Widener University Reviews

My first year at Widener has provided me with a great education experience as well as valuable life lessons. I would like to thank my parents for providing me with guidance and support which has allowed me to be prepared for this chapter of my life. I have been able to excel in the classroom, Athletics and with campus life. The Widener staff does a fantastic job of making sure that each student believes in his or abilities to succeed. My grandfather passed away just prior to me attending my Freshman year. He always told me, believe in yourself first and others will see your confidence. This message is how Live my life each day at Widener University.
I will be returning in the fall asa sophomore nursing major. I chose Widener because of its outstanding nursing program and its state of the art sim labs.
I enjoy Widener because of its small size and dedication to personal attention. As a private school, Widener does have a high price tag.
Start Your Review of Widener University
I love the atmosphere and how welcoming everyone is on campus. I enjoy the small class sizes because you really get to know your professors personally and they want the best for you. There are definitely many things to get involved in and there's always something to do!
I love Widener. The minute I toured the campus my junior year in high school I knew it was the environment for me. I went back several times to be positive I was making the right decision, and every time I returned it got even better. The population of Widener is also what makes everyday better. The people I have met impacted my life greatly, especially the amazing professors. From taking a trip to Costa Rica with the Biology department, to finally helping me decide to want to pursue nursing, everyone has been incredibly helpful. I couldn't ask for a better education or environment for myself to be in.
It gets to be more fun once you figure out how to get involved on campus. The food is ok but I wish there were healthier options. Some teachers are amazing and others are just absolutely terrible. There is not a lot of school spirit for things such as football but everyone gets excited for homecoming and bingo. Beautiful campus but it sometimes smells like sewage in random spots.
Widener University is a great school to attend; however, there is not much to do on campus or around campus.
I really do enjoy Widener. They have a lot of resources for students. Yet I wish the area was nicer.
Widener University is an incredible school, specifically the School of Nursing; It is a world renowned program. With that said, it is one of the most difficult programs. You must have incredible passion and motivation to be successful in nursing. Widener's atmosphere is supportive and light-hearted. Everyone here supports each other. Widener also offers an immense list of clubs and activities, including a student nurse association, student government, student life, etc. There is always something to do here. The nursing staff is also incredible. Every single professor is here to aid you in your studies. I have not had a bad experience with any nursing professor, and some have even become friends.
This school is a good fit for me. I enjoy the learning environment as well as the social environment. Widener is a great school for nursing majors, which is why I chose to go here over any other school. Yes, the classes are challenging, but to be a nurse your work has to be extraordinary.
Widener is really great! The nursing program is amazing and the staff is so helpful. The program allows you to interact with your peers as well as the surrounding community with different assignments and volunteer work. It is so easy to get involved here as well. Everyone is very nice and welcomes you with open arms. This is my home away from home!
I like the online format and being able to interact and form networks with individuals from other states. I especially enjoy the convenience of being able to attend class around my work and personal life schedules.
Some professors need to be monitored. Food sucks. Campus activities are fun. Do not be an RA. some good proffesors but some should be fired immediatly. Some housing is very expensive, res. life treats you like 5 year olds. They will search your rooms for no reason and try to get you in trouble.
What I like about Widener is the faculty. Everyone at Widener is willing to help one another out, and look out for each other. Widener brings happiness and comfort for students and teachers. Teachers willing to stay extra hours for the help and need for the students. Thats why I love Widener.
I transferred from Widener from community college and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. Although I made the best of it, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else as it is terrible in every regard. The academics are awful. My high school AP courses were both more challenging and more enriching. I also found that my AP high school teachers were, on average, brighter and more engaging than the professors at Widener University. There are a few really amazing professors at Widener, just as there is at any college, but the majority of professors are just awful.

While I enjoyed my time with my frat, the social life is lacking as the school cracks down so hard on the party scene in a strange attempt to overwrite it's previous reputation as a great party school (and yes, it used to be a great party school) despite the fact that almost anyone could graduate from their university while half asleep. With terrible academics and no party scene, what's the point of attending the school?
My experience at Widener University has been amazing so far. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly. Widener makes sure that everyone feels like they belong there. They are extremely helpful for students who are of financial need. The professors are wonderful and they make sure you actually learn what is being taught.
Widener is a great school to find your comfort zone and get involved. Also, the faculty is very engaging and always willing to help.
Start Your Review of Widener University
I am taking an online MSW program and I quite enjoy it and the work is very fulfilling and enlightening. The teachers are great.
Amazing nursing program and awesome civic engagement programs. The nursing staff have presented me with multiple job opportunities. The civic engagement team has broadened my leadership skills. The university has taught me so much, academically and internally. It is shaping me into an adult and providing perfect opportunities to prepare me for the future.
the professors worked very well with students and are very encouraging when it comes to research. Students are also very friendly