Whitman College Reviews

I just took a recruit trip to Whitman and I loved it. Everyone is unbelievably welcoming and the campus is gorgeous- can't wait to be apart of the community!
This was the worst school experience I've ever had in my life. The people were very mean and judgemental and the school itself was overrated and overpriced. The tuition is about the same you would pay at Harvard or Yale with about as much distinction as you would have from most accredited colleges out there. I went there for two years and left without a degree. It was a total waste of money. I ended up getting a BS from another college with a 68% acceptance rate for a fraction of the money that I spent at Whitman.
Whitman College is truly amazing. I am impressed every day with the quality of the professors, the sense of community on campus, and the scenic surroundings. I have made some really great friends that I know will be life-long connections. My first year here has been great, and I am looking forward to my sophomore year.
There is truly not much I would change, except perhaps increasing number of shuttles to the airport in Pasco.
Review Whitman College
I have had a great experience so far at Whitman and it is everything that I hoped it would be. The friendly vibe of the student body is great and does an awesome job of making Whitman a great tight knit community.
The academic side of the school is pretty solid and prepares the students well for their future. However, the social life lacks because people are not very interesting and diverse. There is an immense lack of diversity and all around the campus you mostly see white people. For those that like diversity, it will be hard to find their place in this school. Also, students are not very politically or socially engaged. Nevertheless, there is a cool vibe in campus and people are quite chill.
Greeks are surprisingly friendly and inviting
I wish we had football, but intramurals are huge
Walla walla may suck, but I'm never bored.
Sense of community is prevalent in all residence halls.
Greek life advantages (e.g. Great network) without its disadvantages (Frat boy image, irresponsible partying)
Wonderful small town, beautiful campus, and a great bunch of students, faculty and staff.
I love Whitman College. The professors not only care about you but also want to see you succeed. Whitman could work on the variety of courses and majors/minors offered. There is still a lot to choose from to study though. Everyone is accepting of each other and the student body is full of humble and kind students.
There is the iEngage program which allows you to apply for jobs post graduation to many companies around the U.S. Whitman makes the transition go smoother. There are several job and internship opportunities on campus that are announced through very frequent emails and bulletin boards all over campus.
There are many talks about consent and sexual violence that all freshmen have to go through during orientation. There are several clubs on campus that support the prevention of sexual violence. There is even the green dot initiative and an app created by students where students can request help at anytime they need it. I feel very safe on this campus because everyone cares about each other.
The social atmosphere is great. As an antisocial person, it was hard making friends at first. But students are so welcoming and always asked if I wanted to come to dinner with them. The dorm rooms are not too spacious but they definitely do the job. There is enough space to keep all your belongings in and then some. At least in jewett hall, there are the couch bed which really help create space when you are no using your bed
The guys and girls that are part of Greek life at Whitman are quite welcoming. They treat you the same whether you turn down their offer of invitation to a fraternity/sorority or join the fraternity/sorority. Whitman has amazingly humble and nice students and there and every student treats each other the same way despite affiliation with greek life
All students come out to games and love participating in intramural sports as well.
Review Whitman College
Whitman College is filled with hardworking, humble studnets
Could not have had a better college experience
Many resources available for career planning