COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Wheaton College will open its campus to students for the Fall 2020 semester with classes beginning as scheduled on August 26, adhering to Restore Illinois guidelines. We will follow a modified academic calendar this fall to maximize in-person academic and co-curricular experiences. Visits for prospective students may be scheduled on an individual basis and through virtual visit events. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Valuegrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade A minus
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade C minus
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade A+
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade A minus
As you begin to search for the right college for you, start with what you believe. Your faith is a defining part of who you are, but cultivating your God-given talents through academic rigor is just as important for your college journey.
At Wheaton College, you don’t have to settle. You can have both. Ranked the #1 liberal arts college in Illinois by Niche and named “One of America’s foremost Christian Institutions” by The Economist, Wheaton is second to none in delivering a premier Christ-centered education that produces successful graduates.
With respected scholars and supportive faculty like ours, expect high standards and intellectual camaraderie in any and all programs that you experience during your four years here.
We integrate faith and learning into everything we do—and no matter where you are in your relationship with Christ, we’re committed to helping you explore and flourish as you pursue your academic, athletic, and artistic excellence.
Wheaton College - Illinois Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 40 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 52 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 52 responses
- Managerial Economics78 Graduates
- Communications52 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies42 Graduates
- Psychology42 Graduates
- Biblical Studies36 Graduates
- Economics34 Graduates
- English34 Graduates
- Biology33 Graduates
- Elementary Education30 Graduates
- International Relations25 Graduates
Human Needs and Global Resources (HNGR) Program
Human Needs and Global Resources (HNGR) is an academic certificate program that integrates multidisciplinary coursework, a six-month internship, and whole-person formation through experiential learning. The program cultivates a life-orienting commitment to justice, intercultural humility, compassion, hospitality, environmental health, and peacemaking, actively reflected in lifestyle and vocation.
- Culturally Christian9%
- Ready for everything and anything3%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 45 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 70 responses
- Hard working45%
- Home away from home3%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 24 responses