Willamette is an above-average private university located in Salem, Oregon. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,901 undergraduate students. The Willamette acceptance rate is 89%. Popular majors include Biology, Economics, and Political Science and Government. Graduating 73% of students, Willamette alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $33,500.
NCAA Division III (with football)
Willamette University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.74 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.82 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.35 responses
Willamette University Reviews
The professors and classes are absolutely worth it! Every class had students who were there to learn, professors who taught their content awesomely, and a generally great atmosphere.
WU has a beautiful campus, the student body is very friendly, but it’s quite obvious that this is a private education for those with wealthy families. The students are mostly white, with some international students sprinkled in. There is a law school and business school as well. The campus is literally across the street from the capitol, which is beneficial for those interested in politics. Salem is a growing city but they are still struggling with income disparity and housing costs. Only an hour from Portland or Eugene. Amazing wineries both in Salem and 15 minutes away in any direction. Two hours from the beach, which means an easy day trip.
I love Willamette! The professors here are very committed to student success, but the other students are also so involved in activities for student success, that it feels like a very cohesive community.