- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade C minus
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade C minus
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade C minus
- Student Lifegrade B minus
- Safetygrade B minus
At Widener University, you'll take the inside track to a powerful career.
Learn from industry-shaping faculty who make your success their priority. Pursue multiple internships in your field, complete a paid co-op, and launch into a research project with your favorite professor. Make Widener your second home and take advantage of everything our suburban Philadelphia campus has to offer: access to rich job opportunities, networks of accomplished professionals, world-renowned attractions, and historic suburbs.
When you graduate, you won't just start your career. You'll continue the work you've been doing all along. It all starts here.
Widener University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 68 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing167 Graduates
- Psychology68 Graduates
- Medical Assistant47 Graduates
- Business46 Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering41 Graduates
- Accounting40 Graduates
- Biology29 Graduates
- Civil Engineering27 Graduates
- Communications27 Graduates
- Information Science25 Graduates
Robotics Engineering Major at Widener University
The first of its kind in the mid-Atlantic region, our robotics engineering program will put you on the inside track to a breakthrough career. Conduct research with powerhouse professors. Participate in nationwide robotics competitions. Gain real-world experience through a paid, year-long co-op—and still graduate in four years. At Widener, you'll launch your robotics career before you graduate.
- Friendly and smart44%
- Studious-depends who you who are talking to10%
- Half-Applying Themselves4%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 74 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 82 responses
- GO PRIDE!36%
- Civic Engagement2%
- Difficult socially2%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 39 responses
Widener University Reviews
Most universities give you a chance to live off campus after a year and pick the meal plan that works best for you after your freshman year. Not Widener, their administration is inflexible & will make you pay for their expensive unlimited meal plan even if you have medical issues that require a special diet. They are more interested in their own profits then the well being of their students.
Making matters worse the school is located around the dangerous city of Chester so you can't really walk off campus to get food since the area is unsafe. I personally felt trapped at Widener's campus since I was forced to exclusively live & eat there. So I am transferring to another College that will allow me some more personal freedoms you would expect to be given as a student.
My overall network of people has increased. I am finishing my sophomore year at Widener University in the spring. I am an Residence of Life Assistance I like that Widener University is a diverse college. My professors are really helpful with the lessons. All my associate within the college are very supportive.