William Jewell College Reviews

The academics at Jewell are extremely prestigious. The professors are very knowledgable and give their students some of the coolest opportunities for undergrads.
Having finished my first semester, I can say so far William Jewell is an excellent college. I am in the Oxbridge program and have seen myself become more eager to learn. The teachers are kind and helpful. I love that the teachers know my name. My roommate is great and I study quite a bit.
Overall, Jewell is amazing. I wouldn't want to attend any other college.
Review Your College
The value of a degree from Jewell is extremely high. Graduate schools and employers think highly of their potential employees/students. They understand how difficult Jewell is.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Campus safety and student life are excellent
The buildings are old but they are functional and well kept. It is very "homey"
It is a good experience for individuals who are interested in Greek Life. I personally could not afford the dues to be in a sorority.
We do not have the most funding for our athletics. Funding is spent more so on academics.
I am over-the-top grateful for the professors and staff at this school. The biology program is so unique and allows students to publish research by the time they graduate. The teachers love their students, and go out of their way to make sure they succeed.
The academics on campus are great! If you get a high enough ACT score, you can apply for the Oxbridge Honors Program, which, if you qualify for, will allow you the chance to study at Oxford for an entire year. Even if you are unable to participate in Oxbridge, you still get an amazing education with small class sizes, meaning an easier time getting to speak to your professors.
The diversity on campus is amazing and widely accepted. I think the best thing is that during our orientation we do activities to ensure that we understand the diversity and welcome it with open arms.
I'm not going to lie and say it's not there at all, but I've honestly never seen no drugs, alcohol, or anything else.
Between the professors, classes, campus, and Greek life, I'm always very glad that I chose to go to Jewell.
With Jewell being so close to downtown Kansas City, we have a great opportunity as students and future alums to receive internships, jobs, and build networks becasue we went to Jewell.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
All of the students enrolled at Jewell have access to an on campus nurse, counselor, and advisors to go to should they need anything. The staff and faculty are also very serious about campus crimes, and sexual assault. When I asked about the assault I was relieved to hear that they went to the authorities when something happened, but nothing had been heard about by any juniors since they had started; with a school like Jewell, only 1100 students or so, nothing stays quiet for long.
Dorm experience is going to vary no matter what, but Jewell's definitely has the perk of not needing to drive everywhere on campus.
  • 9 months ago
  • Housing
I know that I would not have joined my sisterhood if it wasn't for going to Jewell. Definitely one of the best choices I've made.
Review Your College
I don't really do anything with the athletics.
Jewell has been one of the best choices I've made in my life. If I had not of chosen to go to Jewell, I more than likely would not have joined a sorority.
Professors care and are willing to help when needed, friends are easy to make. Classes are small and very interactive.