COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Currently our fall semester is utilizing a hybrid approach with students on-campus and some virtual. We are not open to formal visits and tours at the moment but should students or families find themselves in the Williamsburg area our Admission Office vestibule is open 24/7 and has a self guided campus tour available. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeA
William & Mary is unlike any other university in America.
We’re the second oldest institution of higher education in the nation, but also a cutting-edge research university. We’re a "Public Ivy" — one of only eight in the nation — offering a world-class education at an exceptional value.
Our students are not only some of the smartest in the world, but passionate about serving others and serious about having fun. Our professors are teachers, scholars and research mentors, the cornerstone of a thriving intellectual community that produces experienced, engaged, successful graduates.
William & Mary Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.79 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.86 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.86 responses
Political Science and Government151 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities150 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching128 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology82 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.112 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.134 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.46 responses
William & Mary Reviews
Social life: Believe it actually somewhat of a party scene. For the most part you need to be in greek life but there are some open parties. They aren't to crazy more relaxed but they're pretty fun. Rushing is not intense and only a few fraternities do REAL pledging. The school is nerdy no doubt. Students are called TWAMPs (typical william and mary person).
Food: not as bad as people say (still not the best).. Sadler sucks but caf and marketplace are alright.
Housing: This really depends. For freshman there are some really nice places like Lemon but there are also some not so good places like GGV and Botetourt. In my freshman dorm (Botetourt) there were roaches, the shower had terrible pressure, and no AC. (Put Yates for ur first choice for freshman)