Wichita State University Reviews

1,372 reviews
I came to WSU for a second bachelor's in Nursing. The prereq classes were so easy I was really surprised. Nursing school is difficult but totally doable if you work on it every day. however, I feel like the accelerated program is not very organized. In the end, I'm going to get my RN and that is all that matters to me at the moment.
So far I have had an incredibly welcoming and inclusive experience at Wichita state. I have been involved with the Student Ambassador Society, Student Government Association, fine arts Glee Chorus, Honors student Council, Delta Gamma Sorority, and am the president of the Green Group environmental club on campus. I have gotten to meet many incredible leaders in these organizations, and I have found myself being pushed into uncomfortable growing periods that were necessary to my success. I love the diversity we have here at WSU, and I can always find a helping hand whenever I reach out. There are a multitude of resources available to students, like free tutoring, plenty of quiet study spaces, free admission to sports and fine arts events, and with over 300 organizations, plenty of places to belong! I hope everyone gets the chance to feel so at home in their university as I have at WSU.
Great school to attend. I made the right choice transferring here! The staff is friendly and helpful. I know I can be successful at this school.
Start Your Review of Wichita State University
There is a lot of diversity at Wichita State University. I met many people through the classes I took and shared thoughts about life and school. The teachers that I took classes with are easy to talk to and they were so much help.
I would like for Wichita State to have a Master of Science in Computer Engineering program.
My overall experience as a graduate student at WSU has been phenomenal! I would love to see tuition be a little less for out of state residents, though and to offer more fellowships.
WSU is a typical mid-size university, with a wide variety of course offerings and surprisingly diverse student body. The campus is small and well-kept, and is currently under a large amount of construction, with the intention of expanding student options and resources.
For the most part the experience here is good. Going from a Hutchinson Community College though to WSU was a challenge. Wichita isn't as helpful when it comes to scholarships. They also charge for a lot more things like parking, and more proctored exams. Most of the professors are helpful but there are a few that were difficult to work with.
Everyone is very involved. They are all friendly and helpful. Going on a campus visit there was very nice, it made me feel included in the student life and I am looking forward to attending next fall.
I generally hate how big the campus is. Parking is never fun and neither are the ever growing tuition rates. I don't think most professors on campus are well suited to teach. They seem too smart. The YMCA membership is awesome though. I also like meeting all types of people from different countries.
Diversity is very important to my university. And acceptance for all people. Many different degrees to choose from.
Average affordability. Not too many scholarship options. Average school spirit. Pleasant campus that has expanded immensely since 2013. Classes well available for sign-up.
I liked the fact that it's easy to navigate WSU's campus for the most part. The most glaring problem I have with the university as a whole is that they clearly prioritize the money aspect of higher education over their student's actual well-being. Visiting with multiple academic advisors, they really don't like to talk about affording college, rather taking a school above all us approach in discussing how school fits into the student's actual life. It was almost as if they did not want to acknowledge that the course load that they are paid to push to students is ridiculously expensive and not an option in the student's fiscal reality.
Coming to Wichita State I knew the environment was not going to be the same as other public four year school. Through my years I have gotten to know many many students and I’ve gathered something interesting about the student body. The students at WSU are usually enrolled full time and work at a job. Plenty of opportunities to work in a big metro area which is a huge advantage. Less debt is accumulated by WSU students and I feel this is the reason. Student life will be changing in the next 4 years via more dorms on campus and a new fitness center.

Things are looking different and if you are wanting to be the first to experience you should jump on board! 🌾
Wichita State university is a divertised school. you get to meet new people from different places. You learn new things about peoples way of living and different cultures, religion, nationality or race.
I love Wichita State University! The campus is amazing! Great friends are made. Professors are helpful. I would like the school to be cheaper. too expensive.
I have enjoyed every minute meeting new people. I have experience a lot of new lifestyles away from home. Every teacher that I have had over the least three years has helped me and have been generous people everyday with their time.
Wichita State is a beautiful campus and has so many throngs for college students to do! The tour I took there was very beneficial and quite active.
Start Your Review of Wichita State University
Wichita State University is a great university to get your higher education. They offer many degree programs and majors.
Going to school to get my degree. Not really involved in the other aspects. Some of the professors are hard to understand. I feel lost in the crowd at times.
WSU is amazing! I absolutely love the atmosphere here, I love that it was so welcoming and easy for me to make friends and get involved on campus.