Willamette University Reviews

Excellent program for kinesiology. All programs have small class sizes at Willamette. The campus is very pretty in fall and spring.
Willamette is too white and too hipster and marginalizes communities that are already marginalized. As someone who is part Arab and part Armenian, but mainly identifies as Lebanese, Palestinian and Egyptian, Willamette is straight up racist. Someone wrote a paper about me riding a camel, someone erased the message of Free Palestine on my door, someone stood outside my room and yelled that Israel was legitimate.
Willamette is a beautiful campus. Salem isn't great but Portland is just an hour away, as is the coast or mountains. The student body is pretty motivated and diverse for the most part.
Start Your Review of Willamette University
I had a very good tour here. Willamette rewards good students with academic scholarships. It's a pretty campus with really nice students. There's a lot of ways to get involved even though it's a small campus.
I'm loving Willamette and my Econ major. Class sizes are intimate with excellent professors. We are challenged to be critical thinkers and the curriculum is constantly being updated to current world issues.
I really like the small class sizes because it creates a collaborative environment where you can get to know professors one-on-one and ask questions. I also really enjoy taking part in the Chamber Choir. The downside of Willamette is that Salem is not in the nicest place. It does not have much going on and it is hard to reach any place to go hiking or skiing from Willamette.
Willamette had provided a multitude of experiences that have completely changed my life. I have had the privilege of participating in athletics, working at the capital, and meeting several leaders that’s have expanded my worldview. While it is not perfect I would choose it again.
I visited Willamette and was very impressed. The campus is very peaceful and easy to navigate. Nice use of technology and enthusiastic professors. I'm not sure a small college is right for me but I can see why it works for others. The dorms were okay, food was pretty good.
I first found out about Willamette University when my school's choir was invited to attend multiple workshops and choral events hosted there. I began looking further into Willamette and went on a campus tour. The campus is beyond luxury, with incredible historical monuments, many different food courts to choose from, beautiful dorms, as well as many other necessities. The staff is thrilled to help you out on your college journey, and welcomes you with open arms. This is a school that focuses on you as an individual and meets your needs gladly.
I've enjoyed my classes immensely and thus far. The students are friendly and I've found professors to very personable. Salem is the right size city, big but still small town feel.
I enjoy the small classes, the fact that the professors are passionate about their subjects and care about their students, and the small size. I did not enjoy the fact that the majority of the budget cuts came at the students expense while the president was enjoying giant pay bonuses. The heating in the dorms is poor and the wifi is terrible. On the other hand, there are many resources available for students and the professors do their best to help their students succeed.
Gorgeous campus and Salem has everything you need. Just an hour to Portland or the beautiful Pacific coast. Everyone is very nice and the classes sizes are perfect.
Willamette has an excellent and provocative poli sci program. I've enjoyed my classes and connected with my professors and fellow students. The campus is beautiful though Salem leaves a lot to be desired.
I came to Willamette this year as a sophomore transfer from the East coast and I love everything about it. I feel as if you can really be accepted for who you are and the community is amazing along with the opportunities that you can take.
As someone who has grown up in Salem my whole life, I wasn't expecting to love Willamette as much as I do. However, I was surprised at how motivated students are, and how overly-involved students become (sometimes to a fault.) The Willamette community itself is pretty tight-knit, and it's very easy to get to know people. In general, you can walk into any room on campus and see at least 3 people you know, and 4-5 you don't, giving you a constant opportunity to meet new, friendly students. The professors are also incredibly dedicated and helpful with their time. WU also provides a lot of resources to students on campus, especially counseling services, safe ride services, and confidential EMT services. My only complaint is that the administration at this school is not nearly as connected to the community as other students or faculty are, and often bureaucracy slows down the process of what could be an incredible community for growth, opportunity, and inclusivity.
Love my classes so far, they are the perfect size and my professors are great. I love the campus too
I've met so many great people here. The students are motivated, professors are engaging and all the staff I've dealt with are passionate about their work. It's a very pretty campus but the food is not good, at all, and Salem has been a real disappointment. Portland or the beach is just an hour away though so no excuse not to escape when you can.
Start Your Review of Willamette University
Small class sizes are helpful and faculty are excellent. However, upper-level classes close too quickly, denying access to qualified underclassmen.
The athletic community is the most valuable part of Willamette University to me, personally. Academically, I find many classes to end up discussing the same liberal issues, which I believe limits my education to a certain scope of thought.
This college is really what you make of it. I'm sure that's a sentiment that others will share as well.

Here's what's up. Salem is not a very safe or exciting city, but that isn't incredibly important as the vast majority of student life is contained within a mile bubble from campus. We call it the "Willamette Bubble". You can do just about anything you can dream of as long as you're persistent and dedicated here. The vast majority of campus is very intelligent, competent, and articulate. That being said, there's a lot of extremely wealthy students that may come off as elitist. There are those who are rich and humble. This university's generous financial aid programs help out those who struggle.
There is a sense of responsibility for social issues on campus which is often productive, but unfortunately a noticeable section of the student body is hyper-liberal and somewhat unprofessional. There are still those who are sensible and can get real social progress done despite this.