Whitworth University Reviews

I love the small college atmosphere. I love having those close knit relationships in a smaller college. Their food is excellent. The campus looks amazing. The class sizes are small, so I get more 1-1 time with my professors. They have a thing called primetime, so in every dorm, everyone living in the dorm gets together and does something fun, every week. Every time I've been on campus, I've just had a great experience.
Very helpful staff, answered all my questions in a timely matter. Friendly atmosphere with lots of activities. Seemingly friendly students who are very motivated in what they want to do.
A very good Christian university with top rank academics and the staff and students actually show that they care for you. Highly recommend
Start Your Review of Whitworth University
This place isn't the greatest at trying to integrate people into things or events. Primetimes (activity between 8-10) are super loud, and no one seems to care that others are trying to sleep, even afterward.
Let's discuss the students themselves: they seem to be nice, friendly "Christian" people, but really, it's mostly made up of religious fakes with money. I don't mean that *all* of the students are such, because I've met great friends here, but it took time and effort between all the cliques and prissy people that exist.
As a Sodexo employee here, I get really tired of the bitching that goes on about the food. This isn't home cooking, and with limited funds this year, the organization tries to do it's best with what it has.
There is one good thing about this university though; and it's the academics. They have gen eds and they try to give as much diversity to the topics as possible so you'll enjoy them.
Everyone there tries to make sure that you experience a really good educational environment. They strive for excellence. The staff helps in every way possible to ensure that each student that has a disability has the items that are needed in order to succeed.
I attended whitworth university in the fall and only lasted one semester before running home with arms wide open to be happy again. The students here are very happy go lucky and very fake. The campus is very small and the on campus activities and clubs made me feel like I was in elementary school all over again. I could not decide which one of the orientation games I disliked the most, duck duck goose or the "extreme" game of Rock Paper Scissors we played. I'm not joking that actually happened. I felt like an outcast my whole entire experience because I could not make any friends. My roommate took rubber gloves and blew them up into balloons and tapped them to the ceiling, watched the office on her laptop with her lab goggles on, as well as set a cerfew for lights out at a VERY early time. I can not stress this enough, Do. Not. Go. To. Whitworth.
Students and staff have made me feel welcomed. The campus is close to the city but far enough away that you can be relaxed in nature. Traditions such as catching a pine cone and throwing frisbees warms my heart.
Whitworth University is one of the best choices I have ever made. The education is exceptional and the professors are fantastic. They know you by name and make themselves available to students. The students are wonderful too, all very friendly and open to deep conversations at the drop of a hat.
The professors love what they do and the residence hall community is excellent. The campus is open, but self-contained, and it's easy to get to know lots of people in a short amount of time.
I have been here twice for visiting and hitting with the tennis team since I would like to be on the tennis team. It's a really nice college that has everything a student could ask for. What I really like is that they have a big cafeteria where they have a lot of food and it's variable. There is nothing I would change about this.
I love the atmosphere of Whitworth. It is a very welcoming and intelligent campus. Every person I have spoken to has a unique story and a wonderful reason for being at this great school.
Whitworth has a lot of great and helpful people in its administration, from faculty to the staff. A Christian university it is not. "Christian" is more of a label they place on the university, there isn't a lot of substance behind it. The material they present is definitely intellectually challenging. Overall, this is a very good university.
Whitworth is an amazing university. It was the best choice. The professors and faculty are amazing. They have a great support system and help guide you through your four years there.
I just started attending Whitworth and so far my experience has been great. All the students and faculty are very welcoming. Professors care so much for all their students it is just an environment I love being a part of.
Whitworth has an amazing community no matter who you are. You will be challenged academically and encouraged by professors and students alike. The only thing that could improve is the food.
I love Whitworth! This university is incredibly unique in many ways. The community is unlike any other school environment I've been exposed to. The students and professors are genuine and committed to expanding their worldview and living out their faith.
Great school, beautiful campus. I grew up in Spokane and Whitworth has always been coveted as a top notch school. Now that I am a student there I can proudly say that I agree!
Start Your Review of Whitworth University
I absolutely love Whitworth. It has provided me with amazing spiritual growth, incredible relationships with students and faculty, and stellar academics. I have loved every day I have attended and am so blessed God led me to this campus.
At Whitworth University, it's easy to feel at home. You are welcomed by everyone you meet, and friendships are fast in the making. My first week at Whitworth was a whirlwind of "hellos" and "how are you's" from people who genuinely wanted to know me. The professors are extremely helpful, and understand that what you are doing can be stressful. Overall academically, Whitworth is fantastic. I have learned so much towards my field of study in my first year alone. I am also a part of Whitworth's swim team, and they are like a second family to me. I know that I can rely on my teammates to be there for me when I need them. Being a Christian college, Whitworth does not have much of a party scene, but that does not take away from how wonderful of a school Whitworth is in the slightest. I would recommend Whitworth to anyone that is searching for a home away from home with great academic and athletic opportunities surrounded by people who actually care about your well-being and success.
This university is a place where incredibly talented people come together to learn from devoted professors. The campus is beautiful, safe, and fun to explore. Since it is small, you see the same people every day and campus traditions promote friendliness. Student athletes are committed to both their sport and academics.