Wilberforce University Reviews

Wilberforce University has made me more hungry, and competitive than ever before! I am from Detroit, MI, as If that Isn't already enough. This University has molded me into a bright light that will shine, through any and every dark day the world has to offer. I highly recommend Wilberforce for It's academic teachings, historical teachings, beliefs, values, and family oriented campus.
The academic experience is good the teachers will help you to pass they won't let an y of their student fall if you come to class or turn work in they there no point of coming to college now my first semester living was so terrible it was like we lived in a jail dorm it was to small for two people to live in there now the up then our power and water keep going out so we had go to class dorms are until we left to go home for winter break now food experience is terrible its like dps school lunch we don't variety of food like other colleges the campus is small it dont look like a normal college campus
I Love All My Professors. They Are Amazing. I Love How Small The Campus Is And I Love That I Have A Family Here!
Start Your Review of Wilberforce University
Love the overall encouragement of the faculty and staff. Employment placement lacking. Unfortunately, many employers are not canvassing New graduates. You more than likely have to invest in Graduate studies in order to afford standard living. However, if your already connected with an employer in an established firm you will excel.
I love The fact that it’s the first private HBCU in America, but it’s very poorly funded. The Alumni should invest more in their HBCU and strive for it to get greater and better each year instead each year everyone graduates they just leave little ol WU behind. But nevertheless Wilberforce IS in a renaissance and will be GREAT again!
This university needs help recently I transfeeed because I was not sure safety.It need help from staff all the way down to the buildings and education.I would not recommend this college to any student.Barely any sports not a real college experience.
I, all and all, have enjoyed the experiences and memories that I
have come to acquired and made over the course of me attending this university in the last two year. This school has a positive vibe within the school campus, the faculty along with the student body operate as a family. Most importantly, people enjoy attending and indulging themselves within this intuition. Nevertheless, this university has major room for improvement in regards of campus life ranging all the way to student life. In any case, my stay at Wilberforce has allowed me to grow beyond imagine. I honestly can say I am a better version of myself prior to attending Wilberforce University.
I am a first-year college student and my overall experience at Wilberforce University is amazing. I enjoy the school very much. The professors are really hands-on with the students and really take the time to work with each student. I enjoy the fact that campus is really small and the classes being small because I get to have a closer relationship with my professors. Since I have been there I have gotten the opportunity to have better relationships with the majority of my professors. Academic wise I understand the criteria really well. Athletics overall is great. I am living comfortably in the housing, I am always safe, Campus food is alright it could be better but no complaints and student life is great. I enjoy seeing different people from different areas and getting to know them.
I like the fact that we're able to communicate with are professors without them being to busy. I would like for the organization to change, in my opinion this school is very unorganized.
Based off my own personal experience with Wilberforce University I can truly say its been a constant improvement in the 3 going on 4 years I have been there not only is it the first historical HBCU but a great one at that and very family orientated vibe and campus life to go along with its good academics.
I loved almost just about everything at wilberforce it was like a family environment all my teachers cared all the staff cared made me feel at home i would just like to see a change in food in the cafe
Wilberforce University may be out dated, but the history is there! Walking through the halls I just feel the connection with the students who first attended when Wilberforce University first opened back in 1856 and the historical power behind it, it makes he feel empowered like I hold my head high when I speak about it, People will ask me "What school donyoy attend" and I say "Wilberforce University " and they give me a look and I respond to that by saying "what? My school was the first historical black private university in America, where do you attend?" Many many amazing black icons have attended Wilberforce and have made an impact on the world and I plan on doing the same, Bulldog Until I die!!
My overall experience at My University was wonderful, everything is free spirited, full of joy and comfort. My University is quite diverse and ver welcoming to all it shares its support and love with. Im grateful to be such a scholar that has a very high standard University that has my back.
What I like the most about Wilberforce University is that it's a small university. Being that I have been in small private schools my whole life, I wanted to attend a university with that same feel. The professors are easy to relate with and they show you how much they care about you by checking on you and making sure you are striving to do your best. The students are easy to get along with as well.
Wilberforce is a HBCU, which means a HISTROCAIL Black College. The school its self is small but the education is amazing. The teacher's really do care about you and want to see you gradate. The staff is very friendly for the most part, you will have your view who aren't but that is everywhere. The sport's well there isn't that mean but I would love to see more and hopefully more things to do on campus. Even though it is a small school it does come with it Task. One of those task is you will have to stay on top of things such as your Finical Aid, scholarship's and Homework.
Students have high career goals at my Historically Black College/University! This degree will be more important than any other one from any other institution, especially with a masters behind it.
In the beginning professors are always stern, and strict. Throughout the school year they seem to become friendly, and willing to engage in conversations outside of the classroom. Class sizes are manageable, Quality of courses aren't hard once you actually out in the effort to understand whats going on, and take the time out to do what needs to be done. Class styles vary! They cater to students who learn in any way, rather its visual, or hands on. The variety of classes aren't as wide as they should be.
Start Your Review of Wilberforce University
Campus police are friendly, easy to get a hold of, and does a good job at doing whats best for students.
Campus life is convenient! It's close to classes, and gives you the knowledge of knowing how to encourage high scholastic's, and ethical standards on a more personal level. Campus also life promotes unity, and friendship. It services the life's that are at hand, and allows everyone to see the importance of maintaining a progressive interest in college life.
Greek life isn't as important as it should be. Students aren't understanding that history behind it! There's so much respect that should be given, that's misplaced on campus. Those who are apart, and even those who aren't apart understand that Greek life could use expansion. We're missing Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. along with Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc. I think these are two of the most active organizations that I've come across world wide, and it's unfortunate that our campus isn't being able to benefit from what these two organizations could bring.