Wilkes University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities67 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering53 Graduates
Business Administration and Management51 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies41 Graduates
Environmental Engineering23 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.28 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.53 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses
Wilkes University Reviews
Wilkes offers a high class education with dedicated staff and faculty. The professors are always available for outside of class help, and most of the professors try their best to make a relationship with each student. The campus is beautiful and constantly undergoing new development and improvement. Connecting with campus is seamless as each club and program is more than willing to accept new team members to help organize events and bring out the colonel spirit. The events and programs on campus are almost all student lead and developed, so all of the events benefit students of all backgrounds and interests. There is always something to do on the weekends, and if nothing interests you specifically, their is always an opportunity for you to organize an event to reach out to students with the same interest; all with the support of whatever club/organization you choose to go through. The campus is all about expanding its influence into the community and helping those in need.
Wilkes is a small school but with big opportunities. The school may not be well known for being diverse, but I think it's slowly progressing to be there! The professors here (other than the chemistry professors) are willing to help you succeed in what ever you plan to do and I am glad that most of them know me by my name rather than the color of my tee shirt. What I also like about Wilkes is the amount of tutoring is available for a lot of the courses the school has to offer and their campus food isn't all that bad compared to other universities.
Many unique and interesting students can be found on campus at Wilkes, and the vast majority of them are friendly and welcoming to others. The professors do their best to find new ways to make lessons fun to encourage learning and they are always open to help those who need it, even if their issue is not related to academics. However, the expenses can run a bit high. Also, while there are thousands of great people to meet, a handful of less-than-nice people can still be found, though usually you don't need to worry about them.