Whittier College Reviews

Whittier College is very friendly and inclusive, as a campus and in the classroom. Whenever I am on campus, and I walk by any professor that I have had in the past, they say hello to me by name and will have conversation with me. There are so many opportunities to have academic help in the tutoring center, the library, and professor office hours. There is also many opportunities to speak about how one feels on anything occurring in the world. The campus is beautiful and is in the perfect part of the town of Whittier. It's so great to have my friend's be a part of my everyday experience as well.
I was recently admitted to Whittier College, and also recruited to play lacrosse there. I have grown up always going to the school for events such as games. I love the school and everything about it, however if I could change anything, I would update the dorms and clean them up a bit. Just for easier more comfortable living. Other than that everything else is great.
My favorite part about this school is how caring the professors are and how willing they are to help you succeed! One thing that can change is add more classes for the liberal arts program.
Start Your Review of Whittier College
Whittier College is such an amazing school. All the staff in the offices bring such positive vibes to the campus and make you feel welcome. This school has a really good reputation and I love to be part of that. I would not change anything about this school because everyone, even students, are there to help you succeed and become a mature adult. They make sure we are put in the right path. The professors are very nice and help us do a great job. The campus itself is beautiful with such amazing flowers and trees. It brings such a great environment.
I think I made the right choice coming to Whittier. I am absolutely in love with the campus and overall atmosphere of the school. I was worried about the size at first (it is quite small), but after attending my first semester I enjoy the fact that it allows for a more community-like experience. Everyone is so kind and welcoming. I also feel secure yet free. The food at the CI is amazing, there are so much options to choose from. I loved all my professors and classes so far. Also, uptown Whittier it just a close walk! It’s my favorite place to just Rome around when I’m bored!
I enjoy the small campus feel and the ability to connect with faculty. It is the perfect school for those who need a smaller class size in order to succeed. I enjoy the sense of the community and promise of networking that goes on. The energy of the campus is very balanced. There are loads of resources that benefit us while we are attending as well as transitioning out of college.
I thoroughly enjoyed attending a small school such as Whittier. The people here are great as well as the overall culture. The residence halls could use some work.
Seems to be a good school for me overall. Can be slightly expensive, but the teachers care and there are lots of good vibes on campus.
It's average. Some of the professors are fantastic but there's a lot that's lacking at Whittier. There's a lot of diversity but an insidious strain of discrimination.
Professors are excellent and really care about their students. Admin transparency really needs work and the career center could some attention.
I enjoy the smaller class sizes, but I do not feel that every department is given sufficient/equal funds (which is very irritating given that tuition consistently rises).
Whittier College is truly an amazing place. The classes are fantastic, the people are great and the overall quality of campus life is satisfactory.
Whittier College is a private College smaller than the normal Cal States or Universities. Their smaller classroom provide advantages for students to be more involved in class and have more interactions with professors. Their unique programs and activities helped fellow students to have a more suitable environment and better involvement.
The professors are really helpful and are available most of the time. Students are real friendly here and it is a very diverse campus. Students can always get help from several services whether it be tutoring or searching for fellowships or scholarships to study abroad or gain experience for their future career.
Whittier College is a very unique environment where people can feel safe. People take their academic very seriously in order to graduate within four years.
Upon my first semester I fell in love with the campus because of it's gorgeous scenery and great views. The more I got to experience being a student and meeting new people/professors i realized that there is such a great learning environment that is safe and allows for great conversations and open dialogues about any issues being faced by any person/community.
Whittier College is a college that prides itself in its small size and, overall, diverse campus. The teachers are passionate about what they are teaching, they are incredibly understanding with you, and work with you to see what you want out of your future. In short, it is a small school for big dreams.
Start Your Review of Whittier College
Extremely disappointing. What I was hoping to experience at Whittier was something life changing and amazing to say the least. I wanted something that was different than high school as I had not enjoyed high school at all. And what I got by coming to Whittier College was high school all over again. If you enjoyed high school then by all means Whittier is the place to be. But if you loathe high school and want something new, you will transfer out after your first year and feel just really let down. This is of course my current situation. Be wise in your college search.
Such a beautiful "home-away-from-home" campus. It really is worth the tuition, as there are so many opportunities and benefits that come with the school. The students are overall very diverse, nice, and most of all, respectful. The professors and faculty are so helpful, understanding, and they make themselves so approachable to the students.
I have no issue with the academics at this school, the professors are hardworking and passionate about their work and seem to actually care about the students.
However the social life is dire and the accommodation is below par. I would recommend this school for those that wish to immerse themselves in education without other experiences.