Whittier College Reviews

I enjoy the smaller class sizes, but I do not feel that every department is given sufficient/equal funds (which is very irritating given that tuition consistently rises).
Whittier College is truly an amazing place. The classes are fantastic, the people are great and the overall quality of campus life is satisfactory.
Whittier College is a private College smaller than the normal Cal States or Universities. Their smaller classroom provide advantages for students to be more involved in class and have more interactions with professors. Their unique programs and activities helped fellow students to have a more suitable environment and better involvement.
Review Whittier College
The professors are really helpful and are available most of the time. Students are real friendly here and it is a very diverse campus. Students can always get help from several services whether it be tutoring or searching for fellowships or scholarships to study abroad or gain experience for their future career.
Whittier College is a very unique environment where people can feel safe. People take their academic very seriously in order to graduate within four years.
Upon my first semester I fell in love with the campus because of it's gorgeous scenery and great views. The more I got to experience being a student and meeting new people/professors i realized that there is such a great learning environment that is safe and allows for great conversations and open dialogues about any issues being faced by any person/community.
Whittier College is a college that prides itself in its small size and, overall, diverse campus. The teachers are passionate about what they are teaching, they are incredibly understanding with you, and work with you to see what you want out of your future. In short, it is a small school for big dreams.
Extremely disappointing. What I was hoping to experience at Whittier was something life changing and amazing to say the least. I wanted something that was different than high school as I had not enjoyed high school at all. And what I got by coming to Whittier College was high school all over again. If you enjoyed high school then by all means Whittier is the place to be. But if you loathe high school and want something new, you will transfer out after your first year and feel just really let down. This is of course my current situation. Be wise in your college search.
Such a beautiful "home-away-from-home" campus. It really is worth the tuition, as there are so many opportunities and benefits that come with the school. The students are overall very diverse, nice, and most of all, respectful. The professors and faculty are so helpful, understanding, and they make themselves so approachable to the students.
I have no issue with the academics at this school, the professors are hardworking and passionate about their work and seem to actually care about the students.
However the social life is dire and the accommodation is below par. I would recommend this school for those that wish to immerse themselves in education without other experiences.
I just started using Niche. It's simple to use. I haven't run into any problems. Has plenty of no essay scholarships.
At first, I struggled to see the reason why I really wanted to attend Whittier College. But as I graduate early with a Business Major with a Concentration in Management, I finally realize the amazing education I was blessed with in liberal arts. I have a great knowledge in many areas in which I can utilize in the business I plan to work with. I definitely recommend this college as the professors truly care for your success.
What I like about Whittier so far would have to be the people on campus and the class sizes! I love that I am able to interact between my professors and peers. Coming from a public school to now a private school...I am really enjoying the change. What I would like to see change here on campus would be the amount of people who go to sporting events. Having a huge crowd behind you whether you are doing good or not shows that the school had pride, regardless of the score.
HONESTLY MY FIRST YEAR HERE AT WHITTIER WAS PRETTY CHALLENGING. BUT THEN AGAIN I HAD MENTORS WHO GUIDED ME AND IT WAS SUPER GREAT BECAUSE NOW I AM GIVING BACK TO MY COMMUNITY. THE ADVISORS REALLY HELP YOU OUT WITH YOUR ACADEMICS. THERE ARE SEVERAL PROGRAMS TO HELP YOU WITH ANY CHALLENGE YOU MAY BE FACING. ONLY THING THE SCHOOL REALLY HAS TO WORK ON IS GETTING NEW DORMS. THERE HAS BEEN AN UPGRADE IN PARKING AND BUILDINGS BUT NOT WHERE THE STUDENTS HOUSE AND THAT'S NOT WORTH $50,000 IF IT HASN'T HAD ANY NEW RENOVATIONS WITH LOW MAINTENANCE STAFF WHO NEEDS HELP AND GETS PAID LESS FOR A PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT CHARGES THEIR STUDENTS A LOT.
I enjoyed the school very much. It's academic departments offer much needed learning and success to each of their students. Also, their athletics are top in their division. I sincerely loved the college life experience on the campus
Haven't been to one myself, but parties on campus look pretty fun. Security is there just in case. Most parties take place off-campus however. Those are the most fun and again, everyone seems to be taking care of everyone.
I've seen lots of people get in groups and go out partying, haven't done it myself however. Seems like everyone takes care of each other and make sure everyone's safe and having fun.
Review Whittier College
Professors can vary, but they're all willing to help in one way or another. The curriculum is challenging. The registration is brutal, lots of people can barely manage to get the classes they need to graduate. Study areas include the library, lounges in the dorm buildings, The Spot, really anywhere you see fit basically.
I have yet to meet someone who treats me differently based on who I am. The diversity is wonderful.
I don't really see anyone whipping out drugs on sight, they usually do it off campus if anything.