Widener University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Middle Atlantic Conferences
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.63 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
Medical Assistant42 Graduates
Business Administration and Management41 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering39 Graduates
Civil Engineering34 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration23 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.69 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.38 responses
Widener University Reviews
Widener University is an incredible school, specifically the School of Nursing; It is a world renowned program. With that said, it is one of the most difficult programs. You must have incredible passion and motivation to be successful in nursing. Widener's atmosphere is supportive and light-hearted. Everyone here supports each other. Widener also offers an immense list of clubs and activities, including a student nurse association, student government, student life, etc. There is always something to do here. The nursing staff is also incredible. Every single professor is here to aid you in your studies. I have not had a bad experience with any nursing professor, and some have even become friends.
My first year at Widener has provided me with a great education experience as well as valuable life lessons. I would like to thank my parents for providing me with guidance and support which has allowed me to be prepared for this chapter of my life. I have been able to excel in the classroom, Athletics and with campus life. The Widener staff does a fantastic job of making sure that each student believes in his or abilities to succeed. My grandfather passed away just prior to me attending my Freshman year. He always told me, believe in yourself first and others will see your confidence. This message is how Live my life each day at Widener University.
I love Widener. The minute I toured the campus my junior year in high school I knew it was the environment for me. I went back several times to be positive I was making the right decision, and every time I returned it got even better. The population of Widener is also what makes everyday better. The people I have met impacted my life greatly, especially the amazing professors. From taking a trip to Costa Rica with the Biology department, to finally helping me decide to want to pursue nursing, everyone has been incredibly helpful. I couldn't ask for a better education or environment for myself to be in.