Widener University Reviews

I really do enjoy Widener. They have a lot of resources for students. Yet I wish the area was nicer.
Widener University is an incredible school, specifically the School of Nursing; It is a world renowned program. With that said, it is one of the most difficult programs. You must have incredible passion and motivation to be successful in nursing. Widener's atmosphere is supportive and light-hearted. Everyone here supports each other. Widener also offers an immense list of clubs and activities, including a student nurse association, student government, student life, etc. There is always something to do here. The nursing staff is also incredible. Every single professor is here to aid you in your studies. I have not had a bad experience with any nursing professor, and some have even become friends.
This school is a good fit for me. I enjoy the learning environment as well as the social environment. Widener is a great school for nursing majors, which is why I chose to go here over any other school. Yes, the classes are challenging, but to be a nurse your work has to be extraordinary.
Start Your Review of Widener University
Widener is really great! The nursing program is amazing and the staff is so helpful. The program allows you to interact with your peers as well as the surrounding community with different assignments and volunteer work. It is so easy to get involved here as well. Everyone is very nice and welcomes you with open arms. This is my home away from home!
I like the online format and being able to interact and form networks with individuals from other states. I especially enjoy the convenience of being able to attend class around my work and personal life schedules.
Some professors need to be monitored. Food sucks. Campus activities are fun. Do not be an RA. some good proffesors but some should be fired immediatly. Some housing is very expensive, res. life treats you like 5 year olds. They will search your rooms for no reason and try to get you in trouble.
What I like about Widener is the faculty. Everyone at Widener is willing to help one another out, and look out for each other. Widener brings happiness and comfort for students and teachers. Teachers willing to stay extra hours for the help and need for the students. Thats why I love Widener.
I transferred from Widener from community college and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. Although I made the best of it, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else as it is terrible in every regard. The academics are awful. My high school AP courses were both more challenging and more enriching. I also found that my AP high school teachers were, on average, brighter and more engaging than the professors at Widener University. There are a few really amazing professors at Widener, just as there is at any college, but the majority of professors are just awful.

While I enjoyed my time with my frat, the social life is lacking as the school cracks down so hard on the party scene in a strange attempt to overwrite it's previous reputation as a great party school (and yes, it used to be a great party school) despite the fact that almost anyone could graduate from their university while half asleep. With terrible academics and no party scene, what's the point of attending the school?
My experience at Widener University has been amazing so far. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly. Widener makes sure that everyone feels like they belong there. They are extremely helpful for students who are of financial need. The professors are wonderful and they make sure you actually learn what is being taught.
Widener is a great school to find your comfort zone and get involved. Also, the faculty is very engaging and always willing to help.
I am taking an online MSW program and I quite enjoy it and the work is very fulfilling and enlightening. The teachers are great.
Amazing nursing program and awesome civic engagement programs. The nursing staff have presented me with multiple job opportunities. The civic engagement team has broadened my leadership skills. The university has taught me so much, academically and internally. It is shaping me into an adult and providing perfect opportunities to prepare me for the future.
the professors worked very well with students and are very encouraging when it comes to research. Students are also very friendly
As a first year student, I really like how "homey" campus feels. Living on campus is great. This school focuses a lot on the sciences, Nursing and Engineering, and if any of those field are not your cup of tea, I wouldn't recommend it to you. Widener has many different clubs, and activities students can join, and if there's not a club that you see, you can create your own with your friends. The academics are very good, challenging at the beginning but you'll get used to it.
I like widener university for its academics and all the fun activities there. The campus food is average and I would like to see more variety of options.
What I liked about Widener University is how everyone comes together as a community when it comes to supporting one another. I love the Psychology Department and how the faculty works with the students to get where they need to go on their journey through college. One thing I would like to see change is the respect of the environment on campus when it comes to the community walking on campus grounds. I did not appreciate last semester the kids trying to enter one of the dorms and running up and down the stairs of the dorm building as well as smoking on the campus when it is smoke-free then wiping the ashes on the side of the building. I have witness children pulling out the planted flowers that Widener plants during the spring time. I have heard the children of Chester throwing rocks at students or trying to mug them. I have seen children disrupt the activities that go on for organizations by going through the Lower Level Lounge.
The school has a lot of clubs and programs that appeal to many of the students on the campus. Programs such as the Black student union are offered on the campus. Some changes in the college would be the dorms. some of them aren't that good because some are used by old buildings on the campus.
Start Your Review of Widener University
Overall my experience with Widener University has been good. I enjoy the programs and organizations they have to offer as well as the relationships I have built.
Widener have given me so many opportunities I would not have gotten anywhere else! I'm so happy I made the decision to further my education here.
I loved the people I met there. I like all the extra curricular activities I was involved with, including Greek life! It was a very supportive, and motivational academic environment to be part of.