Wilkes-Barre Area CTC - Nursing is a public college located in Plains Township, Pennsylvania in the Scranton Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 165 undergraduate students. The Wilkes-Barre Area CTC - Nursing acceptance rate is 100%. The only major offered is Licensed Practical Nurse Training (LPN). Wilkes-Barre Area CTC - Nursing alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,800.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Considered but not required
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center - Practical Nursing
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Colleges like Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center - Practical Nursing
- NGLenape Tech Practical Nursing Program
- 2 Year
- Ford City, PA
- 1 review
- NGJefferson Regional Medical Center School of Nursing
- 2 Year
- Pine Bluff, AR
- 4 reviews
- NGWatts School of Nursing
- 2 Year
- Durham, NC
- 20 reviews
- NGJFK Muhlenberg Harold B. & Dorothy A. Snyder Schools - School of Nursing
- 2 Year
- Plainfield, NJ
- 33 reviews
Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center - Practical Nursing Reviews
I love how it allows you to finish a nursing program in one year. The teachers are great and it is a hard program but you have to be determined to go here. The one thing I am not so fond of is how unorganized the school staff is when it comes to letting us know of days off, orders we have made, financial aid situations. There is just a lot of lack of communication that makes things difficult.
The zoom classes are great and not pre recorded. They do offer pre- recorded lectures though which can make in class easier if you miss something.
Kindness Rubs Off – The faculty is so willing to help you however they can. There always trying to make you feel at ease but at the same time are strict to make you become a better student as well as a nurse.