Wilkes University Reviews

I love the atmosphere of Wilkes University. The faculty, staff and students are all very nice and welcoming. That was a big part in deciding which school I wanted to attend, and I'm glad I chose Wilkes. The professors are dedicated to helping you succeed. There are fun events on campus pretty often, so it's not boring and you do not need to go home every weekend.
I'm currently working through the graduate admissions process for Wilkes University. The staff has been immensely supportive in providing additional information in regards to financial aid and private scholarships/loans. They've done an amazing job personalizing the experience although I'm sure they have a myriad of applicants to their MBA program each year.
Wilkes is an amazing science school that offers a lot of opportunities and experiences for students looking to go above and beyond. It is not the best for the average college experience as everyone here is pretty studious or an underachiever.
Start Your Review of Wilkes University
I liked how the professors were very helpful when i went to the open house and they answered all my questions
Wilkes Barre has been a grand place to grow up and to start a family. There is an abundance of resources and things to do. Downtown has become really elegant, and the diversity is marvelous. It has a tendency to be cheap in real-estate, and sometimes lacks culture in population, but the commute of Wilkes Barre itself often makes up for that.
There’s good and bad that comes with this school but definetly more good. The education is great, but the surrounding area is a ghetto. This school would be much more enjoyable if it was in a better area but overall is a good time and good education.
A small school with a great sense of community. This school maybe small but also has big opportunities. The location is sometimes scary but only 2 hours from NYC and Philly.
Wilkes offers a high class education with dedicated staff and faculty. The professors are always available for outside of class help, and most of the professors try their best to make a relationship with each student. The campus is beautiful and constantly undergoing new development and improvement. Connecting with campus is seamless as each club and program is more than willing to accept new team members to help organize events and bring out the colonel spirit. The events and programs on campus are almost all student lead and developed, so all of the events benefit students of all backgrounds and interests. There is always something to do on the weekends, and if nothing interests you specifically, their is always an opportunity for you to organize an event to reach out to students with the same interest; all with the support of whatever club/organization you choose to go through. The campus is all about expanding its influence into the community and helping those in need.
I would like to see the quality of food change in the dining hall. I hate eating there and it doesn't help when you are trying to eat healthy. I wish their food service would change for the better.
Wilkes advertises that there are many clubs and activities to do on campus but it is pretty boring. Some professors are not personable.
Absolutely love the campus as a whole. There needs to be improvements with advisors working with you but overall professors are great and the people are all very friendly.
Wilkes University is very costly; however, I enjoy attending this small school with many highly qualified professors. Overall, I enjoy the university.
Wilkes offers educational opportunities that many other universities do not. Class sizes are smaller on average and there are more opportunities for hands-on experience. If you put effort in, your professors will know you by name and help you out in many ways, even outside of the standard curriculum. I received a lot of valuable insight and feedback that aided me greatly after I graduated. They may not have the level of equipment as larger universities, but, chances are, you'll get to use what they have and gain meaningful experience from it. My first two years were at a much larger university, but I credit my current career position to my experience at Wilkes in my junior and senior years.
Wilkes university is a great college in the area, it is very close to home if you live near it and it is a great environment to study and desire a higher education.
My professors are really patient with their students and they offer help to those who need it. The campus is really nice, the students here are really friendly and the dorms are nice. I would recommend other to attend Wilkes
The application process was very well explained, and whoever you call with questions are very helpful. The campus is very pretty and well kept, and there is always a new project going on to improve the campus.
Wilkes University has helped me extremely with putting my schedule together to financial aid always having an answer to my questions.
Start Your Review of Wilkes University
I liked the unique opportunities I was granted as a member of the honors program, such as special access to Vice President Joe Biden's campus visit and the chance to visit the United Nations for MSME Day.
Wilkes is a small school but with big opportunities. The school may not be well known for being diverse, but I think it's slowly progressing to be there! The professors here (other than the chemistry professors) are willing to help you succeed in what ever you plan to do and I am glad that most of them know me by my name rather than the color of my tee shirt. What I also like about Wilkes is the amount of tutoring is available for a lot of the courses the school has to offer and their campus food isn't all that bad compared to other universities.
School isn't that bad, some areas outside of campus are sketchy. The parking is awful because there is never any spots. The cafeteria food almost always sucks. The professors are okay.