Wichita State University Reviews

1,300 reviews
Recently attended a college visit and fell in love with the school and campus. Will be attending fall of 2018.
Wichita State is a very wholesome school and has great and hardworking people for staff. Unfortunately because the administrators are putting all of the construction down building after building, the fees increased a ridiculous amount and its only to reach the break even point for the cost of the construction going on.
I liked the diversity at Wichita State University. Otherwise my experience was horrible. Mostly with my student adviser and the administration office. Most of my teachers were good at their job and easy to understand.
Review Wichita State University
I love the campus. WIchita state university has many clubs and organizations for all interests. The academics are good and the overall campus life is average.
The campus is beautiful. There is always something going on, landscaping is beautiful, students are friendly and fun.
This is the worst school. Don't waste your time or money. The school has turned into a business where the administration is corrupt and only self-interested. The cost to attend is swelling and the value of the education and experience does not even match the price tag.
I liked Wichita State for it's great general education classes, it's new engineering facilities, and it's large selection of clubs/groups to join. I was dissapointed with it's research value in the engineering department. I did not like the engineering core courses, but once into my program the classes were great.
Professors and advisors are all helpful. Offer many undergrad programs that help you apply for jobs for when you graduate, or to just build your resume for grad/nursing/med/ etc. There are many opportunities to get involved. There are 200 clubs and organizations one can join and its easy to start a club if none interest you. The school itself is amazingly diverse. You can induldge in other cultures and traditions by meeting the many people on campus.
Starting out my first few years have been a culture shock. I met alot of new people. Was introduced to numerous clubs. I like that I am trying out new things. Being friends with the teachers and asking questions for anything you don't understand helps alot.
The University is great without the need add so many things to it at the expense the students. Stop increasing tuition at am.exponential rate!
Wichita State University is a very updated school. This school cares a lot about informing the incoming Freshman about what to expect, how to cope, everything about campus, and how to get involved. WSU is a very diverse campus and they encourage students to get out of their comfort zones and make new friends. They encourage students to join/make a club or go to sporting events or other simple events held on campus.
I like the growing community at Wichita State, and the renovated RSC is a great place to connect with fellow students. The advisors I've had have all been very helpful in getting me to the point where I need to be to graduate soon. I would recommend WSU to other people looking to explore their education. However, I would like to see more options in the Audio/Visual department.
It's a beautiful but not located in the best area of Wichita but we make the best of it. The campus isn't super big which is nice because it is easy to get to classes across campus. They just built new dorms which are the nicest ones I've seen. Also the teachers I've had so far have all been pretty good, some I like better than other but still a quality learning environment.
Wichita State University is rapidly growing each year, be it in its academic ways and involvement opportunities on campus. It still has a long ways to go before being able to provide the stereotypical college life experience, but it is well on its way. Wichita State has great professors, learning opportunities and a friendly campus life.
I really liked their freshmen orientation. They really helped you get oriented with the campus and feel comfortable enough for your first day. the transition mentors were kind and could answer all my questions and if they could not they made sure they found someone who could help me.
I really support this college, it is an amazing institution. The campus is full of resources that are available not only to students, but to the surrounding community as well. This college is very involved in the community, which I find to be a very uplifting thing to involve oneself in.
I really like Wichita State University. The campus isn't too big and the tuition isn't too expensive. There is so much diversity. It's amazing to learn about so many different cultures there. The professors truly care about their students.
Review Wichita State University
If you are not big on the party scene, but want to get good interships and have good experiences at college basketball games than WSU is the place for you.
Wichita State University is more than I could of ever asked for! The campus is absolutely beautiful. It's extremely cozy and just feels like home! The campus life is rapidly improving, along with new facilities which is creating buzz among the students. The basketball team is doing amazing for the last couple years which creates a sense pride that is unmatched. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and fair. It's safe to say that Wichita State University is up and coming and already is one of the best schools in the region!
Wichita State is a good school that helps students make goals and are helpful. However I don't feel as if all professors are good enough teachers but I have had a couple good professors who are helpful and want there students to be successful. The campus life is changing and growing very rapidly. There are many changes going on from the student union, new academic buildings and a new student work out facility. The sports teams have been moved onto a new conference. The city around the school is also growing with new roads, buildings, hotels and apartments being built downtown. There is a lot of change occurring in the city of Wichita.