Wheeling University Reviews

Great campus so far and I hope for good things to come out of the education. Staffing is very helpful even under these circumstances
online courses are pretty good. the professors are always replying to emails in a timely manner and are there for help
A really great school they treat you like family make sure you are well taken care of this school takes you in and treats you like you are a unity this is more than a school from the day I walked in I was treated like no other well respected and loved
Start Your Review of Wheeling University
Wheeling University has an abundance of athletic and academic talent. There's never a dull moment on campus. Academic wise the university has an excellent business and education departments where the professors are committed to your success by teaching you valuable life skills.
It is like a big family. Everybody knows everybody and we are all very supportive of each other. Faculty is very personable and finds time to help students, as well as working very well with student athletes. The school needs to fix up some basic things around campus, as well as remodeling, but we all understand that will take time too
i love the environment of my school to be everyone is so warm and welcoming it felt like another home. However, the only problem I came across was that when I called in for questions I didn't always get the best response or everyone was telling me different things.
I graduated in 1971. I was appointed to the board of directors in 1973. The school was in financial straits but the new board rectified the financial situation, Fr Currie hired top notch development and admissions personnel and the Board raised money especially the McDonough contributions. After Currie left things slowly went downhill until the current board and the recent board members must have made some bad decisions for the recent announcements to occur. Now it will take a miracle to keep the school afloat. Leadership just is not there today! So disappointing!
I like the small campus life at Wheeling Jesuit University. The professor to student ratio is quite simply a perfect fit for me coming from a small high school atmosphere. My high school experience was one where everyone knew one another and this college experience is very similar. The college community is a very close knit family sort of atmosphere which fits my personality very well.
Wheeling Jesuit offered a great education and a great atmosphere. I was able to complete my four year degree as a student athlete while being involved in multiple clubs, and I got into the graduate program of my choice.
They laid a foundation for my life’s successes!
Liberal arts education including theology and philosophy’s along with a major in psychology set the stage for mr to move on to greater achievements in my life. They were inspirational and academic. Quality professors who made you think and expand your horizons. Now all that occurred from 1967 to 1971.
1971 graduate. Came from a coal mining family. Received a good education to transition my life to the business world and later went on to obtain a law degree. The liberal arts education and Jesuit reputation have been keys to open my mind and many doors in my life. WJU needs better leadership, a more aggressive board of directors, and a financial foundation to grow into the future. On line classes are must for the future in all levels of education. WJU is far behind in using digital advancements and mobile messaging linking education to the current and ever advancing communication and connection in today's world. However my life was made possible in great part by attending Wheeling College aka as WJU.
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS SCHOOL. Absolutely terrible. Nobody on this campus cares about the students. They only care about the money and everyone else is nonexistent. The school is full of cliques. The upper administration is the worst. They say you matter because it is a small school but you are only just a number. They have cut back fun events so much there is almost nothing to do. I recommend NOBODY ever enrolls here.
I like the small campus feel. You get to know everyone really well. There is a lot of international students on campus which gives students like myself a chance to experience other cultures. I also like the small class sizes. Through two years, my biggest class has been 25 students, and I have had class sizes as small as 7.
It has been over all okay. The nursing program has been in transition for a couple years and has little to no consistency which can get stressful.
The school is segregated between international students and regular students
Almost every other night campus smells of weed
There has been a couple of incidents before with sexual assult.
Start Your Review of Wheeling University
Was really exited when I when on my first visit, after that everything when downhill.
Cleaning crew just get by doing the bear minimum.
Could get more gear for every sport not just the basketball team.