Widener University Reviews

I like widener university for its academics and all the fun activities there. The campus food is average and I would like to see more variety of options.
What I liked about Widener University is how everyone comes together as a community when it comes to supporting one another. I love the Psychology Department and how the faculty works with the students to get where they need to go on their journey through college. One thing I would like to see change is the respect of the environment on campus when it comes to the community walking on campus grounds. I did not appreciate last semester the kids trying to enter one of the dorms and running up and down the stairs of the dorm building as well as smoking on the campus when it is smoke-free then wiping the ashes on the side of the building. I have witness children pulling out the planted flowers that Widener plants during the spring time. I have heard the children of Chester throwing rocks at students or trying to mug them. I have seen children disrupt the activities that go on for organizations by going through the Lower Level Lounge.
The school has a lot of clubs and programs that appeal to many of the students on the campus. Programs such as the Black student union are offered on the campus. Some changes in the college would be the dorms. some of them aren't that good because some are used by old buildings on the campus.
Start Your Review of Widener University
Overall my experience with Widener University has been good. I enjoy the programs and organizations they have to offer as well as the relationships I have built.
Widener have given me so many opportunities I would not have gotten anywhere else! I'm so happy I made the decision to further my education here.
I loved the people I met there. I like all the extra curricular activities I was involved with, including Greek life! It was a very supportive, and motivational academic environment to be part of.
Widener is the perfect school for me. The campus is beautiful and all classes are within a 5 minute walk. It's a smaller school but big enough to the point where you will never know everyone (about 3K undergraduates). Widener has taught me so much in the classroom but has also given me so much opportunity to grow as a person. I've become a better person but also a much more confident one. I wouldn't trade my experience here for anything, and I am forever indebted to this Universtiy.
This college is what I was hoping college would be like. This is a beautiful campus. Everyone is helpful including the upperclassmen. Staff is also helpful.
There are so many clubs to get involved with. Professors are very nice and helpful. This is my first year and I am so glad that I chose Widener University.
So far, it has not been overwhelming. I am very pleased with Widener.
I hated it. I was in the nursing programs. What school gives 7 high credit classes to freshman the first semester?
Widener is a warm and welcoming community that provides one-on-one interactions with professors and staff.
I love Widener University. So many resources to help you be successful and guidance. The campus is beautiful and well kept. Campus safety is always around so you always feel safe. Could have better food and AC in dorms. Not much diversity on campus, but as an African American, I never feel segregated or like a target.
A great to school to feel like you're a part of a community. Athletics are a big part of the campus. If you don't do any sports there are clubs and intermural sports. The school is small but keeps added.. trying to add a drama department soon. The voluntary co-op program is unique to Widener.
Widener is a school where you have to become involved. I am involved in Greek Life, this allowed me to give back to the community, raise money for different organizations, and develop friendships I would have never developed before. The classes are small, helping me learn from my teachers and connect with them. The teachers are always there to help you and I can go to there office whenever to get help with different assignments. People on campus are so friendly and I am able to be involved with different groups on campus.
I am currently a student attending Widener University and my experience so far has been quite average. Like most colleges, you pay way too much for education and the food is just terrible. Other than the food being sickeningly terrible, I must say that I truly do stay at this school because of the amazing professors, major programs, and student life. I have just previously participated in the Habitat for Humanities alternative spring break program through my school and it was a life changing experience. In the one year I have attended Widener University, I have learned more than I ever have in my life time.
I believe that this college shaped me into the person I have become now, the teachers really helped me with my career path and helped guide me to become greater.
This was the BEST experience ever! The School and Classes are small and focus on the individual. All of my classes applied to my work, and the professors are very responsive.

This school is a diamond in the rough!
The time schedule for some lectures are very conflicting especially for a commuter who takes public transit. I commute everyday to school and ever since sophomore year, I have had to take some courses at 8:00am. This no fun when you have to wake up at least 5:30am in order to make it to school for class on time. I do not live far away it is just that some buses and trains do not run as quickly around 6:00-6:30am in the morning.
Start Your Review of Widener University
I am currently attending Widener University as a freshman. I like the campus itself. It is a small, beautiful campus. Also I like the classes being offered and how small each class is so that I am able to get one on one meetings with professors. All the professors are extremely helpful if you ever need their help with the courses. Also the campus is very diverse and since its small, you get to know everybody and are able to make connections whenever you need.
Everyone here is great, from the professors to the coaches. Campus size is perfect, facilities are great, class sizes are small.
It is a nice campus in a bad location. Some professors are helpful, some aren't. You just have to figure out who the good ones are. The cafeteria food is pretty awful, but there's other options too. On campus housing is way too expensive.