William Paterson University of New Jersey Reviews

Great campus with great opportunities to make you education better. Professors make the environment work friendly and are very helpful woth students.
William Paterson University is perhaps the best decision I have ever made. The professors here truly want to see you succeed. They prove this by offering extra help outside of class times, making themselves available at night and even on weekends, and giving second chances of some assignments. They truly believe that education and learning means making mistakes, giving unmeasurable effort, and utilizing the resources around you. The campus itself is like the cherry on top. It is both beautiful and historic, creating an atmosphere conducive of learning and social interaction. The resources available to students are in abundance, and include program such as free tutoring, EOF, work-study, and a disabilities and military veterans’ office. The only downside I can truly say William Paterson University has, is its hills. The campus was essentially built on a mountain, which means depending on your major you may be climbing a hill with a 45-degree slop or higher every day to get to class.
The atmosphere of William Paterson is like no other. There are many activities around campus that engage you socially and educationally. There are many ways to make friends while ensuring that your studies are doing well. The teachers are very friendly and ensure that you are going to have a great semester.
Review William Paterson University of New Jersey
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a well recommended college, in my opinion. As a first year student, my experience was great. Having trouble in the beginning adjusting to live away from home, i soon enough met great people who i began to bond with. The campus is very clean and well kept, and the food there is also very good. It is full of diversity, so you can literally meet people from all over the world. Being that there are so many students, your possibilities for meeting wonderful people, are limitless.
I love William Paterson University! It's so diverse and the faculty and students that assist you are so kind and helpful. The campus is beautiful and I feel at home when I'm there. If could change one thing is the food court options, they should be better, and more healthy. I really do feel safe and comfortable when I go to my car even at night there, it's not a unsafe campus to be on.
I graduated in 2008 from the Psychology program here. While I don't necessary blame the school for the lack of advancement I have had for only a undergraduate degree. I do blame the school for lack of networking and advisement that occurred when I was there. I currently work in Mental Health which has been the worst choice I have made in my life. Luckily, I was accepted into a graduate school recently. I also believe their are far more quality schools in the area and this is an extension of basically a higher level community college. If your interest is Business, Teaching or Nursing. Willy P is a great choice, but anything else you can find far cheaper and better schools in the area! Stay away.
William Paterson University is a university on the rise but as a long way to go. Education is equal to any state school but is a little behind in resources. Overall though, in all aspects the university is behind. In student life such as dorms and activities the school is behind. Food is subpar and does not really provide many options. The buildings need a little renovation. With a little more funding the school can be top notch in New Jersey but it will take a couple of years.
William Paterson is a nice school with a good atmosphere and great professor. Like any school it has it's ups and downs, but overall I have enjoyed my time here. The building I live in on campus is extremely nice and well worth the extra money, even if the shower gets cold every once in a while. The academic buildings are also very nice and are a great place to learn. The professor are nice and willing to help students. The food could be better but I do see the dining hall staff trying to work on that.
The campus is fine and the people are friendly enough. Although the location is not extremely far, there is not much around it for a city life.
I have had a great experience at this university. The subject matter is relevant, and they are extremely helpful.
what I like about William Paterson university is the classes are very small and the professors are able to interact with student more. I enjoy the community here because there are also of animals on campus and in the spring and summers the plants are so beautiful. There are not a lot of things I would want to change about this school but if I could I would change the food distribution system and how roommates are assigned. The food here at William Paterson is not the best. Often time I feel as though their is not much effort put into the food made, but then I have to remember you get what you pay for. I have realized over time the William Paterson assigns roommates based on your back ground. All of my roommates seen to always be from the same place or similar places and of similar ethnicity and race. Not that this is a bad thing but I feel as though this prevent one from getting to know and be apart of a more diverse groups of people.
I just started William Paterson in 2016 as a transfer student and it's been great. The university has a lot of opportunities for students to grow and succeed. There are also many resources to help you in anything that you need. I feel like the professors do care about their students.
William Paterson University is a small school so it allows you to meet other people easily. People are friendly and academics are okay.
William Paterson University is a great college to go to because it is one that cares about their students. As a Freshman, I was nervous about going to a new environment. This University is so welcoming and helpful. if you need help, they have it. From free tutors to an on campus health and wellness center. there are so many activities to do on campus as well. every tuesday and thursday there is something called," common hour" which ther are no classes and everyone interacts to make friends and have fun! there are a lot of cool events like there are DJs on campus, spa days, yoga and fitness activities as well!
As a freshman so far my first year is coming to an end and I'm definitely considering staying here to complete my undergrad. You meet so many people, including ones that can become the beginning of life long friendships. Professors almost always put a lot of effort to educate their students, but occasionally you might have some bad luck with an unenthusiastic professor but that's everywhere just plan and look at reviews for your future professors. As resident as well you have a good amount of food options you can use your pioneer express for outside and inside campus for food including places that do delivery around campus. Overall it's what you make the school and take advantage of the opportunities on campus.
It is a calm campus, for the most part. If you want a place where you can relax, eat, and take classes that aren't going to make you walk a marathon to get to, William Paterson is the place to be. If you are introverted or not that social, you will be comfortable here.
William Paterson is a good school overall, it can be better but I cant complain. They do have a different amount of activities and tutoring opportunities which is really usefull and it's free which is great, well actually it's paid for in tuition counted at "miscellaneous". Something I'm not fond about Willy p is the food choices they are horrible and it gets sickening after a while and there's nothing to healthy to eat, also the dorming is really bad unless you live in a high mountain building. If attending the school is going to cost that amount of money then those things should be changed.
Review William Paterson University of New Jersey
William Paterson University is a wonderful university. People are very kind,generous,helpful. WPU has many events and activities for eachother to get to know one another. they have common hour twice a week. They have educational events as well . Overall this is my second home
I truly enjoyed all of the opportunities that were available to me. Whether it be study opportunities, discounted tickets to events, free apparel, internships, etc. There was always something that the school was offering, and that felt very good!
Very closed group of people