Since my time there, Williams has changed immensely. Although it has only been six years since my graduation, it has completely changed for the worse. I was shocked to see that my peers were jobless and unsuccessful. It was clear that Williams did NOT prepare them for the real world. If you're looking for a school that possesses a warm, supportive, and intellectual atmosphere, I regret to inform you that you will certainly not find this at Williams College. Do yourself and your kids a favor, and avoid this school at all costs.
A wonderful place to learn and grow from a young adult to a contributing member of society. Williams provides its students with innumerable opportunities during their time there. The professors are brilliant and interested in getting to know each of their students, which is something very valuable that our bigger peer institutions don’t have.
Start Your Review of Williams College
Williams has a proper community feel to it; it's nice be able to look around you and be able to recognize a bunch of the people of around you. If you'd like some anonymity, this isn 't the place for you.

Having said that: the people and professors are great, the academics are challenging but not impossible, and its relatively easy get into the classes you want.
I loved the campus and the people. Williams has a very cooperative-feeling atmosphere and grades are hardly ever mentioned--if there's competing, it's only with yourself. While there's not much of a town around Williams, there's always more than enough things to do on campus to keep you busy.
Don't go there if you have a food allergy. There are no apartments off campus, only a few apartments on campus and they usually go to upperclassmen. But seriously, they will starve you.
Williams College provides its students with a challenging academic environment where students are encouraged to engage with their professors. The student body is extremely friendly and diverse. There are always events on campus, whether its a guest lecture, film screening, or concert. The dorms are a little less exciting, but not bad. The food and party scene aren't amazing. Overall, though, it's an awesome place.
You should definitely think about what you want from a college before deciding to come here. For international students like myself, socializing could be awkward and the loneliness could seem unbearable at times. But by no means is that the case for the 90% of people who are not internationals. I am in love with the views and I even had my first snow 2 weeks ago: it was pretty cool.
Great professors, they really care about their students and will go out of their way to more sure you understand the material.
Younger profs are great, but some deadwood older profs for sure. Lots of opportunities to work in labs and abroad, but campus is very isolated in the winter months.
Williams College offers amazing professors and courses. The quality of education is top-notch, which makes up for what it lacks in other areas - its isolated location, lousy party scene, clique-y student body, etc.
Even though we are a small school in the middle of nowhere, the amount and range of opportunities you will find on campus are unbeatable. That along with the focus on community building makes this place truly spectacular.
This school is great if you are looking for a small-knit, college community. Everyone, from students to professors, are nice, welcoming, and available. However, the school is in the middle of nowhere, and the social scene can feel stale. At a small school like this, if you are a minority, the lack of diversity can be disappointing since you could know every POC on campus within a few months, but percentage wise a lot better here than a lot of other liberal arts schools.
Williams College is a great institution with a lot of generous alumni and phenomenal academics. Despite being very small and not as well-known as its counterparts, it has held the highest ranking for liberal arts colleges for fourteen years. I am only a second semester freshman, but I have felt how strong the warm and welcoming environment of this campus. The entry system, which places about 20 freshman with two JAs (junior advisors), along with the orientation activities like WOOLF, give freshmen a sort of friend safety net which they can rely on. The school does a wonderful job of introducing students to each other in such a stressful and new environment. Academically, Williams goes above and beyond with the classes offered as well as with the kinds of relationships that can be formed with professors. Overall, a fantastic and supportive institution.
Really disappointed. Not what I expected. Good academics but shallow. Student body. More hype than anything. Turned down Duke for this. Big mistake.
This place is cool. I am challenged every day academically and continue to grow and enrich my mind. The surroundings are beautiful and full of a vibrant culture.
Williams is the perfect combination of everything I was looking for in a college: and quirky and well-rounded student body, academics that will challenge you beyond belief, and a hyper-supportive network of peers and professors.
Start Your Review of Williams College
I love Williams. If you're going to college to learn and improve academically, athletically, artistically, or however else Williams is the best place in the world to do it all.
Though Williams is small and relatively unknown among the general population, those who matter know what it is. The alumni network is a great resource, and the career center is very helpful--you just have to ask for help first!
Courses are almost invariably high-quality--interesting, educative, but very difficult. Professors are the best in their field, and most are here simply because they care about educating the next generation. There's a lot of variety among courses, though this is more true of humanities (sciences can only get so creative). Classes are typically discussion-based, not lecture, and sizes are small.