William Jewell College Reviews

William Jewell is the premier critical thought and inquiry college in the Midwest, and, quite possibly, in the country. The professors here care about their students and help them to succeed while pushing them to do their best,
William Jewell College is a fantastic school. The academics are very challenging, even for a former high school valedictorian like me, but they are very rewarding. Jewell doesn't just offer a degree, it offers an education. The student life is also very involved in campus activities and organizations, so many opportunities are present to make friends and get to know more people on campus. The campus is small, but it feels bigger with the amount of people you are able to meet when you become involved. Overall, I am having a fantastic college experience here, and I am glad I chose to come to William Jewell College.
If I could give zero stars I definitely would! This school is definitely messed up and has some serious issues. The administration is very difficult to work with and makes it very difficult for student success. Many students on campus feel unhappy and cheated at the college, and we feel like we pay so much and nothing that was promised gets delivered. Aside from the PLC most buildings on campus have a vast amount of issues throughout the year, the dorm rooms especially. The caf is really bad with minimal food options to choose from, most of us just enjoy the Sunday Ice Cream bar. The cage is where a lot of kids eat but the food there is very greasy and takes forever to get your food.

Just don't waste your time considering this school as you will not get anything you are promised. You'll end up being unhappy and wonder why you chose the school on the first place.
Start Your Review of William Jewell College
I like the academics found at William Jewell. They really strive to see each student succeed in life.
Besides the food, or the dorms, this school is worth choosing. Especially if you're studying theatre, it's a wild ride experience!!!
William Jewell College is a great school that is extremely underrated. The academics are comparable to some of the best schools in the nation, the professors are amazing, the connections are really valuable, the facilities are wonderful, and the campus is beautiful. My only complaints are that the hours of the places to get food are inconvenient at times and more students should get involved and try to have fun student life on campus.
The academics at Jewell are extremely prestigious. The professors are very knowledgable and give their students some of the coolest opportunities for undergrads.
Having finished my first semester, I can say so far William Jewell is an excellent college. I am in the Oxbridge program and have seen myself become more eager to learn. The teachers are kind and helpful. I love that the teachers know my name. My roommate is great and I study quite a bit.
The value of a degree from Jewell is extremely high. Graduate schools and employers think highly of their potential employees/students. They understand how difficult Jewell is.
Overall, Jewell is amazing. I wouldn't want to attend any other college.
Campus safety and student life are excellent
The buildings are old but they are functional and well kept. It is very "homey"
It is a good experience for individuals who are interested in Greek Life. I personally could not afford the dues to be in a sorority.
We do not have the most funding for our athletics. Funding is spent more so on academics.
I am over-the-top grateful for the professors and staff at this school. The biology program is so unique and allows students to publish research by the time they graduate. The teachers love their students, and go out of their way to make sure they succeed.
The academics on campus are great! If you get a high enough ACT score, you can apply for the Oxbridge Honors Program, which, if you qualify for, will allow you the chance to study at Oxford for an entire year. Even if you are unable to participate in Oxbridge, you still get an amazing education with small class sizes, meaning an easier time getting to speak to your professors.
The diversity on campus is amazing and widely accepted. I think the best thing is that during our orientation we do activities to ensure that we understand the diversity and welcome it with open arms.
Start Your Review of William Jewell College
I'm not going to lie and say it's not there at all, but I've honestly never seen no drugs, alcohol, or anything else.
With Jewell being so close to downtown Kansas City, we have a great opportunity as students and future alums to receive internships, jobs, and build networks becasue we went to Jewell.
Between the professors, classes, campus, and Greek life, I'm always very glad that I chose to go to Jewell.