William Paterson University of New Jersey Reviews

My overall experience at William Paterson University has been great once I joined the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated the Sigma Nu chapter the brothers help me get more involved with the William Paterson community. By holding various events to bring fun and connect everyone by making new friends at social events as well as educational ones as well.
William Paterson University is a wonderful school and it welcomes all form all works of life.The Alumni support system is amazing.I will recommend to all as it helped me transition beautifully to college.
So far I have visited WPU about 5 times and I love the atmosphere. I really am looking forward to continuing my education and becoming more active with campus activities.
Start Your Review of William Paterson University of New Jersey
William Paterson is a great campus in a quiet area. Classes offered are great and the school is not very expensive.
The campus is always vibrant and releases an aura of positivity throughout. The professors are very professional and the students are as well.
Nice campus, close commute to home, great professors but tuition has gone up a lot since i graduated in 2009
The school staff and students are very helpful and extremely welcoming. They encourage you to do great things in life.
What I love about William Paterson University is that the community is very open and welcoming. Everyone is happy to help whether it's the professors or the staff working on the grounds.
Everyone there from the teachers, to the students, to tutors really make a huge difference to my college experience. I feel like going here was meant for me!
Class of 2006 (shockingly didn't finish). At the time the campus was a disgusting quilt of various construction projects which I hope are actually finished by now. Made the mistake of living on campus. DO NOT LIVE ON CAMPUS. There were a handful of exceptional educators here that were either very well paid or fulfilling the terms of plea deals. I didn't really like most of them personally, but I have to admit they were good. The other "teachers" were the sort you'd expect: frazzled after a long day of dodging paper airplanes and spitballs at their substitute teaching gigs, eccentric and charismatic and interesting yet totally clueless about the subject they were supposed to be teaching, completely the opposite of the last one except also clueless, and finally, not even there. Campus life? No. Local culture? Lol no. Safety? Eh. Athletics? Yeah, they have some of those. But honestly, no. Again, DO NOT LIVE ON CAMPUS.
William Paterson is a very small 4-year university. Overall, I love the environment and the safety of the campus. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help one another.
My sister goes to this college and throughout the entire process I was with her for support and I saw everything that the college had to offer and we would visit her almost every other weekend since we only lived an hour away.
William Paterson University was an amazing experience. I learned and made new friends. They are always ready to help and they are very suppurtive!
I had an okay experience. I wish there would've been better advisement in my earlier years so that I wouldn't have made the mistakes I did (eg. scheduling). Other than that, they have great professors and tutors.
My experience here has been pretty good. Living on campus isn’t too expensive and the biology program is really good.
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a solid school with solid teachers, although it doesn't hurt to check ratemyprofessor.com before registering for a class. William Paterson University does its best to help students through their college education through guidance counseling, workshops, and constant job opportunities sent to their students' emails. It's affordable, straight forward, and has a beautiful campus. You can really tell William Paterson University cares about its students.
I am a transfer student here at William Paterson and I love the campus from the diversity and students being very helpful to me when I was lost trying to find my classes and each building. The surrounding area is very peaceful and calm. The professors are very helpful and very understanding. I was so glad to pick to university and would recommend people to also apply here as well.
Start Your Review of William Paterson University of New Jersey
I really like the campus and I find the professors to be very encouraging. As a transfer student, William Paterson University has helped me to choose the right major and career. It has also helped me to get out of my comfort zone and learn to communicate with people among the campus.
This is my experience based on the Science department.

The advisors are awful and does not care which leads you not to graduate on time. Please choose a different school. The professors for the biology and chemistry departments are awful and have no care in the world. The school only care about money.
The university open to anyone. There is no negative energy when it comes to the feel of the campus and the staff is committed to helping the students succeed.